Who can turn the world on with her smile?

vintage sunglassses+louis vuitton speedy+skirt and cardigan+librarian+pour la victoire shoes+ethnic sash belt+leyendecker tank

vintage sunglasses+long blonde hair+leyendecker sheer tank+cardigan and skirt

leyendecker polka dot sheer tank+owl necklace+gold chains+DIY ethnic sash belt+blond hair diy cinch belt clasp+rabbit's foot
leyendecker tank+zara skirt+lv bag+vintage sunglasses+pour la victoire shoes-small

pour la victoire platforms+louis vuitton speedy bag-shoes

leyendecker tank+zara skirt+louis vuitton bag+vintage sunglasses+pour la victoire shoes+rabbit's foot  -1

maegan+vintage sunglasses+long blonde hair

What I’m Wearing
* Orange & ivory polka dotted Leyendecker sheer tank blouse …from Gilt
* Taupe cotton tank worn under
* Victoria’s Secret boyfriend sweater {was a v-neck that I sliced up the middle with scissors. Actually works quite well as a cardigan and washes without unwraveling …I’ve done this to three of them now with fantastic results.
* Zara skirt found at a thrift shop a couple years ago but this is my first time wearing it.
* DIY ethnic stripe sash clasp belt …CLick Here for the easy tutorial
* Vintage gold chains were my grandma’s worn with a not-so-vintage tarnished owl pendant chain necklace, D&G watch & vintage gold skinny bangles, gold hoops
* Vintage sunglasses
* Louis Vuitton speedy {30} with vintage rabbit’s foot
* Pour La Victoire Fiona platformwhich seems to be sold out everywhere {purchased last year}

Yet again I died for Gretchen’s design on Project Runway last night. Even before they announced the winner. It was just perfection. I would love an entire collection by her after just seeing two pieces! As far as the outfits of the designers worn on runway day, hers was the best as well. I’m under the assumption that if you have a creative and fashion-forward head for design, then you should be dressing yourself as such. And not everyone on that runway does. The same can be said for anyone in a creative/design field. For instance, if you are an interior designer interviewing for job and you don’t have some sense of your own style, well then I’m going to hire the person who looks the part …but maybe that’s just me. Am I alone in this thinking?

Any guesses on what classic TV show theme song my title is from? Hint: the song ends with “We’re gonna make it after all” …and was mentioned on Project Runway last night.

happyFriday

owl necklace+diy sash belt+leyendecker top+blonde hair+lv speedy

Share/Bookmark

LA native & lifestyle blogger Maegan Tintari writes daily at ...love Maegan.com sharing beauty & style secrets, including fashion DIYs, how-to nail art manicures, hair tutorials, recipes & home decorating ideas, as well as a look into her personal life, her journey & battle with infertility & recent relocation to the mountains by a lake in search of a better life with her adorable French Bulldog brothers, Trevor and Randy.

• Amanda

August 6, 2010 | Reply

“…who can take a ‘nothing’ day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
    well it’s *YOU*, girl, and you should know it…
    …with each OUTFIT & every little ACCESSARY, you show it!…”
    😉

• Naomi

August 6, 2010 | Reply

WOW! I think this is probably one of my favorite outfits you’ve posted. I rarely comment but I had to say somethng this time. The orange looks amazing on you and those glasses are to die for…I think I may need to spray paint a pair of frames in those colors.

• Ribbon with a Bow

August 6, 2010 | Reply

omgosh i LOVE this one. i love the vintage sunnies and i love the shirt w/ those necklaces. adore.
    ribbonwithabow.com

• Ashe Mischief

August 6, 2010 | Reply

All summer long I’ve been INCREDIBLY jealous of the fact you can wear cardigans, jackets, long sleeves, etc. and not die in the heat.

August 6, 2010 | Reply

So classic MTM and yet….so Rhoda with your own boho/indie twist to it! Love that you are working that Speedy bag. I never get tired of seeing how you successfully incorporate it into every outfit. My case for not buying one is weakening….I may cave in after all, after all the fashionable possibilities you have shown us. I’ve used all your tips & tricks & ideas & tried all your recipes and jewelry projects, and I have to say, I am a much better person for having tried them all. They have certainly enhanced my life. Maegs, you are living proof that it is not fashion that makes the woman, rather, it’s the woman who makes the fashion!
    Luv ya, Rita

• anhesty

August 6, 2010 | Reply

totally loving your top and necklace!

• Caroline, No.

August 6, 2010 | Reply

it’s a beatles’ song innit? sexy sadie or lovely rita or dear prudence… i can’t remember! such a good idea to slice up an old jumper…x

• daer0n

August 6, 2010 | Reply

Love everything about your outfit. The owl necklace is waaay too cute, love it. 🙂

Have a wonderful weekend!

• FASHION SNAG

• Holly

August 6, 2010 | Reply

i LOVVVVVE those sunnies!

• Holly

August 6, 2010 | Reply

ok, and when i scrolled down and saw they were vintage i was like “pffft, figures” and THEN my word verification was “retroo” ok, stop torturing me!

• J

August 6, 2010 | Reply

So since no one else said it, The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

• monokini

August 6, 2010 | Reply

i’ve been reading your blog for a year now this is definitely the nicest outfit of all.. love the shades, and the belt works so great with the clothes! greeting from Lithuania 🙂

August 6, 2010 | Reply

this outfit is rad! perfect for summer! so cute, chic, stylish and FUN!!!!

and you are so right about professionals needing to look the part. eee. i know EXACTLY which designer you are referring to, and she needs a makeover STAT! closet overhaul! hair and makeup RE-DO!!!

• Katarina

August 6, 2010 | Reply

I agree totally, it`s the same with hairdressers. How can I trust someone with my hair if he/she looks just ridicoulus on top?!

• Gwen

August 6, 2010 | Reply

I love this outfit!!! Like really love it. Your DIY belt and the colors look fabulous on you!!! XOXO

• THESTREETFASHION5XPRO

August 6, 2010 | Reply

amazing style…you always post interesting…

• Tea Lady

August 6, 2010 | Reply

I’m in *love* with your skirt and top!!! Please let me know if you ever want to sell that lovely skirt! You look beautiful!

[email protected]

just saying… 🙂

August 6, 2010 | Reply

This outfit is one of your best ever. Love everything about it. I’m particularly intrigued by the idea of slicing your sweater up the middle. I’ve been thinking of doing that to a lace peplum pullover (sounds odd, I know, but it’s pretty) but have been hesitant due to not knowing how to finish the raw edge. If you ever decide to do a DIY on something that needs a finished edge, I’d love to see it.

Monica

• Esther

August 6, 2010 | Reply

I just sliced my sweater down the middle 🙂

• Savvy Gal

August 6, 2010 | Reply

I love the color combo. A bright smile sure can make the world go around. : )

• Chene W.

August 6, 2010 | Reply

This is my favorite outfit thus far! And I can’t believe I missed PR!

• Heather

I love your shoes.

• duckalicious

August 6, 2010 | Reply

lovely outfit! except for one thing – I probably don’t even have to say it, do I? 😀

• Meaghan

August 6, 2010 | Reply

love the outfit love the mary tyler moore reference! and I completely agree about dressing the part as a recent interior design graduate i think a lot about my outfits when i go on interviews a simple black pencil skirt and white button up top wont do..its just another way to show your style!

• Ife'

August 6, 2010 | Reply

love this outfit! Very 70’s chic.

xoxo,
    Eboni Ife’
    The Fashionista Next Door

• Tkkerouac

August 6, 2010 | Reply

Beautiful, would work perfectly in the Fall too!

• Brandy

August 6, 2010 | Reply

Definitely in my top 5 favorite outfits for you!

• tootie

Cute outfit! And I love the Mary Tyler Moore reference. 🙂

August 6, 2010 | Reply

Beautiful close-up photo (#8, I believe?). Great fashion look! We had about 1/2 hour of (coastal) sunshine today! I have more energy now, not so sleepy. Well, have a great sunny weekend, Sunshine!

• fshnonmymind

August 6, 2010 | Reply

This outfit has such wonderful autumnal tones, it makes me completely ready for fall.
    And I love that you took a sweater and sliced it down the middle. Is there any trick to making sure the ends don’t ravel because I would definitely try this out with a sweater or two?
    P.S. Those are the most awesome, funkiest shades ever. At first glance I thought they might be Chloe.

August 6, 2010 | Reply

wow! i have the same owl necklace than yours, but silver plated, i got it from ebay, there are hundreds of them there…. and pretty cheap
    xx from spain

• Veronika

August 6, 2010 | Reply

can i please have your hair? it’s seriously amazing.

• Ms. Chyme

I like your outfit =)

• Mystery Bruises

August 7, 2010 | Reply

amazing style! i am so incredibly jealous of your louis!
    you have a great blog, keep it up and ill be back for sure!
    xx

• Lisa Petrarca

August 7, 2010 | Reply

UGH..I keep forgetting to set my DVR to record Project Runway! SO MAD!

Love the retro feel of your outfit…and those GLASSES!

Have a great weekend!

• milk tea girl

August 7, 2010 | Reply

cool glasses n_n *jealous* very retro chic…

• ShoesForDessert

August 7, 2010 | Reply

I love everything about this look from the colors to the polka dotted blouse, to the DIY belt, the heels, and the adorable two toned glasses!

• Katie

August 7, 2010 | Reply

Love the outfit! (Everyone knows that’s from Mary Tyler Moore, right?!)

• libbeh ♥

August 7, 2010 | Reply

Love the outfit, esp. the DIY VS boyfriend v-neck sweater.

• The Pretty Pauper

August 7, 2010 | Reply

Great look! Love how you accessorized!

-Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    Feel free to check out my blog:)
    prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

• Catita

August 7, 2010 | Reply

great outfit, love the oversized sunnies and the owl necklace the most!!
    Catita

• Tina

August 7, 2010 | Reply

Fabulous outfit! I love your taste and style! The MTM reference is nice! I wish I could layer right now…It is so bloody hot here in TX. I joined GILT through your blog and bought some stuff. Does that mean that you get credit?

• Pretty Little World

August 7, 2010 | Reply

This outfit is ridiculously cute. I love, love, love, love, love, love it!!

• Amelia

August 7, 2010 | Reply

Gretchen was great but really really loved Mondo’s design. ANYWAYS.. LOVE LOVE LOVE those glasses, way to rock the Maegan!

• Naughty Baubles

August 8, 2010 | Reply
  • kate @ undeniable style

August 8, 2010 | Reply

the styling here is spot on. I’m in love! {and want every. single. piece you’re wearing!}

xo,
    kate

• Laura

August 8, 2010 | Reply

I love your outfit and your blog and i totally agree that designers should wear what they design as much as possible and that they should dress the part,I design clothing and accessories and I wear what I design and people love it and so do I. I think that it adds to a designers like-ability and credibility when they do that.
    Two really good bloggers/designers that illustrate this are Keiko Lynn and the Glamourai.

• Sol

August 8, 2010 | Reply

Love those shoes!
    Gretchen is my favorite already too. The two garments she made were perfect, and i wouldn’t think twice about wearing them. I also like the other girl who i don’t remember her name now (the brunette with bangs who made the red trench dress), but for some reason i don’t like her personal style. As you said, personal style is intimately related to what you do.

• Emily

August 8, 2010 | Reply

Very 70s. Very Mary Tyler Moore. Cute!

Emily

• MELISSA Z.

August 9, 2010 | Reply

Love all of this look, perfect! congrats! <3

• Tiffany B

August 9, 2010 | Reply

I completely agree about dressing the part. I have my own wedding & event planning biz and you would be SHOCKED how some of these wedding planners present themselves to the young modern woman (erm, I don’t want a wedding planner that knits pics of her cats). My biz partner and I love to be fashionable, we love to relate to our clients, and honestly sometimes we can get hired just because we show that we “get” fashion and we can translate it to an awesome and original party. It just seems so obv…

• Down and Out Chic

August 9, 2010 | Reply

i LOVE this outfit. those sunglasses and that fantastic polka dot shirt. wow!

• erika dellatorre

August 10, 2010 | Reply

Nothing screams “i’m freakin’ fabulous” more than this outfit! love love love it Maegan, you rock!

• Iva

August 10, 2010 | Reply

oh Maegan. you are just the most the beautiful. Ever.