Valley of the Dolls ~ Jumpsuit Love

valley-ofthe-dolls-jumpsuit-7

valley-ofthe-dolls-jumpsuit-6

valley-ofthe-dolls-jumpsuit-3

valley-ofthe-dolls-jumpsuit-5

As I was trying unsuccessfully to fall asleep last night watching Valley of the Dolls for the 200th time, I spied this amazing jumpsuit that has unbelievably never caught my attention prior. Isn’t it funny what’s on our radar at any given point? Maybe not.

Needless to say, my jaw dropped and I had to hit pause and grab my camera to document it. {my new camera has a TV setting ..radical}

This movie was released in 1967 …which actually means that they probably filmed it in or around 1965 BUT what I find THRILLING {lol} is that this jumpsuit has a very 90′s feel to it. In fact, I had a similar dress.

Here’s my question: who can I commission to make this jumpsuit for me? In this exact fabric {okay, something VERY close}. Bidding war anyone? ;)

Tweet This!

• daer0n

July 14, 2009 | Reply

That is a very nice jumpsuit, i think it would look great on you.

I’d totally be up to the task of making it for you, but, it would be hard because i would have to find a flowy fabric that is similar to that one and then fit it to your size.

Honestly i think it would look much nicer on your because she the one she’s wearing looks kinda odd/bit small on her because it went up her butt a bit lol.

Btw, the retro furniture reminds me of a chair that we own haha.

• Gabby

July 14, 2009 | Reply

Well, I can’t help you with your question (sorry!) but I JUST finished reading the book and am planning on renting the movie this week! Love that you featured it!

• TeeTee

ooh… i love it!

• ...love Maegan

July 14, 2009 | Reply

daer0n: yes, I totally agree …wide legs=alot of fabric. Also, it does go up the butt a bit …it def should have a lower crotch …and maybe a I could wear it with my little gold stretchy belt …or a matching tie would be nice as well. ooh, I just love it!

• Courtney at Blogging Matilda

July 14, 2009 | Reply

etsy, etsy, etsy!!! Those crafty mo fo’s can make anything :)

• Lily G.

July 14, 2009 | Reply

This is fabulous, and I can totally see you wearing this.

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

• Leigh

July 14, 2009 | Reply

I am also raising hands to wanting one. Great find!

• Carlotta

July 14, 2009 | Reply

love that movie & absolutelu looove the jumpsuit very 70′s very hot!!

• The Traveling Circus

July 14, 2009 | Reply

I’m sorry, but I must say I hate jump suits. I don’t think they should come back in fashion.
    I’m sorry, I know from your blog you like them, but I must, yuck!
    sorry :P

• The Traveling Circus

July 14, 2009 | Reply

I hope my comment doesn’t feel mean…I didn’t mean to sound mean

• Joy

July 14, 2009 | Reply

It is very feminine and elegant.

• Christina Lee

July 14, 2009 | Reply

gosh havent seen that in YEARS!!!

• Lily

July 14, 2009 | Reply

Wow gorgeous jumpsuit..i also love these pictures..i’m yet to see Valley Of The Dolls!xx

• graceful nichole

July 14, 2009 | Reply

It looks super comfy, and granted you look cute in anything – but I would definitely belt it.

• Ela

July 14, 2009 | Reply

Ooh I love it! Some of the ones I’ve tried ride up so high…I’m just under 5’4 so I don’t know what hobbit torso they’re designed for. TV setting? How cool is that!
    I’m sure you’ll find a seamstress by the end of the day :)

• anhesty

July 14, 2009 | Reply

i have been looking for the perfect romper… this jumpsuit will look fab on you but i can’t wear them since i am 4’11. and i am sure you will find someone to make it for you before this day ends!

• Fashion&Such

July 14, 2009 | Reply

This is awesome. I’m making a jumpsuit for myself right now. but a more modern one, since I sooo cannot pull this off. I made a dress for my mum in a fabric with the same print, but the fabric was more satin-like rather than flowy.

• bananas.

July 14, 2009 | Reply

i could totally see that on you. i love it! and i love that book, sooooo good.

• Berry

July 14, 2009 | Reply

That is fantastic! Never seen that movie…I might just have to watch it now! =)

• Cathy Voyage

July 14, 2009 | Reply

You’re right – it is so cool!

• Fashion Moment

July 14, 2009 | Reply

For some reason, I can’t opening your page a few days! :(
    Miss your blog!

FM~FP~AF

• I Love Brownies

July 14, 2009 | Reply

OMG – I think that’s ME in those pictures. Oh wait…no, just wishful thinking!! LOVE HER BIG HAIR!! :-)

• Fabulous Finds Gal

July 14, 2009 | Reply

Very cute and comfy! I can’t sew. Sorry I can’t help in that department. Good luck!

• The Haute-Shopper

July 14, 2009 | Reply

Great jumpsuit! I love the flared leg… the outfit could be mistaken for a maxi dress which makes it slightly more timeless. I’m sure a good tailor would be able to put this together for you. I’m not sure how easy it would be to find the fabric, but I’m guessing large fabric shops would have something similar.

• Random Musings Of My Life

July 14, 2009 | Reply

Very cute.. my mom could whip this up in a minute although its been YEARS since shes sewn anything….That or she still has one in her closet.. that women NEVER gets rid of anything, I found my old terry cloth short jumper last summer… from when I was 12 (20 years is a bit much mom)

• Julia

July 14, 2009 | Reply

Valley of the Dolls was such an inspiration, fashion wize. So great!

• Lyndsy

July 14, 2009 | Reply

This post just reminded me of the next book I want to read this summer! Thanks!

• Jill

July 14, 2009 | Reply

What is a TV setting and why don’t I have one?! I don’t think I do. I must check out my camera!

• Chessa!

July 14, 2009 | Reply

omg…whoever makes it for you I want a similar one but in a pattern that has black in it of course…far be it from me to wear anything else…
    xx

• Iva

July 14, 2009 | Reply

WOOWNESS!! you will look amazing in it!..I seriously hope someone makes this for you ASAP! NOW!NOW! :)

• Hanako66

July 14, 2009 | Reply

you would look fab in that…hope you can get it!

• Paul Pincus

genius post!

it is gorgeous.

• FrancoB.

July 15, 2009 | Reply

I love how your are rocking your tatoo at work, i wish i could do that!

• stacy

July 15, 2009 | Reply

yes – you would rock that!

• ZombieLace

July 15, 2009 | Reply

okay I LOOOVVEE this!! Do you think the long legged/long sleeved jump suit will be on its way in come fall? And I think it’s amazing and useful that your camera has a tv setting.

• Cristina

July 16, 2009 | Reply

I recently found your blog and I love it. I am a big DIYer and I adore all of yours. I’ve just become a fan of doing my own hair and your tutorials have come in handy! I’d love to see a hair tutorial for what to do when you’ve just come out of the shower and don’t have time to blow dry but you need to get out right away (my mom always taught me that going out with your hair wet is tacky) Something that will look nice, polished but won’t harm the hair!