Completely Gratuitous Outfit Post

black-and-white-4

black-and-white-2

What I’m Wearing

* DIY white v-neck t-shirt dress …DIY HERE
* Black American Apparel leggings
* Twenty8Twelve jacket/blazer …from gilt.com
* no brand scarf last seen here
* Velvet Angels Naked Lunch Wedge Bootie
* Ferragamo bag
* Tom Ford Sunglasses
* Hair: vintage beaded bow clip …seen here

Grammy Talk
* I totally cried through Gaga + Elton’s duet. Yes, cried.

* On Beyonce’s performance : Loved her dress : Loved when she grabbed her crotch : Wondering lately why her gestures resemble the dramatics of & Whitney Houston & Stevie Wonder : Wishing I could watch Jay-Z watch Beyonce’s performance : UM THE ALANIS MORRISETTE SEGUAY …AND THEN THE SAXOPHONES? AND THEN THE HEAD SWINGING ON ALL FOURS? ummmmmmm. confusion.

* On Pink: Loved her outfit …when she removed the top layer I thought it was far more revealing than Britney’s “Satisfaction” getup that she got so much slack for : but Pink, if you want to be a Cirque performer, you can just go to Vegas, I’m sure they’ll give you a job : Was it necessary to baptize the audience mid performance? : Standing O-vay …really?

* I’m sorry but I just do not care about Country music or any awards for it. pass.

* Was it me or was there an overall Futuristic/Mad Max/Warrior/Soldier thing going on with most performances/back up dancers?

* Okay, I take back what I said about Country music …Lady Antebellum was good. kinda

* Robert Downey Jr. can do no wrong …and then he announced Jamie Foxx. First thought: Really? …but then it was semi-entertaining and I liked his choice of thicker dancers. And then SLash came out playing November Rain. …and the performance went from an 8 to a 10 instantly.

* I’m sorry Taylor Swift, I just don’t get the hype. Of the 10 songs you got to sing, I’m not sure you hit any of the notes you were supposed to. I mean, you had the priveledge to sing a duet with Stevie Nicks and were flat all of it except your harmonies with her {which were nice actually} …Stevie Nicks, on the other hand = is an amazing talent. I would DIE to sing Rhiannon with her on stage.

* Oh Lionel Richie, your speech & introduction of …BEYONCE’S BOOBS, BEYONCE’S BOOBS

beyonce-boobs-grammys-2010

…Michael Jackson’s tribute was great.

* Dammit, no 3d glasses.

* Holy headache, where are my 3d glasses!?!?! …but it sounds so nice …horses …wales …snicker* I LOVE when they show the audience, full of musicians/celebrities all seriously staring at the stage in their 3d glasses.

rihanna-grammys-3d-glasses-audience

* Isn’t it funny how Michael Jackson worked so so hard at protecting the identity of his children and now that he’s gone …straight exploitation ….and was it just me or could they not have been weirder? I mean, what was I expecting I guess?

* Bon Jovi, why do you sound country? …and who is that horrid woman singing with you? …oh wait, she was at the Presidential Inauguration annoying me. No?

* Mos Def, I love you.

* Rihanna’s new boyfriend is young but super cute.

* Mary J Blige you sounded better than ever, I couldn’t really make out actual words but it was beautiful.

* Adam Sandler, no matter what you say, I. will. laugh.

* Dave Mathews, I try so hard not to like you but that voice is kinda sexy.

* Why did Beyonce & Jay Z not kiss when she won? They instead opted for an awkward cheek kiss/hug …but then she thanked “her husband” in her quickie speech. confused.

beyonce-jay-z-grammys-2010-awkward-hug

* Jeff Bridges …you always make me smile

lady-gaga-grammys-2010

…and then I literally laughed out loud.

* Quentin Tarantino, what is going on, seriously.

* John Legend, your voice, seriously, you voice.

* WHAT!?!??! ARE YOU KIDDING ME, TAYLOR SWIFT AGAIN?!?!?!? Seriously, the girl who can’t hit a note? Come on with it.

* Oh good, back to John Legend’s voice to sooth my anger.

* The End.

* OH WAIT : this totally looks like my feather dress {Feather skirt diy here}

ricky-martin-grammys-2010

* Yes, I should have just twittered this last night …but I started the Grammys 30 minutes in so I could skip through Country the commercials & NY had already seen it. I had no choice.

Share/Bookmark

• Miss Anne

February 1, 2010 | Reply

do tell…. what kinda gloss you wear?

re: Grammy’s. girl, BEYONCE’s BOOBS! :)

• Robin from OK

February 1, 2010 | Reply

Well, agree with you on Taylor Swift…uh, she isn’t hitting the notes. I think people admire her because she is refresing and clean..UNLIKE that end number with Lil Wayne and friends. UGH, why don’t they just tell them if you are going to sing with words we can’t broadcast then your OUT. I mean..what’s the point if you have to bleep half the song? BTW, Taylor isn’t country..no way, no how!

Roberta Flack’s face…I like her but c’mon.

February 1, 2010 | Reply

I would love it if that skirt really had been a DIY project. It really does look like yours!

• Doviliukou

Love your outfit!!

Visit my blog DOVILIUKOU

• Sal

February 1, 2010 | Reply

Another fresh take on black and white. Love it!

• Glamour Bbey.

February 1, 2010 | Reply

Fabulous look! I love all your shoes, and this pair is also gorgeous!

* PLEASE CHECK MY BLOG *

• Morgan

February 1, 2010 | Reply

You crack me up. Loved your synopsis. And Dave’s voice. So sexy. :)

• Suz

February 1, 2010 | Reply

love the blazer and the wedges!

• Fashion Court

February 1, 2010 | Reply

when i saw that feathered dress on the pre show n e! i immediately almost shouted MAEGAN! hahaha. then i realized that would be totally weird ;)

i was pissed gaga lost over swift. i actually like swift too..but come on. she’s like queen gaga lolol.

• Style (R)evolution

February 1, 2010 | Reply

In love with your outfit!

• Jill

February 1, 2010 | Reply

I tivo’d it and then watched it in an hour.

• Jacqueline

February 1, 2010 | Reply

I liked Pink’s performance and thought it was really good. I like your outfit. xo

• publicknitting

February 1, 2010 | Reply

So, all of your outfit posts make me hate you a little bit, but I still want to be you and totally love your style!! Those shoes are amazing, by the way.

• ♥ Katinka

February 1, 2010 | Reply

Totally agree with you on Taylor Swift. Sounded horrible!!!!!!!!

• ♥Lola

February 1, 2010 | Reply

I love your jacket, the shoulders look amazing :)

• J-Diggety

February 1, 2010 | Reply

First, I just love this comfy-but-still-sassy look. I srsly need to finally do your tee dress DIY so I can wear my leggings everyday. Love. Leggings.

Second, thankyouthankyouthankyou for posting about the Grammy’s… living in Cable-and-Internet-less Land blows.

xoxo J

February 1, 2010 | Reply

You are just so funny!!!I soo love to read your blog,I was having a not so great day till I read you.
    And please don´t comment on the hater , if she/he is so annoyed by you why does she /he reads your blog???LOSER!!!
    Anyway,outfit:awesome as always.

• ~alison

February 1, 2010 | Reply

I’m sooooooo over Beyonce! Thank you very much! Taylor Swift shouldn’t have won all those Grammy’s. BUT Maeg – you should have watched the Zac Brown band (I think that’s their name – Country) THEY WERE FANTASTIC. Awesome voices!
    BTW- we saw baby move!!!

• COCOCOZY

February 2, 2010 | Reply

I like the gratuitous outfit pictures…good combo…I love the grammy commentary! Feel like I was there!

• Rhi

February 2, 2010 | Reply

I was named after Rhiannon. My Mom gave it her own lil spin but it sounds exactly the same. Thus I LOVE Stevie and the song

• Katie

February 2, 2010 | Reply

Taylor Swift is talented, but live performing is not her strong suit. I was cringing for her, esp since she had the opportunity to sing with such a legend!

• angie

February 2, 2010 | Reply

LOL, LOL, LOL….. EXCELLENT summary, girl! You could not have mirrored my thoughts any better!

• stacy

funny!

couldn’t agree more about taylor swift. i kept saying to kev ‘is it just me or is she really flat?!?’ and he was all, ‘just let stevie sing it!’

February 2, 2010 | Reply

Okay, so I agree that Taylor Swifts performance was bad but you gotta love her for being a good role model for young girls. She’s sweet and polite. And she doesnt dress or act like a tramp. I think she’s talented for a young girl. Her voice isnt that great even on her albums but she writes her own songs!! And for those of us who grew up country around country music Lady Antebellum was AMAZING and so was the Zac Brown band. And the amazing woman singing with Bon Jovi is Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland and she happens to be amazing AND the best dressed woman in country music. Google it!! I respect your opinions Maegan…. Im just sayin’. Everyone is always hatin’ on country music.

• Heidi Renée

February 2, 2010 | Reply

I think Pink’s water stunt lost a bit of oomph between stage and screen. They really did not get good camera shots of that part. I saw her perform that number in LA last year, and it was breathtaking. Plus she sang the whole concert live and did not hit one sour note (…memo to Taylor Swift). So, I blame the camerawork for the water thing looking weird. I hope Pink laughed her ass off afterward for dripping all over all of the perfectly put together ladies.

• Fabulocity in Amish Country

February 2, 2010 | Reply

This post – hilarious. I agree with it all… lol. :) And this outfit post – could you be any more fabulous?? I highly doubt it.

• Michelle

February 2, 2010 | Reply

Dont you love when people who obviously take the time to follow your blog get their panties in a bunch over something so ridiculous as Tayor Swift? Talk about needing to get a life…

Anywho sounds like you had the exact same Grammys experience as I did! And were you laughing at Lady Gaga’s outfit or the Sergeant-Pepper-one-man-band drum major sitting behind her? Cause he made me giggle…

• bananas.

February 2, 2010 | Reply

your wedges are fabulous and i want them but i have a feeling they won’t look nearly as good.

love your grammy’s review. pretty much the same thoughts as mine except for what you said about pink and country music. personally i love them both.

but let’s talk about michael’s kids. what the F did paris say?! my bf and i were so puzzled and then started busted up. so freakin off, those kids are.

• Iva

February 2, 2010 | Reply

I had a whole comment planned…but DUDE ANON..here’s a thought…#1) are you proud of yourself when you look in the mirror…having left this comment, do you now really feel all that much better about yourself, like you have accomplished something?! and #2) if you dont like what you read/see here there is a seriously simple solution STOP READING MAEGAN’s blog. I know, I know, its a hard concept to grasp…but you see, there is this little RED X in the top right hand corner and if you click it, it closes out the browser….give it a try ;) Congratulations on being such a jerk, its not an easy thing to accomplish.

MAEGAN YOU AND YOUR BLOG ROCK < — all caps. ;)

• Nicole Leigh

February 2, 2010 | Reply

your outfit is absolute perfection!! and love your grammy update!

• Deborah

February 2, 2010 | Reply

Dave is brilliant. Even if he dances like Forest Gump.

Taylor Swift – not so swift, but a cute little girl.

But P!nk! I was floored! I must be easily entertained. :)

• Nina

February 2, 2010 | Reply

I’m so over Taylor. Everytime I hear her sing it sounds like she’s reciting. Gaga should have won!

• MELISSA Z.

February 2, 2010 | Reply

Love your outfit! It seems very comfortable but so cool!

• Maria@chicisimo

February 2, 2010 | Reply

I love your outfit :D!! About the grammy´s… I´ve laughed so much with your comments. I haven´t seen the gala, but I used to do it when I was living in USA. Wow! I really miss that kind of things ;D!!
    xx

• Pretty Little World

February 2, 2010 | Reply

I didn’t watch the Grammy awards, but now I feel like I did. And the stuff you mentioned seems like the stuff I would have paid attention to anyway.

Also, do you think the people sitting near Lady Gaga when she wore that last outfit were nervous the whole time? Like she might laugh really heartily, and forget what she was wearing, and stab them with her hat?

• Manda

February 2, 2010 | Reply

Taylor Swift is just too awkward – like, I cringe.

Also

What is UP with Gossip Girl! Anger.

• Chessa!

February 2, 2010 | Reply

i love this look on you!

I agree with many of your points re the grammys! Gaga and Elton? i died a little.

My husband started laughing at me when I yelled out “everyone is getting wet!” in the middle of Pink’s performance. Re Beyonce and Jay-Z — I thought it was a miracle that she even mentioned him in her speech. Those two are so private that I was just shocked that she even recognized him at all. I thought MJ’s kids were pretty poised all things considered…

And, I think Taylor is so cute but agree that she was totally off-key and to make Stevie Nicks sing what sounds bubble-gummy “she wears short skirts”?? I felt like crying. Rhiannon, along with all things Fleetwood Mac, was played incessantly in my house growing up and I nearly died when they segued into a TS song from that. I know she’s a songwriter and wildly talented,etc. but she’s just not there…not yet, at least. What do I know?

oh, and I’m not a huge fan of country either but I thought that Lady Antebellum song was great…I had never even heard of them! Speaking of country, I was annoyed that the Sugarland woman performed with JBJ…

• Alice

Oh, the shoes…

• Mary

February 2, 2010 | Reply

Anon with the bad attitude-

Please get a life.

Love the simplistic (yet special) quality of this outfit.

• Dana

February 2, 2010 | Reply

You always look so amazing! Stylish girl ;)

• Grace

February 2, 2010 | Reply

Velvet Angels makes such beautiful shoes. Great look lady.

Love Grace.

• Wanderlusting Fool

February 2, 2010 | Reply

What a GREAT run-down of the Grammys. I SO agree with you on almost all of these. Love all the little tidbits – and your sense of humor!

I just found your blog, and I’m definitely following! :)

~Kerri
    Wanderlusting Fool

• Tamstyles

February 3, 2010 | Reply

I dont think they kissed because its a private moment for them. we have never seen them kiss..all they do is pretty private. i get that.

• Amber's Notebook

February 3, 2010 | Reply

omg looks like I am not the only one who takes pictures of their Tv!

February 4, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know Taylor Swift from Zachary Taylor and wouldn’t walk across the street to see her, but those shoes of yours are sizzling hot. Love the thick black straps across the ankles. Though to nitpick, another 1/4-1/2 inch higher, or lower on the platform, would be still hotter.

• Hanako66

February 6, 2010 | Reply

you look so pretty! that bag really is something else..perfect, really!

• Bohemian Gypsy Goddess

March 2, 2010 | Reply

Stevie’s look is, and always has been so very unique. She inspired my entire store, the Enchanted Mirror. We make custom “Stevie Style” capes, shawls, hanky hem skirts, huge bell sleeved tops, velvet leggings & berets, decorated top hats, crescent moon & Wild Heart jewelry, and so much more. I hope you will visit, at:
    Timeless Bohemian Gypsies Rock! :)
    Love your Blog!