Completely Gratuitous

I know I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Driving to work in the morning in LA traffic is going to give me a heart attack. Where else in the world does driving 9 miles take over an hour? Please, give me a break Los Angeles, are you trying to kill me?

I’ve finally cooled down from my morning commute just in time to give you an outfit post. Today I am wearing …my most comfortable jeans with the same vintage lace camisole I wore two days ago. It just works with so many outfits.

Jeans: 7 ~ seen here and here
Blouse: Vintage {grandma’s}
Lace Cami: Vintage ~ seen here
Grey Wool Blazer: Vintage
Shoes: Steve Madden ~ also seen here
Earrings: Silver and Crystal {cheapies}
Necklace: Vintage 60′s {grandma’s} also seen here

I am so lucky to have so many great pieces from my grandma {whom we actually called Nana}. She would have been so excited to know this.

Oh Happy Thursday. So looking forward to The Office tonight. {well, that and the fact that tomorrow is Friday!}

• merc3069

I like this get up!

• Megan

November 20, 2008 | Reply

I am totally looking forward to the office tonight too! You have some great stuff from your Grandma! Very lucky!!

• ~Trish~

November 20, 2008 | Reply

Dear lord I would kill myself in those boots!! How tall are you?? I’m 5’7″ and with those I’d be a giant!!!

• Mrs. S

November 20, 2008 | Reply

Loving this outfit today! I think it’s my favorite recently. :)

Please oh please do a tutorial on how you make your hair so fabulous!!

• ash

November 20, 2008 | Reply

LOVE LOVE LOVE the balzer!
    you look great!

• Domestic Fashionista

November 20, 2008 | Reply

You have great fashion! I absolutely love grandma’s blouse. And it is 10x even better since it is vintage from your gma. Too cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

• Rachel

November 20, 2008 | Reply

Woohooo it is Thursday…Can’t wait for THE OFFICE not to mention Friday!

Love Love Love the outfit and the hair is rockin today girl!

• ...love Maegan

November 20, 2008 | Reply

Trish: lol, I’m 5’7″ too. I love being tall though. My husband calls me Amazon. lol.

Mrs. S: maybe I should do a hair tutorial. that would be fun!

Thanks everyone for your nice comments, as usual, you make me blush!

• Mike

November 20, 2008 | Reply

Also, those shoes can double as weapons in case of ninja attack.

Friggin Ninjas.

• Gabby

November 20, 2008 | Reply

I love the gray and pink and the different textures!

I drive in LA maybe once every few months and it’s enough to give me an anxiety attack. I feel your pain!

• The Seeker

November 20, 2008 | Reply

You really look so great!

xoxo

• Holly

November 20, 2008 | Reply

omg that pink top is killer!

• Megkathleen

November 20, 2008 | Reply

I’m jealous of the top! I need a tie neck top now, I’m going to have to go on a search.

• Andy

November 20, 2008 | Reply

I love your hair as much as I like the pink top, which is to say, you look fabulous.
    I often wear my grandfather’s suit vest. It’s amazing, and even better because he wore it before.

I think one of these days I should do a gratuitous fashion show on my blog. What do you think?

• Couture Carrie

November 20, 2008 | Reply

Love this outfit, M, esp. the vintage blouse (go gran!) and so glad you are using that perfect hair day for your new profile pic!

xoxox,
    CC

• Mama Kat

November 20, 2008 | Reply

It helps to have a nana with awesome freaking taste! LOVE the blouse AND the necklace.

• Miss Anne

November 20, 2008 | Reply

Quit being so damn cute and perfect!!!

p.s. i ♥ your nana’s stuff!

• Bella

November 20, 2008 | Reply

I love the vintage lace camisole… and of course, you look amazing!

• The Rest is Still Unwritten

November 21, 2008 | Reply

Seriously, I wish I lived in LA. Then we could be real-life friends, and I could borrow your clothes!

• Chris

November 21, 2008 | Reply

I’m so glad to be feeling a little better, back and reading your blog, and how lucky to see one of your fashion posts too! I love that kicky pose with the smile, showing off your awesome shoes.

And yeah, traffic blows here in the Chicago area too. I get so mad sometimes I just laugh hysterically at the insanity of it all (like taking an hour to drive 9 miles—we have the same situations here). I totally sympathize with you on the driving crap!

• Franco

November 21, 2008 | Reply

aww look at you! you’re a doll.
    ***
    an hour! 9 miles?!
    holy #$@!

• Maki

November 21, 2008 | Reply

I somehow love the last photo of you~. The look on your face is so charming:)

I love ” 7″ – I can’t own enough of them and loving the color of the shirt!!

• Chessa

November 21, 2008 | Reply

I don’t know how you Angelenos do it with the driving and the traffic. I went to visit my cousin in Laguna in April and we went up to LA for the day and I thought she was going to pop a blood vessel from the traffic on the freeway. yowsa.

I love this outfit. I find myself loving all of your outfits! It’s so wonderful that you have these clothes from your grandmother. When I was last in Argentina she gave me her engagement ring. It’s so beautiful and old.

Oh happy Thursday is right! And, wasn’t the office fantastic? so freaking funny (and so BAD – am I the only one who gets goosebumps from Michael’s ridiculousness?!) I heart Steve Carrell.

• Miss Karen

November 21, 2008 | Reply

What an awesome outfit! I love the vintage camisole peeking out underneath. You look just gorgeous!

• diamondsinchampagne

November 21, 2008 | Reply

That blouse is sooo cute, the pink is the perfect shade.
    God you have perfect hair, you look gorgeous as always

• dayna

November 21, 2008 | Reply

I love the blazer! (and jeans) I wish I had a pair of jeans like that… that would look good on me.

xo
    dayna

• hautepocket

November 21, 2008 | Reply

LOVE the outfit, especially the jacket. Aren’t vintage pieces great? One of my favorite is an intricate pearl necklace my grandma made about 25 years ago.

• dayna

November 21, 2008 | Reply

oh! and by the way… I’m new to blogspot so when I came across your blog just now, I noticed your pug banner. I have a pug. I love love love pugs. It made my night/morning (especially since it’s been terribly shitty & it’s 3am).

xo
    dayna

• karina

November 21, 2008 | Reply

So stylish and beautiful!!!!
    I love that jeans!

• Songy

November 21, 2008 | Reply

Lucky for you to have such a stylish Nana, Maegan.

I hear you on morning traffic. It’s pretty bad in Perth too but I guess LA will be worse with much bigger population.

• ~Trish~

November 21, 2008 | Reply

Still think I’d kill myself in the boots…LOL

Pssst…I have something for you on my blog! TGIF!

• Amy

November 21, 2008 | Reply

that blouse is great. i wish my grandmother had held onto her old clothes, but sadly the most ‘vintage’ thing she has is a mickey mouse sweatshirt from the 80s–not quite the same thing!

• Bar-b

November 21, 2008 | Reply

Need the jeans. I thought I was teh only person who took stuff from her Grandmother’s closet! Cool. I agree, the colors, and patterns are totally cool…..now.

Off topic….Bronx Mowgli? really? You being in LA and all, wtf is up with that?

• The Rest is Still Unwritten

November 21, 2008 | Reply

I have a surprise for you, check out my blog!

• we wear things

November 21, 2008 | Reply

oh this look is impeccably put together.. and you are so stunning!!

-issa

• La Belette Rouge

November 21, 2008 | Reply

Love the fem/menswear combination. Oh, dear Maegan, I really feel for you on the commute. I did 30 miles in 3 hours on the 405 the other day.

• Susie

November 21, 2008 | Reply

Wow your grandma clearly has style because the vintage camisole is fierce!

I love your entire outfit and want to wear the exact same look and top it off my gorgeous diamond necklace that my fiance bought from http://www.idonowidont.com and stun my girlfriends with the new look.

You look amazing and I adore your earrings too!

• Summer Saldana

November 21, 2008 | Reply

Cute cute! Every time I see your outfit posts I have this insane urge to go shopping!!! ;-)

Thanks for the novel comment on my blog! I love the thought of talking more about health with my kids than body image. It’s a perfect shift of thought, and you are totally right.

I think California just brought out in me what was already there. In Washington, there aren’t gyms on every corner or bikini clad girls walking down the boardwalk. In fact, in Wa, there isn’t even a boardwalk! ;-)

Anyway, ending my novel now.

Hugs…Summer

• Sina

November 21, 2008 | Reply

What a pretty and sweet Outfit!You look great in it!
    Do you want to exchange links?

• Heidi

November 21, 2008 | Reply

I like that blouse…with that bow…perfection!

I pvred the Office. I’ll be catching up tonight.

• i'm Carrie, lovely to meet you…

November 21, 2008 | Reply

great outfit! love the office, watched last night and totally cracked up, such a great episode!

• dolcechic

November 21, 2008 | Reply

Love your outfit as usual! I wish my grandma had cute tops like that!!!

• Nicole Marie

you’re hair is gorgeous!
    and i dont think i could ever live in LA for that reason. the traffic is bad here in sf but i dont need a car cause i can take muni almost everywhere. I would have serious anxiety!

• Steph

November 22, 2008 | Reply

ohhh this outfit is so great! One of my favorites!!

• Dollface

November 22, 2008 | Reply

I really covet that pink shirt!

• Kelli

November 26, 2008 | Reply

Hi, Just found your blog from a SITsta. I love this outfit and you are so lucky to have so many amazing vintage pieces from your Nana. You are a gorgeous lady with great style!

• Mari

November 29, 2008 | Reply

I love your blog… So I added you to my blogroll.

• Glassford Hill Girl