Change & Understanding

I can only imagine that the feeling I had last night was much how my mom felt when John F. Kennedy was elected president.

She has told me of a time that sounded much like ours now ~ when change was what people were looking for ~ what people needed.

She told me she cried when JFK was elected. That everyone cried.

I cried last night. I’m sure I’m not the only one brought to tears by hope of a better world.

I didn’t understand until now.

I think this is the first time in my life that I truly feel “American” and proud. I hope we can unite together as one world and live in harmony.

{off topic completely, did anyone see Anderson Cooper talking to Wil.I.Am’s HOLOGRAM!?!?!??!!?!? on CNN …um, kind of AWESOME!}

• Mrs.D

November 5, 2008 | Reply

I know!! I am soooo happy!! My son and I both wore blue to school today in honor of his victory. And in my cornfield surrounded town, Obama was not the popular choice, but he was ours. :-)

• Nicole Leigh

November 5, 2008 | Reply

Well said! I’m so excited!!!!!

• La Belette Rouge

November 5, 2008 | Reply

I cried too. I am so happy!!!

p.s. Mrs. D: You have a gorgeous cat!! If you ever have kittens contact me.:-)

• Maki

November 5, 2008 | Reply

I so agree with you, Maegan. I was in tears because of the overwhelming feelings of pride and joy. I was so proud of people who voted because they all believed in something. I’ve never seen or exerience anything like it in my life.

It was the most dramatic and historic moment. I am so proud that I was part of it!

• Holly

November 5, 2008 | Reply

LOL the election shin dig i was at last night also had people tripping out over the hologram!!

I was also a crier.

• sparkleandglitter

November 5, 2008 | Reply

In the UK we’re all really excited too, most of my friends have stated that this is the first US election we’ve really felt passionate about and genuinely cared about the result – presumably because we’ve now seen how the whole world is affected by the wrong US president!

• Mariafer

November 5, 2008 | Reply

I cried too, he didn’t get my vote but it was an historic moment in ours lives and I happy for our country!
    XX
    Maria

• Franco

November 5, 2008 | Reply

IS IT TRUE that prop 8 got passed, how lame!
    oh yeas truly historic

• peterdewolf

November 5, 2008 | Reply

My hologram is leaving this comment.

• Slick

November 5, 2008 | Reply

Unfortunately, I was at work when the news came about that McCain conceded….

I felt relieved….but also it’s kind of scary, you know.

Someone who really doesn’t know the “ins and outs” of today’s politics running our country…..

But then again, I also think it’s exactly what we need.

• Lump

November 5, 2008 | Reply

Change is about to happen. I am ready!

• - C -

…not really off topic.

I watched CNN but I missed that part. How funny!

• Aubrey

November 5, 2008 | Reply

I cried too. What an amazing night. Even more so that I got to watch with my husband and 3 kids. My toddler sat quietly and watched Obama speak too! I now that is a moment I will remember forever.

• Rachel

November 5, 2008 | Reply

I can’t wait to see the CHANGE!

• Evil Mr. Peppers

November 5, 2008 | Reply

I have renewed faith in the United States and Politics as a whole. Obama – YES WE CAN!

p.s.

Favre 2016!

• dolcechic

November 5, 2008 | Reply

This is so exciting, I love it!!!

• ALC

November 5, 2008 | Reply

hah. the Will.I.Am holograph was all over the radio in Tennessee this morning. =)

I’m glad so many people are please, as I am, with Obama’s victory.

• The Rest is Still Unwritten

November 5, 2008 | Reply

Well, I’m a little nervous that’s he’s going to tax the shit out me! His little Robin Hood tax isn’t my fave! I work 70 hours a week and make plenty of money. But I make enough money for myself and my family. Not to support the rest of the country. I just feel like others should have work as hard as I do.

That being said, I think he has a great opportunity to make some much needed changes and I hope the best for him and his cabinet!

• citysage

November 5, 2008 | Reply

I am so awestruck not only by the man himself but by the way the country seems absolutely motivated to make a change TOGETHER. It is truly the mark of a great leader when he inspires in others what he expects of himself.

And that hologram stuff? I really felt like I was living an episode of Star Trek. What a trip!

• Vain and Vapid

November 5, 2008 | Reply

I can once again say how proud I am to be am American and I hope we will move forward with the change that has been long overdue…

Hooray for the USA!

I know, that hologram was hilarious…

• Felicia

November 5, 2008 | Reply

A better question is, why the hell was CNN interviewing Will.i.am???? Nice hard-hitting journalism CNN!

• Megkathleen

November 6, 2008 | Reply

I cried too! How could you not?

Umm…the hologram kinda freaks me out.

November 6, 2008 | Reply

how come YOU comment on random blogs but yo almost don’t in mine, and I comment yours as often as I can :(

• Muthering Heights

November 6, 2008 | Reply

Yeah, I was LOVING the holograms – so techie and cool!

• Chris

November 6, 2008 | Reply

It’s definitely a glorious time, isn’t it?

And no, I didn’t see Anderson Cooper talking to Wil.I.Am’s hologram. That sounds a bit bizarre :)

• Julia

November 6, 2008 | Reply

We needed this change! We needed to believe that there’s something to hope for. That the status quo is no longer enough!

• susan

November 6, 2008 | Reply

I got teary-eyed – I am so proud and amazed and happy.

• The Blogoteque

I cried also…

Ive been alive 28 years now and last night i felt as i had never felt before…it is indiscribable….so proud to be an American.

The only way I can describe it is…A rebirth…American is renewed…truly a beacon of hope.

• Nicole Marie

November 6, 2008 | Reply

I got chills the whole night. Everyone on my streets cheering and celebrating and hugging random people.

i feel so patriotic!

and yes totally saw that hologram! seriously awesome and very star trek!

• Song of Style

November 6, 2008 | Reply

i got so emotional when i knew obama was going to be president!!!

• Leigh

November 6, 2008 | Reply

Its so true, not ONE election did I feel the way I did last night, I felt proud of this country again and the fact that we broke down walls and earned respect back from others. I really believe that anything is possible again and even in my own life I am going to make those impossibles happen.

• saray

:D yay Obama!

• JenNyc

November 6, 2008 | Reply

I ALMOST cried…but I have had a smile on my face for 36 hours! Anyway, I ve stopped by a couple of times, saw you on I heart2 girls. Love your blog, love the doggie.
    I’m a new bee to blogging and yours inspires me to spruce mine up! Nice to meet you!

• Baking With Plath

November 6, 2008 | Reply

I wish I had a hologram!!

• Danielle

November 6, 2008 | Reply

i cried too. i cried listening to the radio early in the morning, just thinking about it all. people, especially those even younger than myself, don’t really understand how HUGE this is in our history.

• ...love Maegan

November 6, 2008 | Reply

anonymous: I’m so sorry I’ve hurt your feelings!!!

Believe me when I say, I try to look at everyone’s blog. I love looking and commenting on everyone’s life and I’m so sorry if I haven’t made it to yours yet. Sometimes I get too busy, which I hate because I really REALLY enjoy reading everyone’s posts. I’m not sure who you are but I hope I come across you very soon :)

• Dorkys Ramos

November 6, 2008 | Reply

Man I kept hearing all about these special effects and holograms, but I didn’t get to see them! I do remember the primaries with their touch screens and whatnot. CNN blows my mind sometimes!

P.S. Yay for Obama!!

• stacy

November 6, 2008 | Reply

The hologram was super awesome.

• Helmey

November 6, 2008 | Reply

That was an awesome night…

I need to figure that hologram thing out so I can impress my friends…or at the very least show up at inappropriate moments in hologram form…

• cindy : quaint

November 7, 2008 | Reply

it’s still amazing! and yes, the interview with will.i.am via hologram was uber-cool!