Domenica More Gordon’s Felted Dogs

Domenica More Gordon's Felted Dogs-1

Domenica More Gordon's Felted Dogs -7  Domenica More Gordon's Felted Dogs-11

As I was desperately trying to fall asleep last night I channel surfed my way onto the show Man Shops Globe, which I completely forgot I wanted to watch {and is now on season 2} on The Sundance Channel. Though I was already 15minutes late to the party, I stopped in anyway.

Keith Johnson was in Scotland traveling from city to city looking for treasures to auction off at a charity event he was hosting that helps adopt dogs called Main Line Animal Rescue in PA. His last stop was in Edinburgh to visit with Domenica More Gordon, who hand-felts these amazingly detailed and emotion provoking little dogs after meeting with dog owners and sketching the pets first. Needless to say, Keith was taken aback a bit when he drove up to what I can only refer to as a perfectly romantic castle …which is really neither here nor there but ads to the romanticism in my opinion I suppose, as a boring, castle-less American.

Domenica More Gordon's Felted Dogs-6

All her amazing little felted creatures are sold out and not available online but there are cards for sale {see all cards here} which is where most of these images came from. If you’re a pro-felter {or willing to learn} there are two Dog Felting Kits for sale which I am on the fence about buying ONLY because I have no idea how to felt. This may just be my opportunity to learn though. I love the little guy above that looks like a Pug/French Bulldog mix, for obvious reasons of course and would most definitely jump the fence to buy the a kit for it, but that’s not an option.

Domenica More Gordon's Felted Dogs-2  Domenica More Gordon's Felted Dogs-5

The two kits that are available look very similar to the dogs that sold at the charity auction for $6,500 & $9000 each. In total, Keith’s auction raised over $40K for the dogs …and in summary, I’m glad I couldn’t sleep …for the next 15 minutes, anyway ;) or I would have completely missed all this.

Note: The episode of Man Shops Globe featuring Domenica is from July 7, 2010

• JessicaHK

July 15, 2010 | Reply

There are crafters who felt adorable animals on Etsy and their prices are pretty reasonable.

• esdelope

July 15, 2010 | Reply

These are seriously too cute for words. Someone once made me a Warhol-inspired print of my dog, Stella Blu (named after the Grateful Dead song), through snapfish and it’s seriously one of my favorite paintings I have hanging in my place right now. I love that these alternatives are far more cuddly. My vote is definitely to felt something similar :)

Becca

• Daniela

July 15, 2010 | Reply

the pug is very cute :) I’d love my dog in felt like this..!

• Ivy

July 15, 2010 | Reply

Those dogs are uber cute!

Well girl, whatever you did must have done the trick because McAfee didn’t warn me that a trojan was detected.

: ) Thanks!

BTW, the shoes were Annton by Steve Madden. I have them in the black too and had no problems with those, so I do think that it was just bad luck that I got a defective right shoe.

• fashion junkie

July 15, 2010 | Reply

I am a huge animal lover, and i am loving these! love your blog btw. :)

xoxo,
    melrod

• Katie

July 15, 2010 | Reply

Oh how cute! You inspired me to do an accessory organization post today :)

• ~alison

July 15, 2010 | Reply

Adorable. You know all of my handbags that I knit are felted. If it is as easy as that, I could show you what to do to felt…

July 15, 2010 | Reply

ohmygod! you have heard me screaming my entire commentary on this ADORABLE post and these DELIGHTFUL FELT ANIMALS! i am dying!!! i love them! i want them!!! i want to try and make them!

• Tere

July 15, 2010 | Reply

great photos! i love animals!!

kisses from http://sweetsyte.blogspot.com/

• Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug

October 28, 2010 | Reply

I LOVE needle felting and I am so glad people are finding us !

I make dogs all the time – I cant keep the pug’s in the etsy shop because they are sold so fast! I love making pugs because – well – I own one. LOL.

• Business VoIP Providers

January 21, 2013 | Reply

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.

• sohbet