Caftan + Squash Blossom Necklace + Sun Hat

caftan+palm tree+pool+turquoise necklace+squash blossom necklace+warm, wearing a squash blossom necklace, native american jewelry, turquoise necklace

poolside+floppy sun hat+caftan

poolside+warm+sun hat+caftan+gold sandals+squash blossm necklace +brown, necklace, turquoise, native american jewelry, squash blossom necklace, cher, raquel welch, sun hat, black simple modern caftan

patio+caftan+squash blossom+black and white -red

ben stillers house+spanish tile

squash blossom necklace+black modern caftan

accessories+turquoise and gold and silver+squash blossom necklace

by the pool+caftan+sun hat+gold gladiators+squash blossom necklace

squash blossom necklace+sun hat+dark

What I’m Wearing
* Black caftan from Nayacos -Etsy shop
* Vintage squash blossom turquoise necklace found on Ebay a couple years ago before I knew it had a silly name like “squash blossom” …I just liked it but now they are selling for crazy high prices. I love that there are so many varieties {though mine is still one of my favorites} -though I would love one with coral/red larger stones. I’m not sure who mine is made by.
* Gold gladiator sandals by Bamboo …found almost 4 years ago now on the cheap at Alloy.com and would have maybe preferred a black flat gladiator that maybe laced all the way up to my knees which you wouldn’t really see unless a gust of wind blew by me but I’d know they were there. The necklace is set in silver so I had to mix gold accessories with silver to balance it out with the gold shoes. Again, not my first choice but all I had.
* Vintage turquoise/silver ring {this was handed down to me by my dad’s late wife, Frannie. I’m pretty sure it was hers}, various gold and silver stacking rings, gold D&G watch and a gold bangle with a silver Tiffany lock charm bracelet as well as a gold wishbone necklace and white gold/silver hoops
* Gold Tom Ford Yvette sunglasses
* Black sun hat I found years ago at Target

raquel-welch-1973-1, squash blossom necklace  Sophie Dominik and her Squash Blossom Necklace  Designer Jennifer Shorto

Raquel Welch 1973, Sophie Dominik 1951, Designer Jennifer Shorto, Jessica Simpson wearing one here, Jill St. John September 1972

Troop-Beverly-Hills-turquoise-pineapple-necklace2  Troop-Beverly-Hills-turquoise-pineapple-necklace, squash blossom necklace

Shelley Long from my Troop Beverly Hills {post}

cher-sonnyandcher-turquoise-necklace

Sonny & Cher: Style Icons {post} and a close-up of my squash blossom necklace

happyFriday

Share/Bookmark

• Sal

July 16, 2010 | Reply

That necklace is a stunner. Despite its slightly goofy name.

• Craftmaker

July 16, 2010 | Reply

You look great! I wish it was summer in Argentina… It’s snowing here!

• anhesty

July 16, 2010 | Reply

great background on the last photo. you look great as usual :D

• esdelope

July 16, 2010 | Reply

Flawless caftan! I had such a hard time finding one on Etsy, but am definitely checking out that store.

Becca

• JKreids

July 16, 2010 | Reply

I love the blue nails with that necklace!

• Jaime @ La vie...J'aime

July 16, 2010 | Reply

You look like a movie star! So chic.

• brittneynikkole

July 16, 2010 | Reply

This is the very epitome of glamour! There is not one thing about this look that I don’t love. You are my number one fashion hero.

• Nikki Aimee

July 16, 2010 | Reply

Those pix of you, Maegan are so dope! I have gots to find me a neckalce similar to yours…

• Chicago Mom (Heather)

July 16, 2010 | Reply

FABULOUS! I have a dress very simliar. I didn’t know it was a caftan. I just thought it was a maxi dress! :-)

That picture of you sitting in sepia is STUNNING.

• astridland

July 16, 2010 | Reply

Lovely outfit-looks so beautiful and dramatic and comfortable!

• Loren

July 16, 2010 | Reply

Ummm, excuse me, why are you not a huge model somewhere? You are absolutley gorgeous! I swear you could be in Vogue magazine. Happy Friday!

• socogrl

July 16, 2010 | Reply

awesome images! thanks for your thoughts and creativity…as always! have a great, hot, weekend. :)

• FASHION SNAG

July 16, 2010 | Reply

What a gorgeous summer look! x

• Amanda

July 16, 2010 | Reply

i think the blown-out photo wins it.

and
    raquel welch is too cool for words.
    i think her in
    her prime gives
    any modern day
    bombshell a run
    for their money.
    fo’ sho’.

• TERI REES WANG

July 16, 2010 | Reply

That last pool side pose is a Keeper.
    Well done.
    Cheers!

• besswess

July 16, 2010 | Reply

You look gorgeous dahling…..like a movie star enjoying time between filming. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

• Lisa Petrarca

July 16, 2010 | Reply

Maegan…I LOVE it! looks like old Hollywood glamor days by the pool, could be a spread in Vogue!

The blue polish is sooo cool too.

Have a great weekend!

Off to get ready for my step daughters wedding today…CRAZY!

• Jill

Yay!

• Katie

July 16, 2010 | Reply

Great outfit! I love all the accessories. Perfect.

• bananas.

July 16, 2010 | Reply

oh you are so sophia loren right now! hot hot HOTT!!!

i love the quickie flashback to troop beverly hills…one of the best movies EVER.

• Heather

July 16, 2010 | Reply

Wow, necklace is gorgeous!!!

*giveaway this week*

• J-Diggety

July 16, 2010 | Reply

You are stunning. I’m going to say this is the most glamorous I’ve ever seen you!! And I LOVE it!!

I’m impressed… I’m very picky about caftans, maxis, etc., because I think most of them are unflattering and shapeless – I see so many women swallowed in them and to me they just look dumpy. But you have more than sold me on this look – I stand corrected! ;)

Happy weekend!
    xoxo J

• Ambypure

beautiful outfit!

• Angela

July 16, 2010 | Reply

Oooh I loove that dress.. The jewelry and hat are perfect with this!

• Daniela

July 16, 2010 | Reply

love that necklace! beautiful color

• Lisa Petrarca

July 16, 2010 | Reply

I need your help Maegan…which accessories do you like better for my step daughters wedding today at 5:00?

Can’t really decide so I thought I’d ask a pro since I know one!LOL!

• Andi

July 16, 2010 | Reply

Amazing!! This post was so fun and stylish and creative!
    My mom has some sick Squash Blossoms (hers are coral) from when she lived in New Mexico. They are so gorgeous!

• jennine

July 16, 2010 | Reply

there is so much fabulousness in this photos…
    1. you look gorgeous
    2. that dress is tdf…how do you like it and would you mind if i copied you?
    3. that necklace, you have such a good memory to pull together all the ladies who wore it
    4. wow CHER! i didnt even recognize her. she looks great now, but she looks like a different person.

am i old if i remember watching the sonny and cher show with my gran?

• Kellie

July 16, 2010 | Reply

You look amazing, as always, but all this fat preggo woman can see is that pool. I would kill to be in that pool right now. I am hot and swollen and it would feel SO damn good. :)
    Happy Friday!

• Iva

you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!

July 16, 2010 | Reply

You are one HAUTE girl. Look at how super tall you look.

• Tina

July 17, 2010 | Reply

You have such fabulous taste! I love everything about this outfit and you are gorgeous in these photos!

• MerciBlahBlah

July 17, 2010 | Reply

Luh-huh-uvvvvve that necklace and the caftan. Delish. I have a squash blossom myself I scored off eBay recently – feel free to check it before you wreck it here:

Those pics of you? Gor-ge-mous. Perhaps my word verification says it best: HOMSHEDL!

Merci,
    Shannan

July 17, 2010 | Reply

YOU MUST FRAME THOSE PHOTOS!! Enough said.

• LaiLacerda

July 17, 2010 | Reply

so so so beautiful. dress, pics, everything

• Jessica

July 17, 2010 | Reply

You look so glamorous, Maegan! The necklace really makes this outfit complete. Now all you’re missing is a delightful cabana boy.

• StuddedLilly

July 17, 2010 | Reply

oh my god, the necklace is unbelievable stunning!! what a rare find! and great photography is a plus!
    xxjess

• MELISSA Z.

July 17, 2010 | Reply

amazing kaftan and love all the accessories! great!

• francesca

July 17, 2010 | Reply

Gosh, Maegan, I saw the caftan on you, it looked so amazing that I clicked on the link you got it from; it was the first item on the page, there was only 1 left in black (my fave color) and 3 minutes later…. I already checked out in paypal :#)

I hope shipping to Italy will not take too long… I want to wear it soon!

Those pictures looked SO good. You have power, girl! :D

• Ebony

July 17, 2010 | Reply

I am looking for cute easy things to wear around the house and this caftan would be perfect. It looks as if it’s exactly ankle length on you and I’m about 5 or 6 inches shorter though.

• The818

July 17, 2010 | Reply

I love that caftan, I love that nail polish, and ahahahahahahahahaha to Troop Beverly Hills! (And I miss you – can we come swim?!)

July 17, 2010 | Reply

You look great! I have a squash blossom necklace that I bought years ago. I wear mine with an orange peasant dress that is long as your caftan. The name of the necklace comes from a possible mistranslation as a real “squash blossom” the flower is not quite like the trumpets on the sides of the necklace. Squash blossoms are edible and southwest people eat them all the time. The are generally cultivated in gardens though and not commercially. Just thought you should know how your necklace got it’s silly name. Smile.

• Nickie Frye

July 18, 2010 | Reply

OMIGosh, I love this dress. I remember when you posted that you got it (maybe it was on twitter?). Anyway, I went to the shop & was SO tempted to get one for myself. So cute!

I sold a squash blossom necklace in my etsy shop for a song last year. Could’ve charged three times what I got for it. Oh well.

Have a great day!
    xoxo

July 18, 2010 | Reply

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAZING PHOTOS!!!

and you, your caftan, and your necklace look 4 million times better than any of these other bitches!

these are some of your best photos EVAH. love them!!!!!

• Poppies and Sunshine

July 19, 2010 | Reply

Wow stunning outfit!! I love it! And the color of your nail polish is fantastic!

• Fatiha Faulzi

July 19, 2010 | Reply

Beautiful necklace you have!

xoxo, http://heelsandwedges.blogspot.com

• missy

July 19, 2010 | Reply

I’ve never looked at a woman and thought “I hate her” just because I was envious. However, I tried to wear something similar to this in Cancun a couple weeks ago and @5’2.75″ and 115 lbs, I just looked like a kid playing dress-up. You totally made me hate you for pulling this off.
    In other words… FLAWLESS, love it.