Los Angeles …you’re blowing my mind lately

multi-color ikat maxi dress+denim jacket -1

San Fernando Valley View from Mulholland-2-2

multi-color ikat maxi dress+denim jacket

gold gladiators+sunglasses+ikat maxi dress+louis vuitton bag+accessories2

multi-color ikat maxi dress+denim jacket-4-og

palm tree-jelly palm-palm with little orange fruits

What I’m Wearing
* Multi-color jersey ikat tribal maxi dress …found two summers ago at that same little boutique Voila {I wish it were longer though so I could wear my Miu Miu clog sandals with it} ….Can’t find this exact dress but here’s a cute ikat maxi option …and this one’s pretty cute as well Ikat Blur Print Matte Jersey Maxi
* Victoria’s Secret boyfriend cardigan
* DKNY denim jacket {have had this forever}
* Alloy {Bamboo} Gold Gladiator sandals ….seen here with sweater & favorite romper
* gold dangly chandelier earrings …I think I got these at the Farmer’s Market a couple years ago
* Louis Vuitton bag & Tom Ford cat eye sunnies

Sometimes Los Angeles blows my mind …in a good way. A little bored with my outfit posts lately, I thought I’d include a few more shots of anything that caught my eye {or matched my outfit} while out and about. And in doing so, it’s really opened my eyes to the beauty of Los Angeles.

Mostly, when I’m in the car, I’m just pissed off because I’m stuck in traffic but lately, since I’ve been keeping an open eye to beauty, more of it has opened up to me. I drive the same way to work and back that I have for years, through the hills/canyons, and just recently I’ve been noticing things I’ve never seen before.

My photos above were all taken on the same day …last Friday. And look how the scenery differs from the location where I shot my outfit, to the palm tree & the view of the San Fernando Valley from Mulholland. They could be from three different places, yet they are all within a 10 mile radius. That blows my mind ;)

…I’m rambling but it’s nice to see the beauty in a place that normally makes me want to blow my brains out. Here’s to a fantastic Memorial Day …and even though soldiers had to die to give us a day off of work, I’m pretty sure everyone is grateful for it. Hope yours is awesome!

P.s. My birthday is tomorrow ;)

* Body Stats
* Shop my Top Picks!

Share/Bookmark

• Mirjam

May 31, 2010 | Reply

I just love your dress! Its amazing!

maybe you remember my blog. it was in german until now. but now its also in english…

love, mirjam

• FASHION SNAG

Love your dress Maegan! x

• Angela

May 31, 2010 | Reply

Hey… just a thought… could you tie your dress up in kind of a knot on one side? Then you could wear your Miu Mius with it and it would look intentionally laid back. (If that makes sense.) I just saw that in my mind when you said you couldn’t wear them. I’ve done that before with maxis that were too short for heels and it looks pulled together in a boho kind of way.

• Ife'

May 31, 2010 | Reply

#1 HAPPY BIRTHDAY (in advance)! I hope you’ve got something fabulous planned!

#2 I have those exact same shoes. I got them from some random teeny bopper store in LA, and I LOVE THEM!

#3 Love your dress. The colors are very pretty…

#4 Totally agree about LA. It is such a beautiful city, but we locals get so caught up in the hustle and bustle that we forget to stop and enjoy it all.

Happy Memorial Day!

• Lisa Petrarca

LUV LUV LUV that dress!!

I know what ya mean about noticing things, I do the same thing while driving to work now…I find myself actually sighing at some of the beauty of Newport Beach Back Bay.

Funny how it can change your whole driving experience from angry & irritated to relaxed & appreciative.

Guess it’s always in the perspective!

BTW that shot of your outfit set out by the window w/the pool water in the background is AMAZING!

Enjoy your weekend, off to bike ride!

• Zepequeña

You look gorgeus!

Zepequeña.

• Pretty Little World

May 31, 2010 | Reply

Happy early birthday lady!! I hope it’s wonderful!!

• Closet Fashionista

• ♥Aubrey

May 31, 2010 | Reply

Isn’t it funny how we can ignore things for years & then all of a sudden we open our eyes to see such beauty! It’s like we take certain things for granted…we get into such a routine & feel rushed, that our eyes look past.
    Enjoy that gorgeous city…i never appreciated it when i lived there. Great pics hun! Have a wonderful weekend.

• Caroline, No.

May 31, 2010 | Reply

I’ve said this before but I seriously covet your LA lifestyle. Sun, gorgeous scenery in the canyons, a pool I can spy from your bathroom window?! Argh. Love London but the weather here sucks arse.

Happy Birthday. I’m a gemini too, exhausting isn’t it? ;p

• Glamour Bbey.

May 31, 2010 | Reply

Happy birthday beauty! And your dress is sooo perfect!

• Lainey

May 31, 2010 | Reply

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! my husband is a gemini too, his birthday is actually on Friday, and I can’t wait to take him to Santa Barbara! I love the Ikat maxi dress. The print is just so colorful and fabulous.

• clearlyfabulous

May 31, 2010 | Reply

I am a big fan of natural beauty – and LA is unbeatable for that (a good distraction to the horrible traffic.) And happy almost birthday!!!!!! Hope you are planning something fabulous…

• ~Mrs. Guru~

Very pretty pictures!

• Elle Sees

May 31, 2010 | Reply

That dress is killing me, only because it is so awesome. And happy early birthday! Did you celebrate it with your brother as kids? My bro and sis did as kids–one big party.

• Katie

May 31, 2010 | Reply

Love the dress. Happy early birthday!

May 31, 2010 | Reply

Cute pictures, but I’m confused about the crotch shot???

• God's Favorite Shoes!

May 31, 2010 | Reply

Happy early birthday Maegan! I am sick of telling you that you look fabulous…you are totally taking my “oh my god, you are so fly and I love your style plus I am jealous that you obviously are still having an affair with Tom Ford to have so many of his sunglasses” compliments for granted. SO. I refuse to tell you that you are so fly and I am jealous of you. Take that!

No, really happy birthday and just a little fact for you: You were the very first blog I ever stumbled upon. I spent days going into your archives and you are still my favorite blogger, hands down!

I hope your father n law breaks you off something MAJA…oh and your hubby too!

Celebrate girl!

• ...love Maegan

June 1, 2010 | Reply

Anon: I had to scroll back up to see what you meant about “crotch shot”. It was mainly to show a close up of the dress fabric …and that shot was taken in my car …where it was hot, and I pull up my dresses when I drive …thus the “thigh shot” …but apologies if I offended you. ..not really.

• Marcus Design

June 1, 2010 | Reply

I am absolutely loving your blog!! So happy to have found it, thank you so much for visiting my petit blog and leaving a comment. I really appreciate it!
    Nancy

• Sydnie

June 1, 2010 | Reply

Oh, I love that dress! What a fantastic pattern! Happy birthday, by the way!

Sydnie

• pearlslaceandruffles

June 1, 2010 | Reply

The dress is beautiful! You look great. Happy birthday!

• Emilie Delance

Happy B-day :D U look amazing! love the dress, beautiful pictures <3

• MELISSA Z.

great dress, amazing print, love the colors! <3

• Addict

June 1, 2010 | Reply

Happy Birthday in advance Maegan! Love that dress.

• Gwen

June 1, 2010 | Reply

You look fabulous as always!!! I hope you have the best birthday ever!!! XOXO

• Dip-tea

June 1, 2010 | Reply

Amazing dress. Love the gorgeous print and the denim jacket is the perfect ‘top it off’ piece of clothing !!

• this free bird

June 1, 2010 | Reply

those miu miu clogs are ridiculous.
    love the dress with the denim jacket. perfect for these slightly breezy LA days.

and i agree w/you about LA. a lot of hidden treasures out there when not surrounded by road ragers and lane cutter offers. xo

June 1, 2010 | Reply

Hey Maegan, I hope you get this, TODAY,on your birthday! Happy Birthday from TBone! Hope you have a great day and enjoy some vacation time and I’ll talk to you soon! Oh, and this is TBone! Happy Birthday!

• tootie

Happy Birthday!! :)

• K

June 1, 2010 | Reply

Happy early birthday girl! You look fabulous, as always. Ive been focusing more on the beauty around me lately too and I cant tell you how much it has improved my overall quality of life. Finding the beauty in every day things just brings more beauty into your life. Enjoy your new outlook :)

• Candi

June 1, 2010 | Reply

Love your dress! Happy, Happy Birthday fellow gemini :)

• J.

June 2, 2010 | Reply

Love your dress, it’s really cool!!

• christina

June 2, 2010 | Reply

love your blog !love your style !

June 3, 2010 | Reply

Random thought-my bday was today & I thought…..I think Maegan just had a bday….I think she’s Gemini too!I read your blog weekly & although I never met you, you randomly pop in my head. Keep up the great work, love the blog.
    Peace.
    Welsley

• sewa mobil di surabaya

June 8, 2010 | Reply

Oh, I love that dress! What a fantastic pattern! Happy birthday, by the way!