Tag Team ~ Back Again

I was tagged last week by a couple different bloggirls …omg I just made that shit up! BLOGGIRLS! WHAT!??!!? Does that already exist? Because it totally should! {all versions of the URL are already taken, I checked} Alright, maybe it’s not an award winning title {but it totally is} Anyway. Leigh and Mrs. S, and Laurie @ Blooming Lily, and Maki tagged me so I’m gonna lump em all together into one big tag team.

I think one was 6 things and one was 7 …so I’ll go with 7 things

1. I love puzzles …all kinds. But specifically, for this, regular old {granny} jigsaw puzzles. I prefer 1000 pieces or more and I’m pretty good and quick! When I quit smoking, I set up puzzles outside where I used to smoke so I could continue to go out as if to smoke but kept myself busy with a puzzle. It was really just to break the habit of it.

2. My husband was married when I met him.

3. I didn’t go to my father’s funeral.

4. I’m not great at checking my email and/or phone messages.

5. I HATE the wind and wake up in the middle of the night with blood pouring out my nostrils when it’s dry and windy and there are fires …it’s been happening since I was a child. {I hope everyone is safe right now in the midst of these horrendous fires}

6. Politics infuriate me and I am quite positive that nothing is as it seems. Some would call me a conspiracy theorist. But what if it’s true?

7. My dad’s mom was a singer and committed suicide two years before I was born. My grandpa remarried a younger Japanese woman named Masumi that he met in Japan while on tour {he’s a drummer}. We have sushi on Christmas every year. She’s the only “grandma” I know on my dad’s side but we call her Masumi …and her accent is just as strong as it was in the 70′s when my grandpa married her. She’s awesome.

Link to your tagger and list the rules
List 7 random facts about yourself
Tag 7 people (and make sure you check back and see what they say!)
If you’re tagged, play along and pass it on!

Maki actually tagged me for the 11 things but I did that one last week so I’m doing the other one she listed….cuz I make up my own rules …lol

Top Four wishes:
~I wish I could get pregnant
~I wish I was independently wealthy!
~I wish I didn’t have regrets about my past
~I wish our world leaders were honest with us

Four Places I want to travel to:
~Italy
~Greece
~London
~Japan

Four Careers I want to be involved in:
~motherhood
~writing
~design
~art

Four things I would like God to say at the gates of Heaven:
~Jesus wants to say “Hi”
~You were right!
~You did it!
~Now, go back and try again.

Tagging: If I tag you, you can either choose one of the above or both of the above …again, I’m making up my own rules :)
High-Heeled Foot in the Door, Kenya.b, Nikki, No Ordinary Rollercoaster, Ashley @ Our Little Apartment, Miss Anne

I found this over @ Leigh’s place and I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO IT ….I love it.

Bat For Lashes: Whats a Girl To Do

I have to go to a funeral today. My husband’s grandma died. She was 94. Her name was Ruth. She had 10 children and three miscarriages. She outlived two of her children. She loved baseball: Cubs + Dodgers. She loved to talk some shit. She had her mind until the end. She was awesome! {but I hate funerals}

• Hope2morrow

October 14, 2008 | Reply

Very interesting seven random facts. Love it!

Hope your funeral is ok. I’m not overly fond of them either, but they always make me analyze life.

• merc3069

October 14, 2008 | Reply

One of the best posts I’ve read.

• Miss Anne

October 14, 2008 | Reply

preface: I may or may not have been singing “Whomp there it is” while reading your entire post… confession: I knew all the words then and realized I still do now. ha!

great list!

i love your top 4 lists.. and am choosing to participate in that one (because you tagged me.. :) sweet!)

I hope that the funeral is focused on the joy and good memories that she brought to everyone’s lives.

*Godspeed Ruth* (she sounds like quite the little lady!)

• Holly

October 14, 2008 | Reply

high fives: i love puzzles and WIND is my most hated element EVER! I have to say I am a little curious about your husband being married prior, reminds me of Tori & Dean, and we all know how much they are in love. <3

Sorry about your husband’s g-ma, but amazing that she had her mind until the end, that is getting more rare.

• Cocotte

October 14, 2008 | Reply

Sorry about the funeral. I know exactly what you mean about grandmas who talk shit! Love them!

• Nikki

Thanks for the tag! :D
    Your blog is so cute, I love it! I need to do some actual work right now, but I’ll get on the new post later this afternoon… Stay tuned! :P

• Rachel

October 14, 2008 | Reply

I’m sorry for the loss! My condolences.

Your post is great and we are soo more alike; yet I am supposed to quit smoking and I haven’t yet UGHHH I am sooo weak but I’m trying to lose weight too!

• Mrs. S

Great lists!

My thoughts are with you and your husband during this difficult day. Funerals are awful.

• bianca

October 14, 2008 | Reply

“Tag team back again. Check it, direct it, let’s begin…”

Yea, definitely was singing that as I read through the post.

I’m sorry that you have to go to a funeral. She sounds like an amazing woman. My thoughts are with you and your husband.

• La Belette Rouge

October 14, 2008 | Reply

I am so sorry about your loss of Grandma Ruth. She sounds like she was and amazing spirit. Hugs to you.

• Mama's Losin' It

October 14, 2008 | Reply

Did I miss something? Why can’t you have babies? Wait…was your uterus removed?? I do remember you posting about those dr. appointments…refresh my memory…

• Meaghan

October 14, 2008 | Reply

How could anyone hate you ???? You were just being funny ;)

-Meaghan

• Maki

October 14, 2008 | Reply

OMG – Maegan you would not believe this.. My JT’s grandma passed away last year – she was 94 and her name was Ruth. I’m so sorry about your loss, but I am sure she’d lead one good life! Big hugs.
    xoxo

• ~alison

October 14, 2008 | Reply

ok, I am starting to think there is a conspiracy against me…I am not getting tagged by you…

: )

I actually had a ream about you over my vacation. Not a happy one… : (
    But DON’T worry…It was more about me.

• ...love Maegan

October 15, 2008 | Reply

Oh, Mrs. Lady Brown! I was going to tag you but I read in your comments that someone else had… so I thought you had enough on your hands …But I am hereby tagging you now!! Pick which one you want to do.

• peterdewolf

October 15, 2008 | Reply

“Jesus says hi!” <— Gold!

• Courtney

October 15, 2008 | Reply

Love your blog, I never comment enough, but I have been inspired by the SITS blogathon to leave some love, and let you know that you made my list!
    Thanks for the entertainment :)

• ~alison

October 15, 2008 | Reply

ahahahahaha! I wasn’t serious, lady!

Can’t wait to hang this weekend and give Pep some love…since his g’ma is no longer with us. My heart hurts for him.

• Leigh

October 15, 2008 | Reply

I can totally relate to 3 and 4, same for me. Long story with my dad and I am just horrible with the phone, its just that it is always sitting in my purse and I have no idea that anyone called in the first place.. I am always getting yelled at by my friends. LOL.

Sorry you have to attend a funeral, sounds like she had a wonderful long life, but those are just so hard.

xx