Friday RANTS!

This is a photo of my desk {or part of it} at work. Today. You would think they would motivate me into a good mood. Mostly, yes. Not today.

Today, I just want to go home.

Even the beautiful daisies below on the opposite side are doing nothing to make me feel better.

It’s not that anything’s really THAT bad. It’s just been a tough week for us and today, it has manifested itself physically. I have indigestion and do not feel well. And when I do not feel well in the stomach, it causes anxiety about being sick {weird, I know} which, in turn, creates more anxiety and more ill-feelings.

*I’m so happy it’s Friday but seriously I cannot wait to get out of here. First of all, the boss has fired a woman that I really liked because we’re trying to “cut costs”. But I think it’s bullshit because he’s hired a new woman in her place who just so happened to work for him for like 15 years {minus the last five}. She doesn’t live here and has to commute a couple times a month. Does that sound like cutting costs? Not. one. cent.

*It’s ALWAYS freezing in here. And it makes me miserable! Then when I turn on my space heater, the boss comes out and says “It’s like the Sahara in here, YOU’RE COLD????” …every. time.

*I’m still ragingly angry {and while driving to and fro work, I think of what I SHOULD have said to} that douche cop who gave me a ticket on Tuesday.

*The small businesses that my husband and father-in-law own were burglarized AGAIN this week. AGAIN!!!! AND, the thieves consistently do more in damage {cost wise} by breaking the three doors, roof, gates, and cash register than what they actually steal! Where’s that ass-hole cop when you actually need him?

…Ohhhhhhh, right, waiting in Beverly Hills at a stop sign handing out tickets like candy. Totally useful.

*I am getting my hair done this afternoon, which is exciting {farewell dark roots!}, but when I’m not feeling well, the last thing I want to do is sit in a chair for two hours worrying about it! AND, I don’t want to miss the debates tonight – {kind of}

*My skin is broken out because I’m ovulating – something I wouldn’t have known before trying to have a baby.

*My husband is leaving tomorrow for San Fran for a football game and I’m going to be all alone with the doggies. While this will afford me time to get things done, I’m going to miss him terribly! Also, we’ve only been apart for one night intervals twice in our relationship. This is 3 days! boo

*I am so ready for the weekend! Who’s with me?

• Felicia

September 26, 2008 | Reply

I am the same way about my heater at work. I HATE when people have to make a comment on it. I just want to say, “Sorry I’m not going through change of life like you, you old cow!!”

Love your blog by the way!!

• geri

September 26, 2008 | Reply

what a great surprise! and ummm that ring is amaaaaazing!

• ~alison

September 27, 2008 | Reply

omg. I hope he didn’t fire Janelle! I didn’t know Pep was going to be gone all weekend! I’ll keep you company. you are going to get soooooo much done!!

By the way – your pic – hysterical!

• Wep

September 27, 2008 | Reply

I am so with you on that worrying about being sick. I totally do it too.

My hubby is going away to watch a football game this weekend too. I was looking forward to it until he mentioned he was taking my car with him :(

• Liz

September 27, 2008 | Reply

Sorry you had a tough week….but the weekend is here now and you can kick back. Hope you feel better.

• Maki

September 27, 2008 | Reply

Awwww poor baby, cheer up!!!

My life has been hectic and tough as well, there were times I wanted to pull my hair out!!

I’m sorry about your hubby and dad-in-law’s business being burglarized. That’s terrible!Really, Where is that cop? He should’ve been at your hubby’s place waiting the bad guys, not at a stop sign!!!

Hope you’ll feel better and text your hubby non-stop while he’s away.

ps – are you watching the debates???

• Evil Mr. Peppers

September 27, 2008 | Reply

This comment has been removed by the author.

• ...love Maegan

September 27, 2008 | Reply

You guys are awesome! I got my hair done and I LOVE my stylist. She is AMAZING. Husband and I had sushi for dinner and now we’re home watching the debate.
    I feel so much better to finally be home and relaxed. …and it’s the weekend!

Happy Weekend Everyone! …{Oh-Bama…sigh} <3

• Nanny Pants is on the loose

September 27, 2008 | Reply

hey ovulator..you should be fucking like bunnies.

• RiverMist

September 27, 2008 | Reply

I feel you,

I work at an art gallery as well.

• Teal Chic

September 27, 2008 | Reply

I hear ya sister! Hope you have a good weekend!!!

• we wear things

September 27, 2008 | Reply

awww… sorry to hear your friday wasn’t so pleasant.. i think i’m one of the lucky few who really has a great rapport with my boss.. oh and i love that you have a photo of will ferrell on your desk

• Holly

September 28, 2008 | Reply

haha I think its totally standard for bosses to comment on your temperature. i hate it. my boss tells me i look “wilted” when its too hot. uhhh thanks.

p.s. v. pretty pic!

• bianca

September 28, 2008 | Reply

I’ve just started reading your blog – it’s fabulous! Instead of leaving a bunch of comments in random places, I’ll just leave them here:

1) I totally understand the being apart thing. Once a year I go visit my family in Chicago without my fiance and I’m miserable. It’s soo rough.

2) I love love LOVE that you compared yourself to Rachel Zoe when talking about packing a lot. The fact that airlines have limited me to 1 bag at 50 lbs that I have to pay for and don’t allow me to bring liquids on the plane absolutely kills me. People think I’m crazy for paying. But I like my shoes.

3) Your Rock Band skills are fantastic!

• hautepocket

September 29, 2008 | Reply

I agree. The weekend couldn’t have come at a better time. Hope you feel better!

• Rachel

September 29, 2008 | Reply

I feel ya sista…I have had many days like that; hating my job these days as I work in the homebuilding industry and it’s depressing. I always wish it was Friday!!!

• Rachel

September 29, 2008 | Reply

BTW you look sooo cute with your pouty look :)

• High-Heeled Foot in the door

October 2, 2008 | Reply

I love your pics at work. I think I look like that everyday.Too funny. I like you also get anxiety when I don’t feel well hence making me feel even worse. What a cycle. I hope your weekend was good!