Plane Crashes Into Hudson River, NYC

I’m eating lunch watching the SPECIAL REPORT live coverage {on abc} of the US Airways plane that landed on the Hudson River as if it were a runway. And while it is horrendous and absolutely confirms my vow to never step foot on an airplane again, I cannot help but wonder if it is all just a big publicity stunt by ABC for the new season of LOST that is starting next week.

If only that were the case.

My heart goes out to all the survivors. While they did survive unharmed physically by the crash, the trauma of that experience is irreversible.

• pret-a-party

January 15, 2009 | Reply

this is why i need a xanex before stepping foot inside LAX.

• AsianCajuns

January 15, 2009 | Reply

Oh wait! They all lived, so it’s okay! Not convinced? Urrr… me either, but I’m glad everyone made it out safely!

• KatieSaysSo

January 15, 2009 | Reply

I have serious issues with airplanes. Thank God for prescription drugs…

• Newlywed Next Door

January 15, 2009 | Reply

Scary! I fly in and out of LAX every week and there have been a few occasional bumpy flight where I’ve had to say some prayers… but I generally feel really safe. ALSO… I love LOST! Co-workers and I are having a premire party next week! Can’t wait.

• Dorkys Ramos

January 15, 2009 | Reply

Yeah, it is crazy. Thank God no one was injured in it. I can still hear the sirens in the distance. And I will NOT be looking at that little sneak peek of Lost. I have season 4 to watch first!

• Bon Don

January 15, 2009 | Reply

I was watching the same “Breaking News” when my friend said the worst thing to me. She said “I hope there wasn’t any animals on board!” I can’t get that out of my head now, I never stop to think about that… :( I hope there wasn’t.

• Miss Anne

Scary!!! what happened????

*goin’ to CNN now!*

• ...love Maegan

January 15, 2009 | Reply

omg BOn Don!!! Now I can’t stop thinking about that. I hope not.

• ~alison

January 15, 2009 | Reply

Ummm…the flight went down because the pilot hit a flock of birds!!! Seriously…I am NOT KIDDING!

• Nicole Marie

January 15, 2009 | Reply

ummm im about to board a plane in 2 hours. probably shouldn’t have read about that right now. yikes

• Brandy

January 15, 2009 | Reply

The really freaky thing is yesterday I put my MIL (whom I really do love and adore) on a US Airways Jet and sent her NC to catch her connecting flight to Florida. Her poor little heart couldnt have taken a crash even if they were all ok in the end.

• Felicia

January 15, 2009 | Reply

Flying is still the safest way to travel, although I hate flying!!!

• Tristan | the almost right word

January 16, 2009 | Reply

I found your blog through a comment you left at Mr.5280′s. I happen to have grown up in the Valley and decided, once I saw that in your bio, I had to read a post or two. ;)

I look forward to reading more. You’ve got great style!

• Tristan | the almost right word

January 16, 2009 | Reply

I look forward to reading more. You’ve got great style!

• Maki

January 16, 2009 | Reply

OMG – I just turned on CNN after reading your post.

Crazy!!!

• daniella

January 16, 2009 | Reply

No kiddin’! Just yesturday I was on a plane from D.C. to Sacramento…with a TODDLER!

Glad they’re ok, but I’m starting to have fear of planes now, and this time not because I’m traveling alone in the winter with a 17 month old.

Love your blog, by the way. Thanks for stopping by our at Glam Gals! We draw lots of our inspiration from the very best, you know :-)

• Leigh

January 16, 2009 | Reply

I am so thankful that everyone is ok. But you are so right, the memories of how scary that was will be with them forever.

• Rachel

January 16, 2009 | Reply

What an amazing pilot to have handled it the way he did and the rescue crews…awesome job!

• Sonja

January 16, 2009 | Reply

Well, I hope those people don’t have to deal with polar bears and smoke monsters. But I can’t wait to see what new madness our Lost friends are going to be dealing with.

• Laurel

January 17, 2009 | Reply

i can NOT WAIT! i do feel like I need to rewatch the last few seasons!!!