* Knobs *

blue+white+beach+master+bedroom

I’m slowly working on completing our master bedroom decor, and now I’m currently on the hunt for some decorative knobs to replace the ones residing on the cupboards above my husband’s closet. Normally I would just leave these fairly unnoticeable white ball knobs but one is missing so they must all be replaced. Which also leaves me thinking about replacing the knobs on the shutters as well to match. And because the mirrored closet doors are flanked with gold/brass, that is the direction I am leaning towards along with blue, white, and maybe even a terra cotta color. Here are some in the running . . .

black+white+anthropologie+flower+knob

I spotted these {above} in a magazine a couple weeks ago from Anthropologie and fell in love. However, they are painted black and not blue so that {along with my distaste for all things Anthro} left me searching for more. But I do love the design, I think it’s my favorite. *note: my hatred for Anthropologie comes from the fact that I think they rip off vintage looks and retail them for far more than they are worth. there’s also this . . . However, I may just have to suck it up in this case, swallow my morals and buy a few effing knobs because they are just too good to pass up.

blue+white+striped+floral+brass+knob
Blue White Wave Handpainted Ceramic Cabinet Drawer Knob ~ Ebay

brass+gold+flower+shaped+dresser+knobs
Mercury Glass Melon Knob Gold ~ Anthropologie

robe+beach+knob
Coiled Rope Knob ~ Anthropologie

blue+flower+brass+knob
Royal Blue Glass Star knob ~Ebay

blue+white+star+knobs
White and blue Star knob ~Ebay

mother of pearl knobs
Mother-of-Pearl Knob ~ Anthropologie

There are quite a lot that will work …so many that I’m thinking about getting 4 entirely different ones …but I dunno. I haven’t quite made up my mind on the direction I want to go with them. Blue? Brass? Rope? Painted? Glass? …they’re all kind of great.

Share/Bookmark

• Iva

April 9, 2010 | Reply

these are all so awesome!!! {even all the anthropolgie ones lol!!} ack. I can’t say suck it up, especially where your morals are ;) and if you will look at them and always be annoyed that they are from Anthropologie, then I worry you’ll like them less with time, because of where they are from. hmm. They are really nice for sure though…maybe try and search a bit more and see …maybe even better ones that you will LOVE entirely are out there!! {maybe rope ones for out to your pool? ;) }

one of each is a good call lol !!

• Jennine

April 9, 2010 | Reply

These are all great… We are doing our bedroom too and I just might buy one of these knobs… Though we have a white theme..

The only things I’ve bought at anthropology is a $5 lip balm and an $9 barette 10 years ago when I first saw them. I went in two weeks ago to look for duvet covers and the ones half off were $178 and super ugly with a thread count of 5. I just went around the corner to cb2 and picked up a whole set for $125 full price. So in other words… Anthropology blows.

• bananas.

April 9, 2010 | Reply

your master is so nice! i love all the natural light.

whatever knobs you choose it will look fab fo sho!

• Amber

April 9, 2010 | Reply

omg i love those glass star ones!

Althoug the whoel I read your post, all i could think of was a knob joke. I need to grow up!

• josephine

April 9, 2010 | Reply

eff Anthropologie. I feel like they make vintage less special somehow since the styles become so common. Plus, it’s all about reusing and recycling! eBay all the way – I had ones like those blue glass stars that I LOVED.

• Karisa Tells All

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I like the dark blue ones best! And bonus–not from anthro :)

• Lisa Petrarca

April 9, 2010 | Reply

You are so good Maegan…perfection all the way down to door knobs!

K, if one was missing in my new house, knowing me I’d hunt for the closest thing I could find and throw it on!LOL!

You inspire me to pay attention to detail. Happy Almost Friday!!

• LifestyleBohemia

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I would just get the anthropologie ones. I was on the hunt for knobs for my old built-in-closet system and ordered various samples from different sources. I ended up choosing the anthropologie ones. None of the others fit or looked right.

• duckalicious

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I first thought they were earrings :D they’d make great earrings, wouldn’t they?

• hannahhloves

April 9, 2010 | Reply

i love the glass blue star one and the anthro mother of pearl one too! ( : great picks!

• almalu

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I adore the last ones from Athropologie!!!

• Aurea

April 9, 2010 | Reply

Here in Sweden we have Indiska, and there is were I bought the knobs to my kitchen, they cost like 3 dollars each. And you can see them here, http://indiska.com/system/search/product.asp?id=3216&c=124&page=1&rnum=5 ´but they are probably too big. They have also this ones http://indiska.com/system/search/product.asp?id=3215&c=124&page=1&rnum=6 Good luck in your search!

• mizbonnieparker

April 9, 2010 | Reply

Zara Home has great home decor stuff too : http://www.zarahome.com/shop/gb/en/zara-home/category/Knobs+&+Curtain+Holders/72462/-1/-2

But I don’t know if they deliver in the USA…

• Schnelle

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I think they’re all great but my favorites are the royal blue and the gold. I agree with you, Anthropologie is overpriced but they do have a lot of unique stock that I love. As far as their home decor stuff, I can usually find a good dupe some other place like ebay.

• Lauren

April 9, 2010 | Reply

If you have a hobby lobby near by, they also have a wide variety of knobs like this and they run sales alllll the time!

• FASHION SNAG

April 9, 2010 | Reply

These are some of the cutest knobs I have ever seen! x

• Misty @ The DoanGang

April 9, 2010 | Reply

The blue star ones are my FAVE! They’re gorgeous!

As for the whole Anthro thing< I’m right there with you. I can’t get behind all that waste. It makes me sick, even if it’s “corporate america” and not the company itself. Gagma.

April 9, 2010 | Reply

The gold mercury glass are my favorites. Second: the blue star. Beautiful bedroom……….I love white/blue theme.

April 9, 2010 | Reply

P.S. I meant: Second: the blue GLASS star. (Ebay)

• J-Ezzy

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I do love them all, esp the blue glass and mother of pearl ones! But I know whatever you pick, it’ll be fabulous!!

• Angela

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I do love the blue wave ebay ones. However, then you’re always going to need to stay with a kind of blue theme. I equally love the Mother-of-Pearl and Mercury glass ones, which would let you switch up the color down the road. And, you’re most likely going to change the color before you change the gold trim on your closet doors. OR, you could PAINT the trim! Thrifty Decor Chic and The Nester would have great tips on that. They’ve both painted brass stuff before and it’s turned out great. Then you wouldn’t be as stuck with your knobs. Okay, that last line sounds funny. We’re all kind of “stuck” with our “knobs”… unless we get surgery. =^)

• Gwen

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I like the blue star ones from eBay best. But…its pretty simple to change that brass color around your mirrors if you don’t want to be stuck with brass. Please post a finished view when you have the new gorgeous knobs in place!! XOXO

• Lorena

April 9, 2010 | Reply

Like the blue glass stars…
    That is if that’s going to be your comforter for some time.. blue.
    I would go for replacing them with simple ones, white is good, they go unnoticed.

• Michelle

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I love the blue and mercury glass knobs – so beautiful!

• Katy

April 9, 2010 | Reply

Do you have a Hobby Lobby out where you are? They have Anthropologie-esque knobs you might like…

• jenn

April 9, 2010 | Reply

i LOVE the blue glass stars :o )

• Monique

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I like the glass star knob! I stumbled on this blog today, the guy had a video posted of a time lapse video of Mark Ryden painting. I think it’s the fifth post down. Thought you might like…

• Bella

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I love the knots! They remind me of something I’d hope to find at an island resort!

I found these by chance while sifting through Etsy!

• Lindsey

April 9, 2010 | Reply

Wish I could find the blue glass knobs I bought while living in Palm Springs. They’d go great in your new master.

• J-Diggety

April 9, 2010 | Reply

Each of those knobs are beautiful in their own right… if I was to choose, tho, I’d go with ones with blues in them, either the blue and white or the solid blue. The solid royal blue glass stars are like jewels, like you have sapphires in your bedroom! So fun :)

And I had no idea about Anthro or UO… I went back and read your post from Nov ’08… serious food for thought to reconsider shopping in either store.

Happy weekend!
    xoxo J

• Chrissy

April 9, 2010 | Reply

I really like the blue and white wave knobs and the white and blue star knobs. My favorite are the mother-of-pearl knobs though. They are so lovely and you won’t be stuck with the blues in case you want to re-decorate the bedroom (again).

• Jennie

April 9, 2010 | Reply

DIY? It would be fun to see handmade knobs. I know I’d love to replace some, in the house at some point.

• ...love Maegan

April 9, 2010 | Reply

ooh, so many great suggestions. I love this. I really love the mother of pearl ones … but I also lean toward the royal blue glass stars as well …and the knots …I kind of like Jennie’s idea of DIYing them …I could just buy white ones and paint them.

April 9, 2010 | Reply

i had never heard of this anthro story before…..kind of sad. There stuff is amazing though…and it’s too bad they don’t mark down their prices and SELL the stuff (they sell a lot more).

Stick to your morals! Do a DIY or buy off of ebay!!!

• josie(bean)

April 9, 2010 | Reply

oh wow, i really really love them all! i also wouldnt normally consider changing such small aspects of my house, but i totally adore small but intricate details like this. hope you end up finding the perfect ones for your pad, and have a wonderful weekend :)

KNOBS

hahahahahah

KNOBS

best post title i’ve seen in a while. :)

• teamSL8B

April 9, 2010 | Reply

wow, the room looks great! i love all of the choices! another awesome place i’ve found knobs before was the pasadena flea mart. TONS of awesome vintage knobs for really reasonable prices. have a great weekend!

• anhesty

April 9, 2010 | Reply

i love knobs! i bought a bunch from anthro, hobby lobby, and michaels. but not sure what to do with them… i have so many places i want to put them but not sure…..

• Jennie

April 9, 2010 | Reply

Would Gold leaf Foil stay on the knobs if they were a DIY? Or would It need to have a clear top coat? Would love to see a picture of the cupboards. Just been thinking of some gorgeous Ideas for you… I’m sure yours would be more fabulous than imaginable.

• X

April 10, 2010 | Reply

I think the rope ones would do nicely… imho :-)

• Jill

April 10, 2010 | Reply

I like the last ones, but I’m biased. I have these on my side of our bathroom…but they’re oval. Your bedroom is coming along nicely!

• Cristina

April 10, 2010 | Reply

My favorites and the ones I think go better with the decor you currently have on your bedroom are the white and blue star knobs from ebay.
    I love DIY and I’ve made something similar to a knob that I think could work for you… I’ll take pics of it and show you!

• Talia

April 11, 2010 | Reply

The glass and mother of pearl knobs are both gorgeous, classy and completely timeless. You are less likely of getting sick of having them around.

They definitely have my vote.

• mkmfashion

April 12, 2010 | Reply

Love all of those earrings!!

On my blog it’s time for some sale! My glasses is going out of my house!!;) So you can just check them out if you want!

XoXo Madeleine

• Aleksandra

April 18, 2010 | Reply

i do love those – Mother-of-Pearl Knob – couse i adore pearls :)
    i think u should consider also-Royal Blue Glass Star knob- couse the color is perfect for the pic u showed.

anyway greatings from polish girl in denmark :) i’m big fan of your blog btw !
    Alex