Completely Gratuitous Outfit Post

70s-shirt-dress-1

70s-shirt-dress-4

70s-shirt-dress-3

What I’m Wearing
* Vintage 70′s shirt dress {Tag says COCO} …seen here with Burberry trench …belted today with a vintage gradient scarf
* Pour la Victoire platforms …amazon.com
* Earrings: Regina Pierallini – NYLightMetals etsy shopseen here
* Gold tassel chain necklace DIY …wrapped
* Tom Ford “Yvette” sunglasses

I decided in the shower this morning that to save time I would skip shaving my legs and just wear pants to work today. But of course when the time came to get dressed I blanked on any outfits including pants and only saw dresses. And my resistance to put on a dress due to my hairy legs {which really aren’t THAT bad} made me run out the house without any of my every day jewelry on …including my wedding rings! Man I hate that! And by this time I was running so late that I couldn’t turn around and go back. And although I don’t wear them around the house, when I’m out I feel naked without my rings and constantly feel my thumbs subconsciously searching for them.

• Trina

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Love the outfit. The pumps are really cute.

I hate when I leave my everday jewelry at home! I think about it the rest of the day and also mindlessly *search* with my thumbs, panic, then remember I forgot them.

• Kristin

August 13, 2009 | Reply

1. Fabulous dress. I want to plan a trip just to visit some decent vintage stores! 2. These days you never know what someone has in their pants. Ah ha. I can’t even hazard a guess.

• Blicious

August 13, 2009 | Reply

i love your dress! and the shoes are perfect! :)

i dont believe the gaga news…

• Deborah

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Lady GaGa is a shock performer from what I’ve heard. It looked very deliberate to me. She sure knows how to make press for herself yes?

Gotta love that.

• Gabbi

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Amazing dress… I want I want… why must it be vintage therefore virtually unattainable? :)

• Brown Girl

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Dresses look great on you! You should wear more!

No clue on GaGa, didn’t even know she admitted to being a herm, learn something new everyday.

• Morgan

August 13, 2009 | Reply

This outfit is one of my favorites of yours! Nice!

• bananas.

August 13, 2009 | Reply

only you can make that dress look that sassy frassy. loves it! and regardless of the fact that gaga may or may not have a herme dick, i’m a fan. (s)he’s awesome!

• Mary

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Love this outfit! The colors are sooo 70′s! I hate when I leave without jewelry on. It always seems to be earrings I forget!

I’m having a giveaway on my blog if you or anyone else is interested… come over!

• OHN

August 13, 2009 | Reply

I can leave without my wedding ring but not earrings….wonder what freud would say about that :)

• Jilliebeanie

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Golly, I LOVE those shoes.

• Sal

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Completely enamored of those shoes, lady. Just got my first pair of Pour la Victoires and I’m hooked!

• josephine

That is a great dress!

• steph

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Great outfit! I love how effortless you look! And I have NO idea if Lady Gaga is a herm or not, I watched the video like 3x and couldn’t really tell! I have no idea, but I know she’s loving the press! ha.

• stacy

August 13, 2009 | Reply

i never wear my rings around the house either and ESPECIALLY hate when i forget to put them on now when i’m out and about.

i feel like people are looking at me like ‘oh – that poor girl, all knocked up and no husband.’

August 13, 2009 | Reply

i FARKING LOVE THAT DRESS!!! like goldfish swimming! it is beautiful, elegant and unique! LOVE IT, and love how you belted it!

and sorry, as this is all a repeat of what i just shouted to you!

now, as far as gaga goes, let it be a herm. LET IT BE A HERM!!! HERM!!! HERM!!! i just love that word. maybe my next pet can be called HERM!

• Fashion&Such

August 13, 2009 | Reply

The lady gaga thing is almost possible, but I really don’t know.
    Adore your dress, looks flamey, reminds me of the audrey hepburn inspired outfit SJP wore :)

• Fashion&Such

August 13, 2009 | Reply

The lady gaga thing is almost possible, but I really don’t know.

• Alliswan

hahahaa @stacy…

Either way, Gaga is the hotness.

• OceanDreams

August 13, 2009 | Reply

I love love love this dress, so retro and almost looks like tie dye. I am the same way when my legs are not shaved, I hate wearing dresses but hey we can’t tell and you always look gorgeous my dear! ha ha, can’t believe Lady Gaga, she is so gaga!

• Brooke

August 13, 2009 | Reply

I do that when I forget my jewelry too. I have little mini heart attacks periodically throughout the day when I look down and see an empty ring finger. Because, OMG, I LOST IT. On another note, I love this outfit. The dress is great, and I want those shoes.

• shortmama

August 13, 2009 | Reply

I remember my mom having a dress similar to that back in the day! Love it!

• Vee

August 13, 2009 | Reply

I love your outifit today, then again I love them all.

I don’t believe Lady Gaga has a wee-wee…she’s a shock performer.

Hope you have a good day.

• Stephanie

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Just discovered your blog yesterday and spent the afternoon reading through the entire thing! I love your style, and so many things you write about really resonate with me.

I’ve been using Lumigan (which is the same thing as Latisse) for about 6 weeks now and my formerly short, blonde lashes are now SUPER long, black, and curly. It’s insane. I buy the Lumigan from an online Indian pharmacy and it’s SO much cheaper than Latisse. Email me if you want more details, I don’t want to look like I’m selling some website here…I get nothing out of it.

Great blog!

• Amanda Nicole

August 13, 2009 | Reply

I love GaGa’s music, but she’s definitely a media darling. With all the body suits without pants she wears, I would have to assume there would be clearer evidence of male parts.

Anyway, your retro dress is adorable :)

• Kellie

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Wait. Lady Ga Ga is a herm? Wow. This is the first I’ve heard of it. And I love the dress!

• Blair

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Oh, love the color of the dress–stunning!

• Elizabeth Marie

August 13, 2009 | Reply

I hope she’s a HERM! That would be so perfect…how FABULOUSLY…HERM.

Pretty dress, pretty LADY. :)

• Susan

August 13, 2009 | Reply

oh God what a familiar story with the not-shaving-then-wanting-to-put-a-dress-on thingy :) )
    you look lovely by the way!
    have a great day, xoxo

• J-Diggety

August 13, 2009 | Reply

I feel the same way about earrings as you do your wedding rings… I feel SO naked without ‘em… and guess who didn’t wear any today?! ugh :P

That dress looks the perfect combo of pretty and comfy!

• Passion4Fashion

August 13, 2009 | Reply

I love this dress on you. If anyone notices you have hairy legs wearing that dress there is something wrong with them. They should be looking at you in that lovely dress!

• blinkydaisy

August 13, 2009 | Reply

I really love that shirt dress, what I great find. You always look great in them too.

• Heather

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Pretty pretty dress! You find the best vintage.

I’m not a morning person so I’m alwyas super minimal at work. So I give you props for always looking adorable.

• Heather

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Pretty pretty dress! You find the best vintage.

• Hanako66

August 13, 2009 | Reply

that scarf/belt is SO perfect with this and I so love your shoes!

I think that the peen is fake…how would she hide it in all of those little PANTIES she wears out? lol

• TheBeautyFile

August 13, 2009 | Reply

I love that dress! Gorgeous print! Gaga totally rocks…lord only knows if that was fake, but if not, it was probably the most scandalous wardrobe malfunction ever!!!

• ♥Aubrey

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Oh lady gaga…who knows! If she is…she is…i’ll leave it at that. Your dress on the other hand is very pretty. Reminds me of my obsession i have with peacocks. And look…there’s my glasses that i covet ♥

• Iva

August 13, 2009 | Reply

beautiful dress!!! AHHHH the shoes the shoes!! ha I love them! LOVE THEM!

• The818

Oh….lady gaga…

• bianca

August 13, 2009 | Reply

this is one of my faves fa sho! I’m a sucker for cuffed sleeves. And great belt choice:) loves it!

• Chessa!

August 13, 2009 | Reply

fist things first…i love the look like I already said on flickr. it looks amazing on you. is there ANY look you can’t pull off gloriously?!?

secondly, I nearly spit up my wine when I read “she’s a Herm” that is so wrong but so right. I didn’t think Herm…I thought tranny. fabulous and divine tranny…whatever she is she’s awesome and gets me moving…I don’t care if she has a penis.

• Christen

August 13, 2009 | Reply

Haha I’m glad I’m not the only one who does that! I always think I am going to wear pants so that I don’t have to shave but then it suddenly seems like I don’t own a single pair of pants!

Nonetheless, you look amazing. And those stacked heels – to die for!

• TeeTee

Cute dress!

• Sher

August 13, 2009 | Reply

What hair? Even under a magnifying glass I can’t see hair LOL!

Love that vintage dress!

• ~Mrs. Guru~

August 14, 2009 | Reply

OMG! No she isn’t! But it sure looks that way!

• daer0n

August 14, 2009 | Reply

That vintage dress is beautiful :)

Gaga: it does not surprise me at all, she does kind of look like a man sometimes.. imo. She always has, i always thought she looked sort of man-ish for some reason, but then she also has some really feminine features, so if she is a herm…well, i guess she has the best from both worlds? lol.

• Rebecca Rose

August 14, 2009 | Reply

Love the dress.

>>> Rebecca Rose
    rebeccaroseilican.blogspot.com

• Jennifer Ramos

August 14, 2009 | Reply

MAEGAN, WOW, that dress ROCKS…but you rock it even more.
    So are you coming out here or what?? I WANT to go shopping with you! :) ))

Jen Ramos
    ‘Cards & Prints You’ll Love…’

madebygirl.blogspot.com

• Lisa Petrarca

August 14, 2009 | Reply

Love the dress and shoes! The hairy leg episode is my CONSTANT problem. I shower at night and end up with a noon leg shadow…VERY ATTRACTIVE!Good thing I rarely wear dresses.

Oh guess what, you inspired me to finally buy a necklace and chunky earrings! I never wear necklaces because I hate to draw attention to my giraffe neck…but it looks so good on you I’m trying it.

• smartscruffyfashion

August 14, 2009 | Reply

Apparently that video is edited. I think she’s a girl.

Otherwise gorgeous outfit!! lol

Lauren x

• Holly

August 14, 2009 | Reply

one of your best looks!!!! LOVE that dress

• KT

August 15, 2009 | Reply

I love that dress. As always, you look perfect.

• princesspolitico

August 15, 2009 | Reply

this post may be gratuitous – but its necessary. your style is impeccable. understated and refined. love color scheme of this dress. it works really well with your hair color! :)

xo.
    princesspolitico

• Wande

August 15, 2009 | Reply

OH my goodness! BEAUTIFUL dress! Love it!

• Micaela

August 17, 2009 | Reply

holy goodness, i would pay you for this dress!!! It looks incredible on you darling!

HOT HOT indeed xo

• Wanderlusting

August 17, 2009 | Reply

She’s not – I mean, she is in her underwear everday and no one has noticed before…

• Rosita

August 18, 2009 | Reply

holy cow i love that dress!! it’s gorgeous!

• yoshi

August 18, 2009 | Reply

the outfit is amaze and i love the colors!

April 7, 2010 | Reply

Double darn!! I wish I wouldn’t have listened to “relatives” who told me years ago to stop keeping sentimental dresses and clothes! (I did donate, and others mysteriously disappeared) Anyway, I also wish I would have known about your site and shown “them” all of your neat vintage ideas!! Also, I love your chain/fringe necklace………..on my list at the craft store. Thank you, and I wish you were a relative of mine!

• Gucci Handbags

August 20, 2010 | Reply

Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time,today i find it finally.this postgive me lots of advise it is very useful for me .i will pay more attention to you ,i hope you can go on posting more such post, i will support you all the time.