Console Me

In my search for the perfect bed side tables for our master bedroom, I’ve decided upon matching console tables, preferably vintage, and possibly with a bit of storage to keep excess clutter at bay. We have quite a bit of room on either side of our bed and since it’s about 30″ tall, regular old night stands will just not do {because they are too short}.

image from stellas roar

This frame from Stella’s Roar sort of epitomizes the look and feel I’m going for but I’m also open to something completely funky as well. Here are a few tables that are in the running {some of which are budget friendly and some are not}, however, I do stop by local thrift and consignment shops at least once a week hoping to stumble upon some perfectly affordable treasures in the console table category.

Contemporary Console Table with Glass Top

Picture 3
Horchow Gold Mirrored Console

Share/Bookmark

• dancinginchiffon

• Jacqueline

March 2, 2010 | Reply

Horchow has some great pieces! I love browsing their stuff online. Good luck Maegan! xo

• Bruce

March 2, 2010 | Reply

Don’t ask me….I am a guy….cinderblox and particle board have always worked for me.

• Belle de Ville

March 2, 2010 | Reply

I like the first table because it has clean lines and a shelf for books. I also like the red console because the red would look great with your brown leather.

• Jessie77

March 2, 2010 | Reply

ooh those are lovely, and what a great idea instead of the normal nightstands. I especially love the twig one.

-jessie
    My Delusional Mind

• Lisa Petrarca

March 2, 2010 | Reply

So many choices…so little time!

That’s a hard one, guess you’ll just KNOW when you see “the one”.

• lanacarmel

Hi Maegan,

I love your blog and read it all the time. Your inspiration pieces reminded me of a console table in DIY magazine that I LOVED. Unfortunately, I can’t find images online anywhere, but I took some photos of the spread. Basically, you buy a basic console table and add architectural brackets and paint it. You could paint some tables gold and then antique them, if you felt like doing a diy project!

Photos here: http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/lanacarmel/?action=view&current=CIMG0004.jpg
    and http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m31/lanacarmel/?action=view&current=CIMG0003.jpg

Then you buy brackets here: http://vintagewoodworks.com/brackets.html and add them on. Could be an awesome addition to your DIY collection!

Lana
    lovelitstudio.etsy.com

• The Style Revolution

March 2, 2010 | Reply

Horchow Rocks..Love their stuff!

• Jill

March 2, 2010 | Reply

Well, that was a nice surprise! Don’t you love the frame?! It reminds me of Venice. I found it in an antique shop in Houston I used to haunt. I really love the Asian console tables you chose. Have you checked out Room and Board? They have a great website. Keep us posted on what you decide.

• ShellSpann

March 2, 2010 | Reply

Oh my goodness I love them all!

• ~alison

March 2, 2010 | Reply

oooh, I LOVE the two Chinese tables! The Sage is my fav!

• steph

March 2, 2010 | Reply

ooh great choices! love them!

• ~ Kelly Ann ♥

March 2, 2010 | Reply

I love the twig table- Maybe try overstock.com or http://www.ballarddesigns.com-

FYI-New Art Work Available for Purchase! A little bit of this, little bit of that–

Have a great day!

Kelly

• anhesty

March 2, 2010 | Reply

i have been looking for a console/buffet for my dining room and its been so hard to find the perfect one! i found one at the great indoors once but the quality was terrible and the service at the store was just as bad… i have been eyeing the ones on overstock.com. they have great deals on that site.

• Jill

• Gmr

March 2, 2010 | Reply

I love the Contemporary Console Table with Glass Top one, ’cause its light and you can storage in it!

sure you’ll find the perfect one!

XOXO

• FELINE.

March 2, 2010 | Reply

LOVE the picture with the green pots
    ♥ lovely

March 2, 2010 | Reply

CONSOLE ME!!! b ahahahha! i choked on my nana (banana) when reading that title!!!

the green one is the best. fark! wish you could find it in a friendly price!!!

• anotherfishinthesea

March 2, 2010 | Reply

i lurve the twig table. yes please.

• Maeko @ thereafterish.

March 3, 2010 | Reply

The twig one definitely looks the best to me. If you want to do vintage, though, why don’t you pull a design sponge DIY and fix up an antique you pull out of one of the most amazing antique malls you undoubtedly have littered around the greater LA area?

• Iva

March 3, 2010 | Reply

I LOVE the green one!! AMAZING!!!

March 3, 2010 | Reply

YOU ARE TOO WITTY!! (CONSOLE ME) I LOVE ALL OF THE TABLES……..I WILL HAVE TO GO BACK AND CHOOSE ONE OR TWO…….TOUGH DECISION. AS I RECALL, I LIKED THE ANTIQUED WHITE. BUT, THEN, THERE WAS A MODERN ONE, TOO…………p.s. It is raining again here. Rain for three days, then one day of Sunshine! When will we see Spring?

• Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels

March 7, 2010 | Reply

ooooh, LOVE! I really need a console table but here in Switzerland there isn’t nearly as much choice as in the US. I miss Pottery Barn, I know I would have found one there…

I’m getting ready to hunt one down at flea markets!

• prashant