Freaking Fabulous FridayCompletely Gratuitous Circa 2003

I stayed home sick today. I don’t know what is wrong with me but I woke up and I was not well. It could have something to do with the fact that since Wednesday’s South Park episode, queef and fart jokes have been flying around our house left and right. Or the fact that The Office and 30 Rock were replaced with three days worth of ER episodes {lame}. Or maybe it was the fudgesicle I ate at 11pm …I dunno, but here I sit. I am, however, working on something awesome that shall be revealed soon …hopefully by Monday, if I finish. And maybe it’s not THAT awesome, I’m just excited about it because it will make my life a wee bit easier.

Sadly, I have no outfit post for today so I thought I’d make up for it with some old and less-than awesome {outfit/hair/style} photos of me circa 2003 – 2004 for your viewing pleasure.

Please feel free to laugh …as hard as I am

*note the White Trash Charms throughout …I was clearly in love with them.

oh also, that is a fake ponytail :)

Patricia Field Lichtenstein Skirt

{…I quit smoking when I turned 30 …just fyi}

scary hair extensions

same outfit though I lost the extensions

June 2004 when LeRoy was just a puppy …and yes, that’s a VonBitch tank.

wrist band …check!

It’s hilarious to look back at this time in my life. Although it was fun, it’s just absolute ridiculosity!

I will admit that I do still, in fact, have most of these clothes {blazer in pic4 is still one of my faves} but I incorporate them much differently today than I did five-six years ago. I was 27 then …and it’s amazing to me not only how time just zooms by but how that time seemed like a completely different life all together.

It’s safe to say that while I was having “the time of my life” then …I am so much happier now. I met my husband that year …and honestly, I think he preferred that style … lol.

• ♥Aubrey

April 3, 2009 | Reply

How silly :) It’s funny to think that’s how old i am now and i must be stuffy or something, because i don’t have that much fun with my clothes. Look how little your doggie was. ~Awwww~ Hope you feel better soon girlie!!!

• scarlethue

April 3, 2009 | Reply

Love the Lichtenstien skirt!

I love looking back at old photos… saw one framed at my grandmom’s over Christmas where my hair was chin length and black, and my jeans were so low you could see my hip bones… what a phase that was. When I met my husband I was going through a tiny-tshirt with no bra phase, ala Chasing Amy, which he loved. I’m so self-conscious without a bra now, even though with my barely-Bs there’s not much reason to be.

Wasn’t South Park terrible? In a good way. And I’m so glad ER is over! They better have the Office and 30 Rock back next week!

• Just A Mom (Call me JAM for short)

April 3, 2009 | Reply

Loving the blast from the past!

Feel better…

• ...love Maegan

April 3, 2009 | Reply

SCARLETHUE: Yes, yes and YES!!!

• Mrs. D

April 3, 2009 | Reply

I was pissed about 30 Rock and The Office, too. Thank God ER is gone!

I have to say, I prefer your current look. The long hair is great on you.

• brooke

April 3, 2009 | Reply

ummm…i am sorry but some of these did did make me giggle…too fun and cute! i have been photo reminiscing myself…
    and it’s always good to see someone have as much fun with their hair as i do though…for me the bigger the better! that’s my motto…

• Savvy Mode SG

April 3, 2009 | Reply

i love the long earrings… adore them.

• freeTEYme

April 3, 2009 | Reply

i love this post – so fun! I have tried the pink highlight (washable) too at one pointin my life. I have dark hair so imagine lol. I do agree with Mrs. D the long hair looks better on you.

have a great weekend!

• ASSHOLE BOYFRIEND

April 3, 2009 | Reply

I’m diggin the first pic. Dale Bozzio of the band “Missing Persons” has nothing on you in pic 5, 6, 7, 8, and pic 10 looks like your young enough to have a fake I.D.

• Kellie

April 3, 2009 | Reply

Those clothes are awesome! My pics from 5 years ago are so much lamer than yours. I like yours much better! :)

• GiGi

April 3, 2009 | Reply

You made my Friday brighter becuz I smiled at your pics. It made me think of the birds nest, or bangs, I used have. The teasing, time & aquanet haispray I put into them. Heehee.

• Megan

April 3, 2009 | Reply

Hah! You would be beautiful no matter what you are wearing, but some of these pics made me laugh! It is so funny to look back at pictures and the outfits that we loved at that time! This is a good post inspiration!

• tanya

April 3, 2009 | Reply

wow! I’m scared to even look back at my own photos–I love these though :-)

• Bruce

April 3, 2009 | Reply

You really had a thing for PINK back then didn’t you?

• Jasmine

April 3, 2009 | Reply

hahhaha! those are amazing! aren’t you glad you have them still??

• HoneyBunny

Wow ! brave looks!
    As for me I don;t think I would show any of the pics of me from like 6 years ago or so:PP That would be too embarrassing:P ;)

April 3, 2009 | Reply

ah ahahahH AHAHHAHAH!!! love flashback photos! THAT MAKEUP!! so fun. so funny. and you look SASSY with short hair. :)

• Hanako66

lol…you look like Jem!

It is so funny looking back at old pics. I love your hair in that last pic with those tight curls:) Have a great weekend!

• Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes

April 3, 2009 | Reply

Maegan…so many hilarious hair styles and since I don’t live in a glass house I rotfl.

• stacy

April 3, 2009 | Reply

oh yeah! love them all – and the fact that you can laugh at yourself… i personally think i’m hilarious.

• Fashion Garden

April 3, 2009 | Reply

thank you thank you for your sweet comment ! :)
    alice
    xoxo

• Franco

WOW, Freaking amazing!!!!!!!!!

• Big Red

I love it everyday!!!

• Amy Wheaton

April 4, 2009 | Reply

oh wow…your style has changed so much but you always look great! :) fuck, i thought ER had ended like four years ago and yesterday everyone’s tweets were like “OMG FINAL ER PASS ME THE KLEENEX”!! clearly i’m out of the tv loop…but i’m dealing with it. one less medical show = epic improvement!

• ...love Maegan

April 4, 2009 | Reply

Amy Wheaton: totally …Scrubs and Nip/Tuck are as far as I go …okay, If Doogie Howser came back on, I’d totally watch.

• KatieSaysSo

April 4, 2009 | Reply

oh my god! i love your hair short like that!!!! sooooo cute on you.

• Char

April 4, 2009 | Reply

soooooooooooo rockin’ it. man, I shudder to think back on some of the stuff I wore.

• Cathy Voyage

You are so brave! :-)

• Hilary Baumann

April 4, 2009 | Reply

Your hair looks kinda like Debbie Harry in the photo of you with the black skirt (black everything but that was the quick thing that wasn’t in any of the other photos.)

• LENORENEVERMORE

April 4, 2009 | Reply

…luv you for not afraid of changes…& make me roar too!!!

• Tanya

April 4, 2009 | Reply

Ha ha, these are fun. Even if it looks a bit crazy now, you still had style. I kind of like that shorter length on you too.

• DaisyChain

April 4, 2009 | Reply

Somehow, you still manage to look incredible through these pictures!

• Ali C.

Que hermosa :)
    Besitos!

• Meghan

April 4, 2009 | Reply

I love these photos, you look great with any hairstyle! Although I do prefer your style now.

• michelle

April 4, 2009 | Reply

Lol so wild, but I love it! Good for you for always having a personal style all your own, no matter how crazy :o)

• Maggie May

April 4, 2009 | Reply

I love love these photos Meagan!! How totally awesome that you have these priceless images. You rock!

• chloe

April 4, 2009 | Reply

haha, how funny! makes me think back to what i was doing/wearing five-six years ago!
    possible future post for sure :p

• jennine

April 4, 2009 | Reply

you look awesome with a fauxhawk!

• PinQue

April 4, 2009 | Reply

How fun, I love looking at old pics and seeing how much I have changed :) Love the pink hair!!

• Nanny Pants is on the loose

April 5, 2009 | Reply

oh-em-gee! that top pic is so funny. did you go out like that? i know you did. we wore some ca-razy retarded stuff. you know what? we had a great fuckin time. we really did it up. i’m so glad we got to do that together. i remember that time and thinking to myself, this is as good as it gets…wreaking havoc with my best friend, free and wild. it goesn’t get any better than this and this has got to come crashing down because it’s better to burn out than fade away. it’s crazy how the darkest hour of the night (billy’s death, my “relationship” with fat Tony) came just before the dawn(you with pep and me having Avery). we should get together and write about our memories, i know i tried a few times but we need to hash it out together to fill in the gaps. we can laugh about it when we are old grandma’s. i will love you forever,even after we die and become stars in the sky.

• Milly

April 5, 2009 | Reply

funny and cute….makes me want to go and look at my old pics….uuhmmm maybe not LOL…we all go through weird stages glad we come out of it though….others dont yikes :)

• Erin

April 6, 2009 | Reply

Ha ha ha! Thoes were some pretty fierce outfits!

• Bon Don

April 6, 2009 | Reply

Ugh you are such a Freaking Rockstar!!! I LOVE IT!!!

• anhesty

April 7, 2009 | Reply

i believe i went through the same stages as you did with your hairstyles!

• Miss Eve

April 7, 2009 | Reply

I think this is a fabulous post :-) Reminds me of my “youngself”…I think I could beat you with my photos…Thanks for share…love: Evi

• Louis

April 8, 2009 | Reply

wow… I could swim in your eyes. Sorry if that’s an inappropriate comment, but it needed to be said.