Bicycle Obsessed

0c25ba7229776e99_landing
Life 1960

Do you ever notice blog trends? Like for instance balloons became the “thing” to post about a while ago and just about every blog I visited seemed to have a post about balloons with a cute girl whimsically frolicking in the fields {or city} with a handful of balloons. The same can be said for vintage cameras, girls with bangs, holiday posts, and bicycles. It happens. It’s cute at first but for the 100th time you’re like ALRIGHT ALREADY. WE GET IT.

Well, today I’m going completely against my own grain …I’m going to annoy myself actually with my very own bike post …Why? Because the husband and I just got brand new sparkly bicycles and that’s what blogs are for, right? However, I’m pretty sure my bicycle photos are nothing like the adorable set up shots I’ve seen on uber-cool photography blogs. Ours are a bit more on the realistic side and lacking in whimsy. I’m wearing jeans & an old T and sensible shoes because well, I’m old, have a bad ankle & walked to the bike shop and let’s face it, a teensy bit scared. It’s been years since I’ve ridden a bike …but I guess it’s as the saying goes “It’s just like riding a bike …you never forget.”

new beach cruisers

pep beach cruiser-bw

me beach cruiser

me beach cruiser bike-bw

While I do love my new bike, it’s not exactly what I had in mind as far as the look of it. Don’t get me wrong, I love that it’s bright white but I was looking for something a little more sophisticated and who am I kidding, vintage. SO, being the DIY maven that I am …I’m thinking I may just have to customize my new wheels exactly the way I imagined them. But that may take a while …and of course, I’ll share all the details with you and then maybe even do an outfit post with it as a prop and be just cliche as I can be.

il_430xN.108272592
alice & the rabbit

• FASHION SNAG

March 16, 2010 | Reply

I love these photos! You two look so cute and happy. I love my road bike and I am happy to see you on one Maegan! xo

• Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries

March 16, 2010 | Reply

Love your new bike! It looks great! I sold my bike a couple of months ago beacuse I was moving, but it is truly the best way to explore! Hope you’ll have many amazing weekends on the new rides! :)

• Sal

March 16, 2010 | Reply

I’m sure you’ll find a way to make it your own. And YAY FOR CRUISERS! I can’t wait to bust out my beloved one-speed.

• Morgan

March 16, 2010 | Reply

Love your bike pictures! I got a cruiser for Christmas and can’t stop riding it! Now all I need is the basket and I’m set. :)

• Caroline, No.

March 16, 2010 | Reply

Loooove your bike. I’d love a beach cruiser but it wouldn’t really work in London traffic. I have such happy memories of riding a cruiser between Santa Monica and Venice… Enjoy. x

• JKreids

March 16, 2010 | Reply

doesn’t it make you feel like a kid again?!

as soon as I hopped on my new one, I was 12 years old.

p.s. as long as you don’t start posting pictures of yourself on the bike with a mustache, you won’t be too cliched. I hate that mustache trend, btw. ;)

don’t you??

• The Style Revolution

March 16, 2010 | Reply

Super cute shots. I love riding a bike! Have fun!

• Gwen

March 16, 2010 | Reply

Oh how fun!!! The hubs and I bought bikes last year. We ended up getting barely used moutain bikes from a coworker for $50 (for the pair)! SCORE!!! After a few 7-10 mile rides it got cold but I can’t wait to break them out this year. :) Love your bike and please post photos when you get the DIY done. XOXO

• anhesty

March 16, 2010 | Reply

ahaah you crack me up! i am guilty of a post with me and my bike. your bike is uber cute!

• Amy

March 16, 2010 | Reply

This makes me want to get a bike!

• Iva

March 16, 2010 | Reply

OMG!! I am so super excited even just at the idea of what your bike is going to look like and a potential outfit post with props?!!! I can practically see it now already, especially in the last picture!! Are those super adorable stickers I see on it!? I love it and I love that its white! but more so then anything I love that you are enjoying some super awesome times with your husband having fun. You two look super happy. And, I love your sunglasses a lot in these shots, I mean I’ve seen then before, but somehow they look absolutely perfect right now! Totally random but I think our husbands share the exact same closet!! ahahah!! Have a super day Maegan!

• Francesca

March 16, 2010 | Reply

you two are so cute! my boyfriend keeps beggin me for us to get bikes but i just cant take the clutter in my tiny NYC apartment!!

xoxo,
    F

lekisskiss.blogspot.com <– Texas gal bloggin fashion from NYC!

• lbluca77

I love your bike!

When I moved down to Long Beach practically the first thing I did was buy a beach cruiser. Unfortunately it got stolen a few months back. But for the few years I had it, I loved it. It had a basket so I would ride my bike to the store or for little errands. The basket was perfect size to hold a 12ver of beer. HA!

With the Cali weather so nice right now I think I need to replace my bike like ASAP!

• Lisa Petrarca

March 16, 2010 | Reply

Cute bike! I love bike riding, I used to do it all the time…riding down to the beach & then along the boardwalk.

It’s such a fun way to get in shape!

Enjoy!

• Sonia

March 16, 2010 | Reply

You both look just so relaxed and cool together on the cute bikes..its that feeling that I like most about this post!

• TERI REES WANG

March 16, 2010 | Reply

Go visit Palm Cycle in Culver City, on Motor & Venice. All your vintage bike wet dreams will come true.

P.S. How did you get that last shot of ME?!

• Violet

March 16, 2010 | Reply

you guys look so cute together on your new bikes… whose idea was it?

cant wait to see the diy.., i can only guess that i will be in awe of it lol

XX
    Vi from Cali

• Kitty Stampede

March 16, 2010 | Reply

CUTE!!!! I love old bikes, obsessed actually too..hehe. I keep driving by this purple vintage one in a window and its driving me nuts…
    you guys are so adorable.

• Katie

March 16, 2010 | Reply

You look great on your bike! My husband has been bugging me for years for us to get bikes but I’m extremely clumsy and am afraid that I HAVE forgotten how to ride one haha.

• Sniff

March 16, 2010 | Reply

I think your bike is so cool! To me it looks like it’s practially begging to be taken for a ride to be shown off.

Tomorrow I’ll be digging my own bike out of the snow and take it to the bike shop to have the brakes and everything else checked before spring. The snow is melting away from the streets now, and it’ll soon be time for using it.

• wishful nals

March 16, 2010 | Reply

the last photo definitely gave me a chuckle or two.. xo!

• X

March 16, 2010 | Reply

How funny, my hubs and I just got new bikes and we also haven’t ridden in years! Riding together is so much fun, you guys will enjoy it ;-)

• erin

March 16, 2010 | Reply

APRONS! i am SO sick of apron posts!

anyway, now that we have that off our chests, you look very cute on your new bike! i’m jealous. of the bike and your warm weather. :)

• Cindy

March 16, 2010 | Reply

I can’t wait to start riding my bike. The weather is finally perfect for it!

ox,
    Cindy

March 17, 2010 | Reply

you guys look like big, happy kids on your fab new wheels!!! so fun!!!

March 17, 2010 | Reply

Years ago, we would go to our friend’s Clearlake cabin and ride twin “3-wheel” bikes (adult tricycles)!! We had so much fun. Early in the morning, we rode to the local small market and loaded our tricycles’ (large) baskets with groceries. Brings back memories. Wish there would be a “new trend” of riding 3-wheel bikes around here. Too much traffic, I guess. And too much of a distraction for motorists. (I have never been able to ride a regular bike……..no balance whatsoever.) Well, enjoy your bikes. There is nothing like the warm summer breeze when riding a bike! Very energizing.

• couture love

March 17, 2010 | Reply

This comment has been removed by the author.

• fashion court

March 17, 2010 | Reply

i wanted the liberty of london for target bike..but then i realized i have no idea how to ride a bike. i was an only child and no one ever taught me haha. you make it look fabulous though!

• Nicole Marie

March 17, 2010 | Reply

oh my gosh you guys are so cute!! i’ve only ridden my bike once because the sf hills are killer!

• GirlNextDoorVintage

March 17, 2010 | Reply

Such a cute bike! I think it has a really vintage look already. :) Hope you guys take tons of fun trips on the new bikes!

And thanks so much for realistic bike pictures! :) I just get all jealous of those girls who seemingly are able to bike in 4″ heels and wasp-waisted vintage dresses. Last summer I got a new-old bike – a 60s cruiser in bright indigo – that would make a great picture if I weren’t puffing along in rush-hour traffic wearing old converse, carrying my real shoes, and trying not to fall over from my overstuffed tote dangling from the handlebars.

• Amanda

March 17, 2010 | Reply

OOOoooo, Maeggy, my dear…
    …you gots yahself a cruiser bike!
    Perfect for food-shopping trips.

My boyf’s been “bike-man” since he was a kid, and made me a born-again biker about two years ago.

Last May I bought my very own bike! <3 it soooo much.
    I’ll be posting my cheese-ball cliche ‘BIKE POSTS’ when the weather’s warmer here in NYC…it’s getting there…so the posts’ll be next!!

Ideally, I’ll need to cut me some bangs and be grasping some balloons buh-lowin’ in the wind whilest riding my bike. Haa haa!

Ummm…yeah…enjoy your bike.
    Love it. :)

• Annie Spandex

March 17, 2010 | Reply

That top pic looks so much like my mother it stopped me for a moment! And you look cute as can be on your bike :)

• Whitney Gray

March 17, 2010 | Reply

ACTUALLY, I’M KIND OF LIKING THE PLAID HIGH-WAIST PANTS IN TOP PHOTO. LIKE THE ENTIRE VINTAGE LOOK: SWEATER AND ALL! I USED TO SEW (MANY YEARS AGO)…TOO LAZY TO MAKE THE PANTS………MIGHT TRY TO FIND SOME SKINNY PLAID PANTS SOMEWHERE!

• Kara

March 17, 2010 | Reply

Dude, you look adorable in jeans and a tee. Super cute. I love beach cruisers! And who cares about cliches or trends or whatever – you’re badass and you can do whateva you want on your own blog!

• Deconstruction

March 17, 2010 | Reply

Just wanted to drop by and let you know that I posted a little shout-out to your blog today! I really admire your blog. Also, thank you for publicizing the link for the 30-something bloggers group… I just joined.

• myedit

March 17, 2010 | Reply

To add to the list of cliches (where is amy damn accent thing on the computer?)… pigeon toe stances and graffiti walls, both of which I have sadly exploited on my blog… I’m done with the pigeon toe stance though, I swear…
    I actually have an awesome vintage bike taht i scored for $10 but I’m scared to ride it around here. I love my neighbourhood but that is scary shit!
    You guys look adorable on your new mode of transportation!!

• Alex

March 17, 2010 | Reply

Bloggers must be connected somehow. I can think of an idea or thought or whatever and a day later it’ll end up on someones blog. The day you posted this I told my husband I wanted to get bikes. Like you I want something cute and vintage looking (The liberty of London one from Target is adorable!) but I’m told I need something with brakes and gears. Not pink and flowers :-P

• RidingPretty

March 17, 2010 | Reply

Oh, Bicycle Obsessed! Yes!!!
    Good for you for taking it easy to start — besides you look so comfy riding yr in T-shirt and jeans;) I can only imagine how you customize your bicycle!
    I’m also obsessed with bicycles (and fashion)…

Happy Riding!

• Mara

March 18, 2010 | Reply

love the bikes! where did you get them ? (I live in Studio City too)

• Chessa!

March 23, 2010 | Reply

hooray for bikes! we rent them and ride when we’re out inthe country. it’s so fun.