Completely Gratuitous Outfit Post

long skirt and blazer-3

long skirt and blazer-1

long skirt and blazer-5

long skirt and blazer-2

What I’m Wearing
* Vintage silk wrap skirt …the skirt isn’t actually vintage but the silk they used to make it is …by Kariza. It’s one of those “wear a million ways” wraps and is reversible as well …I got it in Vegas a couple years ago but just “found” it again the other day whilst organizing my closet and while I don’t normally opt for patterns with butterflies, I really like this one.
* GAP brown jersey T. I think the last time I was in GAP was when I bought this T and that was probably about 3 years ago …but just checking their site for a link, I’m kinda blown away by cuteness. I may just have to stock up on some basics. I’m realizing, or, have realized, that I’m kind of low on tops …or maybe just burnt out on all of the ones in the current rotation. No, it’s definitely time for a few new tops/shirts/blouses.
* Victoria’s Secret “boyfriend” v-neck sweater ….cut down the center creating a cardigan and surprisingly it doesn’t fray or unravel at all.
* Vintage Ralph Lauren blazer …last seen here with shoes and hair looking like it’s supposed to.
* Brown Pashmina
* Brown Via Spiga lace-up wedges
* Gold hoops
* Tom Ford Anouk sunglasses
* Hair: slept in a french braid …I don’t think I’ve been to my stylist since November …maybe even October. I’m sure I could easily check my blog posts and find out but I don’t care. I am so in need of getting it done but usually when it gets to this point I start contemplating darker shades …and while in person I may hate it, it always seems to come out okay in my outfit shots which is slightly confusing. Which is reality? :)

happyFriday

* Body Stats

* Shop my Top Picks!

Share/Bookmark

• Pretty Little World

February 5, 2010 | Reply

This is a gorgeous combination!! You look like you could walk right into a Ralph Lauren ad!!

Have a great weekend!!

• Kellie

February 5, 2010 | Reply

Beautiful! I hadn’t been to my stylist since October either and I just went last night. I was really needing it! Got 3 1/2 inches chopped off! I’ve got to say it feels good!

• ~alison

I LOVE this skirt!

• Zanah

Love your outfit ! :) Mon Mode Blog

• Lindsay [Bella Cene']

February 5, 2010 | Reply

I sure wish I could sleep in a french braid and wake up to a gorgeous head of hair like yours! I’ve tried that in the past but my curly hair just ends up a frizzy poof ball in the morning. Any tips?

• Sal

February 5, 2010 | Reply

Such a great take on cozy chic. Nothing like a long skirt for feeling fabulously boho!

Nice!

This is butterfly too: Floral/Butterfly dress: Aqua (from your bday bowling night)

Kylen in Co

• JKreids

February 5, 2010 | Reply

John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo has brightened my natural dirty blonde roots between salon visits for several months. :) In three days, your hair will be considerably brighter.

I took your advice from several months ago and went with low lights + high lights in an attempt to grow out my overly bleached hair. It’s starting to look much more natural. :)

• Style (R)evolution

Love it!!

• totallyenraptured

February 5, 2010 | Reply

I love this combination! I have a skirt exactly like that one (but different pattern/color) and have been stumped as to how to wear it in a non-hippie sort of way. When I bought it I was in the tank-top and skirt summer season of my life and it’s so good to see a new and refreshing interpretation! I think I may just have to pull it out of the depths of my closet again.

• Absolutely Not Martha

February 5, 2010 | Reply

if perception is reality, then i’d go with the outfit shots answer. btw, i just colored my hair yesterday (l’oreal’s soft black, though i usually do ash dark brown)–natural hair is light brown and FOR YEARS i did highlights, but recently switched to the dark side–kinda nice contrast with blue eyes. just a thought.

• bananas.

February 5, 2010 | Reply

maegan, you look beautiful. if the last time you had your hair did was in november, then you can’t even tell. it still looks good.

have a fab weekend!

• Francesca

February 5, 2010 | Reply

you look great. love how you incorporated the new long skirt trend into this. looks awesome!

xoxo,
    F

lekisskiss.blogspot.com <– Texas gal bloggin fashion from NYC!

• nuheila

February 5, 2010 | Reply

Love the skirt and colors of this outfit.You look great as always!Have a fab weekend!

Nuheila

• Jacqueline

February 5, 2010 | Reply

I love the print on the skirt and I agree with the first commenter. This look is very Ralph Lauren! Job well done Maegan. Your hair looks fabulous. xo

• celebrittany

February 5, 2010 | Reply

i love that blazer with the pretty brown pashmina! you look beautiful :)

• Lawgirl

February 6, 2010 | Reply

Love it.

• ♥Lola

February 6, 2010 | Reply

Love these colours! They’re really pretty :)

• Caroline, No.

February 6, 2010 | Reply

Love this look. You look as though you’re in England, which is funny as you’re usually in such LA sunshine!

• MELISSA Z.

February 6, 2010 | Reply

Love the print of the skirt! <3

• Jill

February 6, 2010 | Reply

I’ve never been able to french braid. No one ever taught me properly. I would love to be able to get waves like that. Maybe I should try again. Or have someone teach my husband.

• Morgan

February 6, 2010 | Reply

You look amazing! And agree with a previous commenter… you totally look like you could be in a Ralph Lauren ad!

• Glamour Bbey.

February 6, 2010 | Reply

This dress suits you lovely!

* PLEASE CHECK MY BLOG *

• Nahna

February 6, 2010 | Reply

Looking stunning as always <3

• J-Diggety

February 6, 2010 | Reply

You are such an inspiration… I’m not very creative with my mixing and matching my clothes, but I really want to be because I can’t afford to buy new clothes so I need to work with what I have! So I love your outfit posts because they help give me ideas… just this morning, I thought of you when I got dressed… my initial thought was, “no, I can’t put this together”, but then thought, “but wait! Maegan would and she rocks it!!” So, thanks lady!! :)
    xoxo J

• Fabulocity in Amish Country

February 7, 2010 | Reply

Love this outfit! That silk wrap skirt is awesome! :)

• Selaen

February 7, 2010 | Reply

I love this look! It’s very English countryside/lady-of-the-manor kinda look! Very posh, my dear! :)

Can’t believe your hair is that badly in between cuts; it so doesn’t look it! I would do anything to get hair like yours, mine is just stick-straight and generally (unwillingly) points upwards.. :P

xx

xx

• Hanako66

February 9, 2010 | Reply

this is perfect on you. love. love.

• Minenin Takilari

February 11, 2010 | Reply

Maegan, I have been reading your blog for a couple of months now, and I love it! congratulations :)