It’s that time again

For one week out of each month, I lose my mind.

It happens every single month, yet I am never prepared for it. N.E.V.E.R.

During these 5-7 days, all rational thought goes out the door and is replaced with fear, anxiety, self-doubt and pity, {not to mention water retention, 5lbs, pain, & blood} and there is not a thing I can do about it but ride the storm.

What’s most confusing during this time is everything I seem to have a grasp on, turns to mush. For three weeks I am content with my reality and happy to pursue realistic goals I’ve set for myself and our future. Week four creeps upon me and I hate everything about everything. Patience seems to escape my being all together and everything that was once okay is now either taking too long or seems pointless to even continue. And again, what confuses me is: Which thinking is correct? The three weeks I am content? or the one week where everything seems wrong?

{it’s rare but} Sometimes I hate being a woman.

• hautepocket

August 21, 2008 | Reply

I 100% understand and sympathize with what you’re going through. I turn into a reclusive, depressed, blubbering bitchy mess. It’s a wonder I haven’t been shot. Hang in there.

• ilovemydoggy

August 21, 2008 | Reply

Oh God. I am so glad you posted this. I am so irrational at times. This week was like that. Wait until menopause — then you’re like that all day long. But the spiritual wisdom you receive makes it worth it.

~ Nancy Mehegan
    Vaboomer

• Tiffany

August 21, 2008 | Reply

ugh. I used to be like this too. Totally irrational and bitchy to everyone that even looked at me.

then I got on Yaz and it changed my life. Am happy again, not cranky and my fiance does not get his head bit off when he asks me where I want to eat for dinner.

• Bayjb

August 22, 2008 | Reply

Ugh honey I’m the same way. I rotate one month being super weepy and tired and the next I’m angry and pissy. It’s an awful cycle

• ~ alison

August 22, 2008 | Reply

omg. the cat picture is hilarious!

• CoutureCarrie

August 22, 2008 | Reply

Right there with ya, sweetie!!

xoxox,
    CC

• Penny

January 12, 2009 | Reply

just started reading your blog,and i am loving it.you are not only gorgeous,but also a good writer,who makes everyday occurences in your life interesting to read about.

not only do i totally understand what you’re talking about,but i am the same every month,and can honestly say,i have no idea how to handle it.and sometimes i don’t even realise the way i’m acting,and then i start to think my life is horrible because of a million reasons i think up at the drop of a hat.

and then i realise a few days later,it was that time of the month,and i’m actually fine.

men are lucky bastards.although i have this theory that men actually also have “a time of the month”,but minus the blood and water retention.

either way,thanks for your entertaining blog,i’m looking forward to see all your great outfits for the winter,as well as what’s going on in your life.

xoxo