Laundry . Room .

Note: This is our old laundry room. Please click here to see our new one

Sometime next year when we buy our dream house, I’ll have a spectacular and fantastically organized and functional laundry room …but for now, my laundry room looks like this . . .

laundry-room

…and by “laundry room” I mean top of second staircase landing/hallway/walkway leading to outdoor patio …the patio that has been a ghost town since I quit smoking 3 years ago but has proven to be a great space to work and photograph my DIY’s as well as random outfit posts when not at the art gallery.

laundry-room-landing

LeRoy is my little shadow …he is everywhere I am. When I finally sit down, he sits on me. I know it sounds ridiculous but if I were an action figure, he would come as an accessory {…as would a pint of chocolate haagen dazs & a computer}. Bebop the Pug would come with the husband :) {…as would a Lakers jersey & an Xbox} L.O.L!

…sneak peek

vintage-blazers-jackets

vintage-80s-Ungaro-blazers-teal-aqua-seafoam-stripes

….a little sneak peek at the fabulous vintage blazers I scored last weekend. The three in the middle are my favorite. The yellow one with the spectacular beading {which I think is 60′s} actually came with a matching yellow a-line skirt …which I will wear separately, of course. The aqua and black with white stripes are both 80′s Ungaro …so in love. They are all in mint condition and I cannot wait to wear them. I also found two little leather jackets. One 80′s Wilson’s which I’ll wear asap …and a Von Dutch with bell sleeves and rivets and gems that isn’t exactly in style right now but I couldn’t pass it up.

• Kellie

July 1, 2009 | Reply

LeRoy is so stinking cute. Kobe would be my accessory too. Along w/ my iPhone and some Mt. Dew (or a beer…) :)

• Suzanne

July 1, 2009 | Reply

meagan! i couldn’t open your blog anymore :( don’t know what it is. it’s the first time it succeeds again. very fed up about it, ’cause love your site very much!
    do you’ve any idea why it is?
    xx

• TeeTee

July 1, 2009 | Reply

awesome.. i love it.. and i love the blazers!

• Saskia

July 1, 2009 | Reply

It’s fabulous you have a seperate laundry space at all in LA!! Our laundry room is our kitchen… nice. !!

My accessories would be Meisha of course, a margarita and my camera.

Have a wonderful evening & thank you for the birthday wishes!

Saskia xx

• Elizabeth Marie

July 1, 2009 | Reply

LeRoy is SO CUTE. Bella would be my accessory along with a diet coke and my laptop.

80′s Ungaro! I can’t wait to see how you wear these!

• K.Line

July 1, 2009 | Reply

I cannot wait to see these face on! The one to the far left of the photo looks awesome too. The bell sleeves – so me!

• Gabby

July 1, 2009 | Reply

Our laundry ‘room’ is just a closet…so I hear ya! I love your little sidekick!

• TERI REES WANG

LeRoy’s a keeper!

My husband is Chinese laundry boy, who will not allow anyone (that means me) to touch his tees. 75% dry at most from the low heat cycle and hang the rest; that’s the rules.

I have seen some really creative laundry rooms lately. Some with big bold color, like a jewel of a room, some with tea/sewing tables and a tiny flat screen T.V. …that’s the one for me.

I’m a:
    take-it-off-and-wash-it-in-the-sink-right-now-kinda-girl..!:P

• shortmama

July 1, 2009 | Reply

LeRoy is just the cutest dog ever! I think that black with white stripes blazer is my fave! I have been trying to talk my 7yo into doing a love Maegan tribute and model her clothes for me but it hasnt worked so far LOL. Maybe my 18 month old will slow down long enough to do it…

• *Diane*

July 1, 2009 | Reply

i can’t wait to see what you come up with!

• Lily G.

July 1, 2009 | Reply

I would just love to have a laundry room like that! It’s so organized and chic. Let us know what you do!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

• Violet

July 1, 2009 | Reply

i love the pink one and the blue one so far..can i see the rest of it plllleeeeaaassseeee?!?!

XX
    Vi from Cali

• inkOBSESSIONdesigns

July 1, 2009 | Reply

Redoing the laundry room is next on my “to do” list. I so want one like the first pic you posted!

• Tara Gibson

July 1, 2009 | Reply

seriously.. your blazer collection is just unreal! LOVEEEEEEEEE that new light blue one.

• Adele

July 1, 2009 | Reply

I just hyperventilated after seeing your amazing vintage blazer collection. The detailing!!! Insane (: I wish there were decent vintage stores where I am! and I’m sure your future laundry room is going to look amazing (: xx

• smartscruffyfashion

July 1, 2009 | Reply

Aha love your dog and French Bulldogs in general! My mum has two pugs, I have two Staffordshire Bull Terriers which are also my shadow!

Those blazers will make your wardrobe look a bit amazing yikes! I have a spare room for laundry but the washing machine is in my kitchen :D

Lauren x
    smartscruffy

• prettylittletangents

July 1, 2009 | Reply

I want to squeeze LeRoy he’s so damn cute! And I want to covet that yellow bejeweled blazer – awesome finds!

• Kristin

July 1, 2009 | Reply

Thanks for posting that pic. I now have a ridiculous case of laundry room envy, especially since mine is the garage! Those blazers look amazing! Love the detail on the yellow sleeve!

• bananas.

k 3 things:

1. i would die for a laundry room like that! mine is in the dingy garage. blah.

2. i love the new blazers…the colors are fab! can’t wait to see how you work ‘em.

3. leroy and my poopies should become BFFs! he’s so darn cute!!!

• Suzanne

July 1, 2009 | Reply

i’ve very few knowledge about computerstuff, but I did so download, and I can open it now, so hopefully this firefox will be better :) . what a great last vintage blazer with the bow btw!
    xx

• Victoria

July 1, 2009 | Reply

I’m excited about seeing your blazers!!

And at least you have a laundry room! Ours is a clothes-stand in the living room!

xx

July 1, 2009 | Reply

well i LOVE that first laundry room, but yours is perfectly functional! anything ANYTHING is better than going to the damn laundromat.

and love the look of yer new duds!

oh. and HI LE ROY!

• Jayci

July 1, 2009 | Reply

I love how you have your own style and do your own thing. You’re inspiring!

• Jayci

July 1, 2009 | Reply

Thank you Thank you for visiting my blog! It made my day and made me feel so special!

• ~alison

July 1, 2009 | Reply

LeRoy is the accessory! ahahahaha, he totally is! I love it. I love that laundry room.

• Don Bellacci

I like this blog :)

(my new blog photo)

Cheers

• Savvy Mode SG

July 1, 2009 | Reply

your dream laundry room is to die for.

• ♥Aubrey

July 1, 2009 | Reply

Oh to dream of a larger laundry room…this i do. Isn’t that sad how i think of the things that make us work. Woooowwwww…that BLUE blazer in your closet is amazing girlie!

• Iva

July 1, 2009 | Reply

seriously beautiful ‘next year’ laundry room BUT your current one is great too! HAHAHAHA those white shirt hang drying…yup….our place looks EXACTLY like that too lol LeRoy is totally cool.

The detailing on these blazers is amazing. each one is totally special….again…totally patiently waiting to see you wear and DIY them!

• La Belette Rouge

July 1, 2009 | Reply

Come on over to my blog! I wrote about lovely you and your hair today.

• brandi milne

July 1, 2009 | Reply

Hello lover. Thanks for visiting, and for the kind words! I was very fortunate to be in the same issue Mark Ryden was!!

And I love the laundry room extravaganza…I won’t even MENTION mine, as it is a dump.

Cheers to you!

• Bruce

July 2, 2009 | Reply

Obviously, the dog likes it……

• Bayjb

July 2, 2009 | Reply

At least you have a laundry room! I have coin laundry in my building and it’s awful!

• R.C.

July 2, 2009 | Reply

ohhhh… love your vintage finds… all the thrift shops in montreal suck balls (excuse the language). I like the look of that badass leather with the eyelets peeking out… can’t wait to see ur outfit post ;)

• Penny

July 2, 2009 | Reply

I am seriously jealous of YOUR laundry room!My washing machine has to be kept in our bedroom,and pushed into our tiny bathroom whenever I do the washing.Then it has to be pushed back to the bedroom when I’m done.I used to like doing laundry.

Obviously not anymore.

• Erin

July 2, 2009 | Reply

I love Leroy!!! He is so cute! What hair do would the action figure have?

• jen laceda

July 2, 2009 | Reply

Oh, I absolutely love that DDR industrial dance floor. Awesome!!!

• K @ Blog Goggles

July 2, 2009 | Reply

Can’t wait to see the blazers.

And LeRoy is freaking adorable. Ever think of doing DIY dog outfits? Maybe when you run out of human ideas :)

• stacy di

July 2, 2009 | Reply

If I were an action figure…I’d have my jack russell terrier…and my ipod…oh, and maybe an oatmeal cookie :)

cute dog…great laundry room…and can’t wait to see the blazers…

• Lizzy

July 2, 2009 | Reply

OMG I think I have that very same Von Dutch jacket!!! Does it have a red “Von Dutch” patch on the front?
    I was contemplating getting rid of it a few weeks ago, but decided to hang on to it because the sleeves are just too cool. I removed the patch from the front, but still have no clue as to what I should pair it with. I will anxiously await your brilliant styling suggestions :) .

• ZombieLace

July 2, 2009 | Reply

Aww your dog sounds just like my cat. Doesn’t it make you feel so special and important? Also sweet blazers! Can’t wait to see what you do with them!

• Legallyblondemel

July 2, 2009 | Reply

Oh, that Frenchie! LeRoy is too precious. I have a Pug “accessory” myself & just adore these little guys.

Love, love, love those blazers you found, particularly that yellow one. That beading is just delicious.

• Grace

July 2, 2009 | Reply

Love LeRoy. And its pretty fantastic that you guys have the professional dance dance pads.

Love Grace.

• Chessa!

July 2, 2009 | Reply

my “laundry room” is in the dungeon basement of my building and I can never bring myself to go down there and wash the clothes so I send it out and wash a lot by hand. madness I know but I hate it so much. for our next place my number one requirement is that it have a washer dryer or at least one on our floor…I don’t ask for much:)

LOVE the latest purchases!
    xx

• Hanako66

July 2, 2009 | Reply

I can’t wait to see all of your blazers!

Bailey would totally come with me and Jager would go with Hub…along with a beer lol.

• Ela

July 3, 2009 | Reply

I instantly recognized Sarah Richardson’s laundry room – she’s so fun & probably accounts for why some people know where Canada actually is, LOL. I love your vintage finds – amazing! The bow on your mint one is super cute!

• Jennifer Ramos

July 6, 2009 | Reply

Haha LeRoy is sooo cute. If I got another dog, it would be the same…

Jen Ramos
    ‘Cards & Prints You’ll Love…’

madebygirl.blogspot.com

• Almamira

December 17, 2011 | Reply

I own a lamp just like the one in the first photo!!!

• Completely Gratuitous Outfit Post | Love Maegan

October 9, 2013 | Reply

[…] mint blazer. I have no words for how much I love this little blazer which I have been DYING TO WEAR since I got it at the end of June. I mean, look at the amazing detailing in the back and sleeves!? …and let me tell you that I […]