Completely Gratuitous Outfit Post

George Nelson Marshmallow sofa+louis vuitton bag+vintage slip

snakeskin wedges -2

George Nelson Marshmallow sofa+louis vuitton bag+vintage slip -4process

belted slip gray

vintage slip+cardigan-+louis vuitton speedy-og

vintage slip+cardigan+belted+louis vuitton-1

I decided since I hadn’t shot my outfits in the gallery in ages, I’d stay a few minutes after work and take a few on the George Nelson Marshmalow couch …and with the camera I’m using now, it’s clear that it prefers indoor shots to outdoor, all which come out blurry. Though I did shoot a few around the corner from the car dealership before buying my car out of it’s 2year lease just to further prove my point ;)

vintage silk slip skirt

What I’m Wearing
* Vintage navy silk slip …I’ve had this slip forever and I can’t remember if I found it at a vintage shop or if it was my grandma’s …but there’s a bit of alteration at the bottom, near the lace, to shorten it, so I’m guessing it was my grandma’s. At any rate, it’s so old {and so soft}, the elastic at the waist is completely gone, so in lieu of replacing the elastic {which I will do someday} I belted it, paper bag style. This is one of my absolute favorite pieces in my closet so no matter what I will probably never get rid of it.
* Forever 21 white t-shirt
* Heritage 1981 gray cardigan
* light gray/silvery belt…can’t remember
* Michael Antonio faux gray/silver snakeskin wedges …had these forever
* Louis Vuitton speedy bag
* Tiffany silver lock pendant/chain …gift from husband in 2005 maybe?
* White gold hoop earrings …gift from mom ages ago :)
* D&G mirror watch …from a Gilt sale

Any LOSTies here? Thoughts on last night’s episode? My mom generously gives up her time to watch her granddaughter every Tuesday night so the Bro+SIL can come over and watch it with us -Thanks Mom!- and we all thought it was a LAME WASTE OF TIME last night! Thanks LOST, for giving us NOTHING! Even my husband’s favorite website IGN gave it a low 6.8 review. Though we are ridiculously excited about the all-out Sunday extravaganza coming in a few weeks!

George Nelson Marshmallow sofa+louis vuitton bag+vintage slip -5

* Body Stats
* Shop my Top Picks!

Share/Bookmark

• Dip-tea

The skirt looks divine!

• Cheryl Ann

May 12, 2010 | Reply

Daily reader of your blog, yet never comment! I know I should, so here it goes…

LOVE the slip. gorgeous color and so so adorable. also, rad shoes.

LOSTie through and through – last week’s episode had me bawling my eyes out, and this week’s made me want to put my fist through the TV. to say I am nervous about how this whole thing wraps up is a gross understatment…

• Celine

May 12, 2010 | Reply

That slip/skirt is stunning!

flnw.blogspot.com

• Tiffany*

May 12, 2010 | Reply

I’m so in love with your skirt! The color is gorgeous! Also, your hair looks fab in these pictures :)
    Enjoy your day!
    beijos-Tiffany-http://imashoewhore.blogspot.com

• Bruce

May 12, 2010 | Reply

Love the classic look of this.

• Naomi

May 12, 2010 | Reply

I love the skirt as well. I have a weak spot for lace….love it.

And yes…..the Lost episode was a FAIL and so disappointing. I’m not sure it helped in the overall storyline of the show. And if they wanted this episode, maybe they should have aired it early on in the season not right at the end. Plus after how last week ended, I expected some sort of follow up to the sub getting sunk.

• Iva

May 12, 2010 | Reply

you look totally beautiful! and I am so glad you are saying that about the indoor/outdoor with your camera! I keep saying that about mine! It LOVES the indoors, everything is so clear and you can see every.last.tiny. DETAIL. But outdoors everything is more blurry and details are impossible to catch! BOOO! I love your gallery pictures! I love that skirt and I am glad you are out of your 2 year lease and the proud owner now :)

thats so nice of your mom! :) What an awesome family you all are! I dont watch Lost! sorry, no comment on it! haha

Have a great day Maegan!

• belleinthenorth

May 12, 2010 | Reply

Last night’s LOST gave us a bunch of answers!

• TERI REES WANG

May 12, 2010 | Reply

I think the silk navy is smart with the soft grey and the shimmer silver slippers, and so sexy as well.

• Victoria

May 12, 2010 | Reply

I watch it :) Not sure how far ahead the US is though. I can’t wait for the finale!

You look stunning in these pics. x

• Summer {Bisfor...}

today’s outfit gets an A +++

• Meg Fee

May 12, 2010 | Reply

oh to have a silk slip like that. gorgeous!

• daer0n

May 12, 2010 | Reply

I love the whole outfit and your hair looks fabulous. The shoes, -sigh- to die for.

This is one of my very favorite looks from you :)
    First photo is my favorite as well.

• Andi

May 12, 2010 | Reply

Beautiful images, love them!
    That slip is to die for, love the whole combo.

• Marie Z.

May 12, 2010 | Reply

Hi! Cute blog : ) I just came across it. I adore your navy skirt! Great photos, too!

Marie
    xoxo

• Lexy

May 12, 2010 | Reply

perfectly put together outfit!!

Lexy of Beautylicious Fashionista

• A.Co

May 12, 2010 | Reply

I didn’t see Lost last night, but will be streaming it tonight!! However, your comments disappoint me :S hopefully we aren’t disappointed tonight! :S

YAYYYY you bought your car out- congrats!

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

• Sal

May 12, 2010 | Reply

Love those silver accents!

• Mrs. Priss

May 12, 2010 | Reply

OH the adorableness! I freaking love that skirt!

• Mrs. Priss

/slip

• Katie

Love the slip!

I figured after such a big episode last week, last night’s Lost would be disappointing. When it was over I think my husband said “Was that it?” lol. I mean, there’s only a couple of more episodes left!

• Leia

May 12, 2010 | Reply

you look absolutely lovely!

• FASHION SNAG

May 12, 2010 | Reply

Love the skirt and wedges! x

• capperson

May 12, 2010 | Reply

I really LOVE this outfit! I beieve it is one of my favs :) and them shoes are stunning!!!

• Angela

May 12, 2010 | Reply

I loveee this outfit! <3 I love how it has a vintage vibe to it, but is still so polished and chic.

Hope you’re having a great week!

• Amanda

Sooooooooo pretty. *woot woot*

• Megan

May 12, 2010 | Reply

LOVE LOVE LOVE that skirt!! And I am SO excited about the 2 1/2 hour Lost season finale!

• jennine

May 12, 2010 | Reply

george nelson is one of my favorites.. i really wanted the marshmallow sofa, but we got the bench instead, which is good because i can hardly imagine hanging out watching tv on the marshmallow sofa!

it’s too small!

anyway, before i digress… you look lovely.

• ~alison

May 12, 2010 | Reply

So funny! Chad normally hates all episodes of Lost – But last night he really enjoyed it. Funny that you guys hated it and we liked it.

• Brooke

May 12, 2010 | Reply

Cute outfit! I love your hair :)

• Summer

May 12, 2010 | Reply

lookin adorable, as always! =)

btw, wore your DIY tank today and linked it all back to you! I think there will be lots more rockin it soon! lol

• Frances

May 12, 2010 | Reply

Love the outfit! Very cute. I am a LOSTie and I also thought last night’s episode was lame. I hate that the writers are making this whole thing about Jacob and his no-name brother, rather than about the survivors of Oceanic 815.

• Gary Heller

May 12, 2010 | Reply

Well, some things never change. . .your still kickin it and looking great
    Awesome!

• Lyndsy

May 12, 2010 | Reply

Love this entire look! Your hair especially looks gorgeous here :)

• Felicia

May 12, 2010 | Reply

I totally agree about Lost! I just don’t understand why they put that particular episode on so late in the game. I always swore I was going to be utterly disappointed in the ending of this show, and it looks like I was right about that. They seriously better get their shit together!!!

• annemarie

May 13, 2010 | Reply

I love, love, love your blog. That outfit is fantastic; classic with a modern twist. I am a huge lost fan, and wasn’t completely disappointed with last night EXCEPT it kind of steered me off track with the whole point of the show in general and how I was under the impression that it would be way more realistic than it has become…

May 13, 2010 | Reply

Bless you for keeping your grandma’s slip and other items. I have kept my late mom’s altered-near-the-lace slips, too! You are wise to keep and wear items that are clearly sentimental to you. Thanks for the idea of wearing the slip so that it shows at the hemline…I love that idea.

• Ife

May 13, 2010 | Reply

1st of all, you look fabulous as usual.

Now as for the LOST, omg! I am more confused than ever. I’m having a hard time believing all of our questions are gonna be answered when its all over… but oh well, its been fun anyway. Can’t wait for the finale!

• red | hongyi

May 13, 2010 | Reply

what a lovely outfit, and u know, ur eyes are beautiful! and so blue! :)

May 13, 2010 | Reply

P.S. Oops! I thought your navy slip was a navy silk skirt with your grandma’s slip showing underneath. What a beautiful slip. I have a red taffeta vintage slip which could be used as a skirt.

• cassidini

May 13, 2010 | Reply

You look beautiful today. Great hair day!

• Gabby

May 13, 2010 | Reply

I LOVE your outfit. It’s so pretty. And I feel the same way about Lost – a handful of episodes left and that’s what they’re going to do?? Urgh. Next week better be good!

• Sara

May 13, 2010 | Reply

I love that so many of your vintage things have a story behind them! Fabulous styling with the slip as a skirt.

• Kayla

May 13, 2010 | Reply

You look fantastic. I love the skirt and the bag.

• Rasha

gorgeous as always. <3 your skirt

• duckalicious

May 13, 2010 | Reply

oh no, not that bag again! =D

I was annoyed by last ep of Lost, too. come on, give us something already, time is running out!

• Susu Paris Chic

May 13, 2010 | Reply

That vintage silk slip is just pure gorgeous on you! These hues suit you so perfectly. I always get inspired by your outfits. You do femininity-and-modern-chic-combined so well.

• Manda

May 13, 2010 | Reply

you always inspire me to do a little bit more for work – love this outfit. seriously, love.

ugh LOST. can’t wait for Sunday!

• Monique

May 13, 2010 | Reply

LOOOOVE the outfit and the pics. I really want that bench. Does it say on there what company makes it? Or anything? I feel like I have to have one.

• brittneynikkole

May 13, 2010 | Reply

As usual you look absolutely lovely. That slip is gorgeous and it looks so so soft.

As a fellow LOSTie I feel your pain. I was completely underwhelmed by the last episode. I was all geared up for some exciting revelations. Total no go. If the whole thing ends on a note like that I’ll be the most unhappy girl in the world. Fingers crossed for an awesome ending!

May 13, 2010 | Reply

The entire outfit from top to bottom is lovely.

As for LOST I don’t watch the show anymore, I used to love it though it always left me hanging at the end and wanting more. I couldn’t stand that about the show. I gave up watching it because of all the talking folks that were supposed to be dead. That was a bit questionable for me.

Good day!

• Foxy

May 13, 2010 | Reply

That vintage slip looks great. Rich color. I love your legs!

• Pretty Little World

May 13, 2010 | Reply

I love this outfit! That skirt slip is what really makes the outfit – the color and the bits of lace are really lovely!

I’m a total Lost fan, and I actually really liked the episode this week. The dialog was on the weak side (but isn’t that always the case for Lost?), and even though there were questions that the episode brought up, I thought that it was helpful in providing definitive answers about who Jacob/MIB are not. There’s been so much speculation about who these people are, and at least the episode cleared that up. I’m looking forward to the next two episodes!

• Mishy

May 13, 2010 | Reply

love your outfit, as always.

i thought this week’s episode of Lost was great. i only wish Jacob or Allison Janney would have said MIB’s name just once. why can’t we know his name?!

• elleaeagan

May 13, 2010 | Reply

I just love these pics, you look like you are getting ready to do something so naughty, or maybe it’s just the feeling evoked by the vintage slip/skirt. Either way, you look stunning and the outfit is sheer loveliness!
    ~Lori in San Diego

• Destined For Now

May 14, 2010 | Reply

Cute outfit!!!! You are gorgeous.

• Marisa

May 14, 2010 | Reply

Your hair looks amazing here!

• Beatriz

May 14, 2010 | Reply

girl you’re amazing!!!!
    do you please take a look of my blog?
    Thanks. a hug. Bea

• Patti

May 16, 2010 | Reply

I would have never thought to wear a slip for a skirt. That looks great! About Lost, I really wanted to see more Jack, Kate and especially Sawyer! I’m really not looking forward to the end as it has become a family night with my husband, son and daughter. So the end will be a little sad for me. It’s not often that a 25 year old daughter, 18 year old son and 50 something parents can all enjoy the same show together.

• B.M.H

May 20, 2010 | Reply

You are always so chic and stylish!!

Kisses