Completely Gratuitous Outfit Post

burberry-trench-jeans-vintage-boots-2-photo

burberry-trench-jeans-vintage-boots-6

burberry-trench-jeans-vintage-boots-9

lace-up-boots-folded-over-3

burberry-trench-jeans-vintage-boots-7

What I’m Wearing
* Burberry Trench Coat …the shorter version. ..last seen here. This is a “pencils only” item …meaning, I use no pens while wearing this coat fearing a mark that will last longer than time itself …and considering this jacket will still be in style 20 years from now, I don’t think I’m being too anal about it. lol.
* Diesel Jeans …from gilt.com …last seen here
* Jones NY white sweater {which really isn’t as short when not posing} …hits the top of my jeans -thrifted ages ago.
* NY Metal Lights Gold hoop earrings -etsy
* Vintage silk scarf
* Vintage leather belt …seen here
* {very} Vintage Sears boots found on ebay …these are actually knee high and lace all the way up. I folded them over and wrapped the laces around them to give them a new look.
* American Apparel thigh high socks …pushed down and worn as thick scrunch socks
* Tom Ford “Yvette” sunglasses
* D&G gold watch {gilt sale}
* Hair : Air dried -clipped/and/or/bun

Location : Benedict Canyon near Mulholland …my drive to & from the art gallery.

My father-in-law just bought us a new mattress for our bed and omg it’s so amazingly comfortable I’m finding it more and more difficult to get out of it in the morning. I really cannot wait for tomorrow …just so I can sleep in and in and in. Husband and I have been sleeping on an almost 30 year old mattress for reasons that just seam ridiculous now that we have a new bed. Our thought was that when we moved into a house, we’d upgrade to a king and use this as a guest bed …but clearly we’ve stayed where we are much longer than we thought and our backs have suffered tremendously {along with my psyche ;)}.

Is everyone happy with the Project Runway results? …I dunno, I thought the collections were kinda boring but understand why they chose Irena {and I did love the hats}. I loved Carol Hannah’s first dress so much I would buy it right now if I could …also, I love the way her model walks. So graceful …but I didn’t catch the model show yet to see who won. Is it the model who has the winning designer?

. . . .

Isn’t it insane how different it looks not only with my hair up but with a different background? Of course I like the set above better {a few more images here} but this one shows the clothes/colors better.

burberry-trench-jeans-vintage-boots-10

* Body Stats

* Shop my Top Picks!

Share/Bookmark

LA native & lifestyle blogger Maegan Tintari writes daily at ...love Maegan.com sharing beauty & style secrets, including fashion DIYs, how-to nail art manicures, hair tutorials, recipes & home decorating ideas, as well as a look into her personal life, her journey & battle with infertility & recent relocation to the mountains by a lake in search of a better life with her adorable French Bulldog brothers, Trevor and Randy.

• Blicious

GORGEOUS PICS!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND HUN!!

XOXO

• GamecockQueen

November 20, 2009 | Reply

As always, how cute you look! I love CA and love the background in your photos. I’m totally jealous right now.

• Every Little Counts

November 20, 2009 | Reply

is it finally getting cold in LA? i miss Mulholland and all of those mountains & canyons…that is one thing nyc doesn’t have 🙁

• kanishanashay

November 20, 2009 | Reply

wow, great jacket and blog,
    i’m following!

• mariel

November 20, 2009 | Reply

i love what you did with those boots to create a new look. i did something similar with my black heeled knee-high boots– i folded them down and back up so it looks like a cuff on a calf length bootie (pictures on my blog). great way to get more mileage out of your clothes.

• Christina

November 20, 2009 | Reply

The coat is my favorite piece (;

• Couture Carrie

November 20, 2009 | Reply

Totally gorgeous, darling M!
    Love the boots especially!

xoxox,
    CC

• Jaime

November 20, 2009 | Reply

Love how you folded the boots- great idea 🙂

• Lisa

November 20, 2009 | Reply

Great outfit! I love the pencils only rule, it seems like I always manage to absent-mindedly mark things with pens, the latest being my car dashboard 🙁

• Yaya

So cute!

• Francesca

love it!!

xoxo,
    F

lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- two girls blogging fashion from nyc and chicago!

November 20, 2009 | Reply

fan-farking-tastic shots! and i love the outfit.

and irina is a bitch. geesh. but she does have talent. damn her. carol hannah has a hell of a lot of talent too, and is nice. the other girl? meh. her stuff didn’t really look that great to me.

have a super weekend! SLEEP IN!

• Christina

November 20, 2009 | Reply

You always inspire me to up my game when it comes to daily outfits. Love the casual yet “I’m kinda better than you” vibe from this one. 😉

• Sal

November 20, 2009 | Reply

Whew. Folding over those boots was a stroke of genius – love it!

• Comsat Keith

November 20, 2009 | Reply

Nice sweater and I think it’s good how you’ve got the sleeves folded back over the coat. I liked your last photo best as it wasn’t so easy to see things so well in your backlit shots, and the colours get muted. I feel like I need sunglasses to view the backlit ones; that’s some pretty major sunlight you’ve got over there! 🙂 An extra shot on Flickr was nice too – the one where you’re gazing into the distance with your hair down. I followed your helpful link to see a map showing Benedict Canyon. I used the satellite view, which I always like best. There were more houses around than I was expecting, but it still looks like you must get some good views driving along it. And hey, there’s Sunset Boulevard not far away – I’ve heard of that! – Keith

• It's Jami yall

November 20, 2009 | Reply

First of all, your outfit is GORG! Luv it. Second of all, I knew Irina was going to win because of the hats (I did luv them) and other accessories that made her collection look more…well, like a collection. I was more in luv with Carol Hannah’s collection and REALLY wanted her to win. I agree, her first outfit was hot and I personally loved the pink one that looked like a bottle cork-all that tule…luv it! And yes, the model of the winner automatically wins. Her name escapes me right now but she was always really really sweet (the one that beotch model accused of wearing sticky tape and kept going on and on about it). I’m happy for her also.

• electricsbubbles

So beautiful
    Kisses

• Jacqueline

November 20, 2009 | Reply

Great location. The boots really stand out in a good way. I like what you did with them. Aren’t new mattresses yummy?! Trust me, it is worth it to spend a lot on those and really nice sheets and bedding. Your body deserves it! xoxo

• freeteyme

November 20, 2009 | Reply

love how you folded those boots! and the view is spectacular!

• Violet

November 20, 2009 | Reply

yeah it does make a difference i love both version but the hai up gets my vote

i wish someone would give me a new mattress for my dorm bed they suck lol

XX
    Vi from Cali

• Jayci

November 20, 2009 | Reply

Another look I love. I love how effortless your hair, outfits, pics always look. You look gorgeous, as usual!

• Nicole Smith

beautiful!!!!

• J-Diggety

Oooh-wee, you look SO Colorado today!! Luv it 🙂

• Miss Caitlin S.

• bananas.

November 21, 2009 | Reply

love the way you’re workin thoe boots. they looks faboo!

haven’t watched the PR finale but i heard who won (who i expected and who i think is a total biatch).

congrats on the new mattress. i am super jealous. what i would give for some heavenly sleep. mmhmm. have a fabulous weekend!

• sexylegsandbody

November 21, 2009 | Reply

Fabulous pics, love the last one best! That trench coat is mega cool, so are the shades. Fantastic post!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Colin.

• diane

November 21, 2009 | Reply

You have proven that hiking attire can be glamorous.
    Congrats on the new mattress. xo d

• Viva La Fashion

November 21, 2009 | Reply

i’m in love with your burberry trench! 🙂 its so pretty.

and so is the sun behind you in all those pics.

• Une étincelle de mode

November 21, 2009 | Reply

What a casual outfit, it really changed!! But it’s so good, so cool, so pretty, like always!
    (sorry for my English)

• So Spiffy

November 21, 2009 | Reply

Hey Darling.. did you get my e-mail… You are looking fabulous, I like the lighting behind you, who does all the photography?

• Some Like it Vintage.com

November 21, 2009 | Reply

You can’t go wrong with a Burberry trench coat!

• TheBeautyFile

November 21, 2009 | Reply

wow. this is my favorite one in like, forever….the scenery….HEAVENLY!!!

So, I need to enlist your help. I am looking to create a world wide hair stylist guide to post as a permanent fixture on my blog. I know you’re in the “know” so I thought you could come on over and contribute any info you have….also if you’d like to spread the word to anyone with a passion for beauty/hair, I would really appreciate it! Here’s the link:

• Chessa!

November 21, 2009 | Reply

I love the photos and the view. I wouldn’t use a pen either. 🙂 and hurray for a new mattress!! xx

• ...Seyma...

November 21, 2009 | Reply

fell for that outfit lady!!

• FELINE.

Love 🙂

as always!

• Caroline, no.

November 21, 2009 | Reply

Wow. Those pics are amazing. Love those boots!

• Alba

November 22, 2009 | Reply

Great Look! xo

• Zarna

November 22, 2009 | Reply

LOVE the trench. i really need to invest in a burberry trench, i feel like they are completely timeless!

-zarna

• The Lil Bee

November 22, 2009 | Reply

I have to say I’m happy to see some cooler-weather gratuitous outfit posts because I’m constantly jealous of the weather in your hood!! I loved Carol Hannah’s dress, too. I knew they’d pick Irena though. It was so obvious, I thought, given her track record this season. She did have some great clothes though so I can see why.

• Magdalena - S

November 22, 2009 | Reply

amazing shoes!!! great !!!

• myedit

November 24, 2009 | Reply

This is perfect!

• alissa

November 24, 2009 | Reply

the lighting in these is beautiful! nice work:)

i was happy with irena, she was just so much more developed – i felt like i would go out and buy a lot of her pieces (although Carol Hannah had some adorable things too!)

• Hanako66

November 24, 2009 | Reply

love this…stunning and rugged…so cool!

and I adored Carol Hannah’s first dress…and a lot of her collection. It was more “me” but I get why she didn’t win!

• Kristin

November 26, 2009 | Reply

please read & follow my blog http://rhapsodyinheels.blogspot.com/

• tank tops

February 6, 2013 | Reply

The layered tank top look is both a trendy look and a classic staple of female clothing. However, some people have taken that look and destroyed it because they didn’t understand the simple rules involved when layering tank tops.