Rediscovered : Tori Amos

Tori Amos’ “Little Earthquakes” played a pivotal role in helping me manage my teenage angst throughout the 90′s.

… and today it is JUST as good.

• Maggie May

March 2, 2009 | Reply

yes, me too. her tapes (yup tapes) were crucial to my existence at 17.

• Yaya

March 2, 2009 | Reply

I love how music can bring us back to a certain time in life.

• Wep

March 2, 2009 | Reply

Totally agree. The entire album is awesome.

• KatieSaysSo

March 2, 2009 | Reply

ohhhh i love tori amos!!!

and omg…i had to laugh just a tiny bit when dave talked about the “new popular cd format” kinda funny…oh times change! =)

• Paul Pincus

March 2, 2009 | Reply

wow, i remember this! amazing! you’ve made me a little nostalgic for the 90s…

love your tattoo post, btw.

• Tim

March 2, 2009 | Reply

Im just loving the way you changed your followers to the top. ;)

Im not into dress up much, seeing as Im a dude. But I have to say the last one with the lamb skirt was bangin!

Have a great week!

Love and Prayers from The Fort,

Tim

• Jeanne

March 2, 2009 | Reply

My friend Alicia (Yaya above) sent me your link because she knows I’m a Tori Amos fanatic.

I have all of the “major” Tori CDs… meaning I don’t have all of the singles, imports, and dance mixes but I do have every CD she has ever released. I even have the “Live at Montreux 1991 & 1992″ CD & DVD (which I highly recommend… psst… I bought them on Amazon through my blog). :) [Sorry about that]. If you liked this, you’ll love Montreux.

The only Tori treasure I haven’t gotten yet (some day the funds will be there) is her Box Set.

I met her in 2007 backstage at the American Doll Posse tour and had third row seats. If you search “Tori Amos” on my blog, you’ll find a post or two with a picture of me standing next to Tori right before getting her autograph.

If you look at the Facebook widget on my blog, you can see a scanned image of the picture Tori autographed to my daughter – who plays piano, organ, and electronic keyboard at 8 years old.

Tori’s music is healing for me!

In her autobiography, “Tori Amos: Piece by Piece” it says that Tori has endometriosis. So my excuse for posting the occasional Tori post on my health blog is that she has endometriosis like I do. What the heck, it’s my blog, right? :)

March is Endometriosis Awareness Month, by the way! :)

This is a great, classic clip! Excellent find! Every time I’ve seen her on Letterman, he seems to sincerely be a fan of hers.

I have some good Tori clips on my blog. I especially love the live “Almost Rosey” version with just Tori and the piano. It’s like a little slice of heaven.

Rolling Stone magazine once voted her “#5 Live Performer of All Time”. Having seen her live 4 times and having seen many artists, she’s a very easy #1 to me. :)

This woman is a genius. Musical and otherwise!

Oh! Her 10th major album will be released in the spring! I heard about it on Facebook. It’s called something along the lines of “Abnormally Attracted to Sin”. She is so amazing!

Jeanne

• Girl Japan

March 2, 2009 | Reply

Me too Maegan, I am a fan of Tori, she’s got vocals and doesn’t even have to try hard at it.

I have some of her albums.

• Leslie

March 2, 2009 | Reply

I’m a big Tori fan, even though I haven’t really gotten into her more recent albums.

Little Earthquakes will always be awesome to me.

• Maki

March 2, 2009 | Reply

Gosh, she is such an amazing artist. Actually, I used to dance through her songs remixed by dj’s at clubs and bars in my 20′s. I miss those nights. :)

March 2, 2009 | Reply

her song “cornflake girl” is just fanfuckingtastic.

• Dooder City

March 2, 2009 | Reply

….I was in junior high and the stars were lined up for Tori. I got to see her when I was younger and she was amazing.

• Underfunded Heiress

March 2, 2009 | Reply

Oh, I used to love Tori Amos and would play Cornflake girl over and over and over….I still like her.

I gave you a Chic blog award. It will be on tomorrow’s post on my blog.

Your blog is the best!!!

• Franco

omg! david had hair!!!!!
    i’m total perv but i like how’s she’s moving in the paino :d

• Belle

She is fabulous ♥

• Leesa

March 2, 2009 | Reply

Love a peak into the past – CDs being the new popular format. Got to love it.

• Bethie

March 2, 2009 | Reply

I HEAR YA! Tori is my GIRL even though I have lost track (ahem, or curbed my obsession) since Choirgirl Hotel. God she’s brilliant, and she will help a girl survive anything.

• Lump

March 2, 2009 | Reply

OMG she is BRILLIANT. LOVE HER. I’ve seen her six times in concert and think I have paid way too much for her foreign released EPs. ha! I still listen to her. :)

• Hanako66

love her

• Robin

March 2, 2009 | Reply

Tori’s song, “sleeps with butterflies”………heavenly!

• Blogalicious Designs

March 2, 2009 | Reply

niiice…thanks for takin us back!!

• Gypsy Lynne

March 2, 2009 | Reply

i couldn’t agree more!! that cd always reminds me of high school. around that time i was lucky enough to see her perform in a beautiful theater and it was amazing!!

• Staci

March 2, 2009 | Reply

whoops i was signed in as blogalicious….i always do that!

• coco+kelley

March 2, 2009 | Reply

oh, i loved her in high school… or was it jr. high? i’ve lost track. but either way – she’s just amazing. i might have to go download some tori now!!

• [J]

March 2, 2009 | Reply

I think it’s funny to see how young Letterman was! Did you hear him say her album was coming out in the very popular CD format? Wow!

• Morgan

March 3, 2009 | Reply

Oh, I’m so with you on this. The early stuff gets me every time.

• miss cavendish

March 6, 2009 | Reply

I remember hearing that album and thinking it was Kate Bush. Loved Tori’s early work . . .