Completely Gratuitous Outfit Post

jeans blazer lace up boots 6 sharp

jeans blazer lace up boots 5 sharp

jeans blazer lace up boots 3 sharp

jeans blazer lace up boots 1 -crop

sam edelman lace up boots saddle tan booties

jeans blazer lace up boots 2 sharp

What I’m Wearing
* NEW Paige Premium Denim “Debonair” 11″ Jeans in Rebel Without A Cause Wash {mentioned here} …jeans are so tricky to fit. I bought two pairs of jeans, both in a size 29 and these are a bit baggy on top and the True Religion are pretty much skin tight. I almost sent these back but grew to appreciate the extra room in the seat, hips and waist. I liked the way they looked and thought they would prove appropriately comfortable around the menstruation weeks. Final thought: I love them.
* Forever 21 rose pink blouse …also seen here with pearls {two strands}
* Heritage 1981 gray long cardigan
* Vintage cognac thick corduroy blazer
* Sam Edelman cognac “Venice” Leather Peep-Toe Granny Boot …scored these from Giltbut they’re here -on sale …they are so comfy they might just be my new favorite shoe.
* Vintage textured pearls …these were my Grandma’s, gold hoops, D&G gold watch, gold stacking rings
* Zac Posen bag from last year …a Gilt Group purchase, of course
* Tom Ford sunnies
* Hair: slept in a very loose French braid and took it out in the morning. Ea-sy.
* Location: Beverly Hills residential

I woke up this morning 30 minutes before I wanted needed to so instead of trying to fall back to sleep, I laid {lay? lie?} in bed and thought about everything I was grateful for …and I can’t confirm or deny the fact that I had a really, really great day because of it. It also happens to be Spring Break which means about 50% less traffic in Los Angeles, and that alone dignifies arms raised in the air in praise. But I found myself laughing and giggling and just generally relaxed and smiling more all day long. So if all it takes is 30 minutes of gratitude {while stretching body in bed in the morning} then I’m totally in …and seriously, why haven’t I tried this sooner? …oh yeah, I must enjoy misery ;)

sam edelman boots pearls gold jewelry paige premium denim jeans

sam edelman boots french bulldog

* Body Stats

* Shop my Top Picks!

Share/Bookmark

• Iva

March 31, 2010 | Reply

amazing!!! I love this outfit and I love the color of these jeans! super! and these boots are gorgeous! and the last picture totally makes me giggle!! {and I read about laying in bed before getting up and thinking of all the things you are grateful for in ‘The Secret’ and I think I did it a few times there after and slowly stopped doing it!! BUT thank you so much for the reminder because you are totally right it is SO WORTH it!!….just really glad that you are smiling and happy!!! no matter what!!!} you look beautiful as always!! Have a great day Maegan!!

• Hollywood

March 31, 2010 | Reply

You look fabulous I am loving your hair like this…The weather is Beautiful I am a little jealous…just a little.

• JKreids

March 31, 2010 | Reply

:-D!! Look at that pug face!!!

Now THAT will get you smiling as much as a gratitude list!!!

• Karisa Tells All

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Ooh I like the pairing of the girly shirt and pearls with the blazer! Your outfits always inspire me.

I’m going to have to try your little pick-me-up tip sometime. I’m definitely in need of a pick-me-up.

• God's Favorite Shoes!

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Those booties are the business! You look great…bla bla bla…you always do!

I see you are wearing some Tom Ford sunnies…Why did I stumbled into SAKS sunglasses dept last night and decided at that moment that Tom Ford the person, the man, the designer, the movie director, the machine must become my baby daddy?!?

I tried on some bad ass Sunglasses that made me feel like how Wonder Woman must feel everyday of her life! They were awesome! I mean “kick somebody in theface if they tried to snatch them off my face” awesome.

Then I got sad.

Because “dem hoes” were $420!!! I can’t afford that! Then I got very very angry at Tom Ford and stomped out of SAKS. He doesn’t deserve my admiration for that ridiculous price!

I’m thinking about alerting the powers that be at Target to make some knock offs! Me and Target are cool like that!

I.AM.SO.DAMN.SORRY.THAT.THIS.IS.SO.RANDOM.AND.SO.LONG!

I should have just posted about this huh…but I thought you should know since you and Mr. Ford seem to be in cahoots to hate me:)

Okay.Bye.

Oh yeah…hot outfit! LOL

• hiyaluv

looking fabulous!!! :)smiles, gina

• Glamour Bbey.

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Awesome look like always!

• Glamour Bbey.

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Awesome look like always!

• Kayla

March 31, 2010 | Reply

I love it. I love the disheveled put together look.

• FASHION SNAG

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Love the boots and all the layering on top! Great job. Also, your dog is so cute in that photo! xo

• anhesty

March 31, 2010 | Reply

your outfit is well put together. love all the layers. i sooo want those booties but too bad i need a size 6!

• Nicole Marie

March 31, 2010 | Reply

aww i’m glad you had a great day. plus the sun is shining and not raining like its supposed to be!! woohoo!

• amy jo

March 31, 2010 | Reply

the outfit is amazing…colors, combination, every piece.

• stacy

March 31, 2010 | Reply

feeling gratitude is like enjoying heaven on earth.

glad you had such a great day.

i’m grateful for your blog… it makes me happy.

• Gwen

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Love the shoes and of course the puppy shot!!! :)

I think I might need to try this positive thinking first thing in the morning. Maybe I can say positive things to myself while I run (which I’m going to hopefully start tomorrow morning). :)

XOXO

• Fabulocity in Amish Country

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Love this look on you!!! Those shoes rockkkkkkkk! :)

• missDTM

March 31, 2010 | Reply

oooo maegan…i love this outfit on you. the layers are perfect.

and second–my best friend and i usually email each other at least 2-3 times a week (we don’t see each other often since she’s working and in school and i’m busy working) and at the end of every email, we always write something that we are grateful for. she started the tradition about a year ago and we’ve never stopped finding something new. it is always my favorite part of her emails (besides when she tells me how awesome i am! hehe)and it always makes my day a little brighter.

• Nadine

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Love this, especially the grey/brown/denim combo. You are such an inspiration! It’s autumn here and I’ve been buying jeans and thinking ‘WWMW’?. (What Would Maegan Wear)

I’m so impressed you can sleep with your hair all tied up in these various ways. I can sleep with mine in a bun on the top of my head and that’s it. Anything else would be annoying . .

• Nikosmommy

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Gah! Love the brown on you!! Definitely one of ‘your’ colours!

• Katie

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Love how you started your day. Need to try that myself.

March 31, 2010 | Reply

HHAHAHAHA!! that last shot! luhROY is looking right at me!

and your outfit is fab.

and yesterday was a giggle fest for some reason. those days are the best!

may many more days like that come your way! AND MINE! hahahah

• monokini

March 31, 2010 | Reply

hey Maegan, what do think about striped dresses? I found one at sister’s point and can’t decide wether I want a black and grey or black and nude striped.. which one is better? :)

Kristina

• Jill

Your Baby is thinking…
    “Whatchu talkin’ bout Maegan?!?”

Misery sucks.

She looks like a tough cookie sporting her pearls!

• J

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Wow, I L-O-V-E those boots!

March 31, 2010 | Reply

DARN, I GAVE AWAY A COGNAC COTTON VELVET JACKET YEARS AGO. (SECRETLY WISH I WOULD HAVE KEPT IT!) LOVE YOUR OUTFIT. WISH ME LUCK FINDING ANOTHER JACKET SIMILAR TO THE ONE I HAD.

• Celine

March 31, 2010 | Reply

Dude. I need those boots. Bad influence, you are. :)

flnw.blogspot.com

• Panty Buns

March 31, 2010 | Reply

I love that Forever 21 pink blouse you’re wearing. Hope you don’t mind me saying it but you look great from behind too in that third photo.

March 31, 2010 | Reply

you look fabulous! Love it all!

• Lorena

March 31, 2010 | Reply

I don’t know HOW you do it… but you always manage to look sooo modern, fresh and pretty !
    Hugs

• Chessa!

March 31, 2010 | Reply

I am in love with those shoes!
    and I love how you spent your morning. I have to do that more often. It’s been very dreary and wet here in NYC for the last few days and today the sun FINALLY came out..so I was thankful for that. xo

• Amanda

LAyerssss!

• Deborah

April 1, 2010 | Reply

OMG – the puppy with the pearls! How adorable is that?

• anotherfishinthesea

April 1, 2010 | Reply

I think I’ll spend some time thinking about things and people I am thankful for tomorrow. My last two weeks have been extremely hard and I think that is a good way to start a day off on a better foot…
    and the pups with the pearls, ridiculously cute. i want one for myself!!!

• Chelsea

April 1, 2010 | Reply

There’s not one piece that I don’t love. Great items!!
    My Life in Style

• Michelle {Things I Love}

April 1, 2010 | Reply

Beautiful! I love the pop of the pink top.

April 1, 2010 | Reply

We should all lie/lay in bed (or on a lawn/grass) everyday and think about how grateful we are for the simple things in life. Thanks, Maegan, for this important reminder.

• dreamylacey

April 1, 2010 | Reply

I like it and nice dog!!! I love the photo with the dog

• Fashion Meets Food

April 1, 2010 | Reply

How fabulous do you look! Love the photos! You’re beautiful and have crazy fabulous style!

• Fee-AMore

April 1, 2010 | Reply

I really like this outfit of yours. You looked amazing.

• Annie Spandex

April 1, 2010 | Reply

Beautiful! And that last pic is priceless! :)

• 6roove

April 1, 2010 | Reply

great! I like especially the rose lace accent and fantastic boots!

kisses :)
    Watching the waves

• jefhcardoso

April 1, 2010 | Reply

Olá! Sou Jefhcardoso do http://jefhcardoso.blogspot.com e estou indo de blog em blog para conhecer mundos.
    Num desses passeios encontrei os blogs femininos e achei interessante a grande quantidade de seguidores e o trabalho muito profissional destes blogs.
    Pensei: _Será que moças vaidosas curtem literatura?! Afinal muitas são blogueiras e quase todas são dadas a leitura…
    Decidi então entrar em contato com as seguidoras, seguidas, e contatos, a fim de descobrir se meu blog de contos é capaz de agradar essas moças vaidosas e tal.
    Agradeço a atenção e quero a sua opinião. Abraço!

• Frou Flu

April 1, 2010 | Reply

i love the shoes!:) and your dog is so damn cute:)

• Nikki Aimee

April 1, 2010 | Reply

Oh my GOSH… I love this outfit!!
    The colors mesh well together and the shoes are the business!

• Pretty Little World

April 1, 2010 | Reply

Such a great outfit! And what a wonderful way to begin and spend your day!!

Also, that last pic of your pup is super cute!

• Purse Addict

April 2, 2010 | Reply

LOL, awww, your puppy looks so cute with the pearls!

• gina

April 3, 2010 | Reply

I love the colors of your tops together.

The puppy is soooo cute, and the puppy is wearing your pearls!

• *chameleon*

November 27, 2010 | Reply

ok so i had to write u this!:) first of all u look amazing,your outfits are fabulous,i really like your style ’cause u have the similar (i don’t want to say the same,lol) taste as me!!:) i’ve started with blogging maybe 10 days ago,cause after all tryings i thought this would be the best way to express my creativity,and my clear idea how my blog should like is parallel with yours!:) so thank u for giving me the inspiration to continue in my own way!!:) i don’t want to ask from u to check my blog,just to tell u that i follow u!and again it’s so good i know now about your blog!
    Jelena

• Open Bank Account Online

May 10, 2012 | Reply

I am amazed after reading your article.it ‘s really nice. please write more like this.

• Website Homepage

November 5, 2012 | Reply

the outfit is amazing…colors, combination, every piece.

Website Homepage