Easy Transitional Outfit: Jeans & a Blazer

faded old levis and a blazer+kirkwood shoes+ferragamo bag+sun+contrast

jeans and a blazer+kirkwood shoes

old levis and a black blazer+sequin tank+ferragamo bag+kirkwood heels

kirkwood heels+ferragamo bag+cuffed jeans

ray ban aviators+kirkwood shoes+old levis+jeans and a blazer

What I’m Wearing
* Old faded Levi’s cuffed & pegged with my HemGemslast seen here in a very similar outfit which is an obvious easy go-to outfit for rush-rush mornings and layer removing for changing Fall temperatures.
* Black Forever 21 sequin striped tank/tunic
* Vintage black blazer
* Ferragamo bag
* Ray Ban aviator Road Spirit sunglasses
* Nicholas Kirkwood stilettos

Alright, a little Project Runway venting about to occur: WTF?! Yes, Ivy & Valerie’s designs were most definitely the worst and it was as Michael Kors put it “…an unbelievably tight race for hideous today”. HOWEVER, I do not think that Michael C’s dresses also fell under that category. I think he was at the least, safe. At least his fabric choice DID look like a metallic eyeshadow!!!! I mean, Christopher’s couture piece looked like an Ice Capades costume gone all kinds of wrong! And while I liked the IDEA for Gretchen’s 70′s inspired look as well as the details, her dresses were horrendous & fit horribly – and I’m sorry but just because a dress has nice slits up the side, DOESN’T MAKE IT SEXY. Which makes me wonder what the judges see in reality that doesn’t come across via my HD TV …?

And GOD GRETCHEN IS ANNOYING – …that voice! …and that weird smug attitude she has when she talks {A;LSDKJF;LAKSDJF} and she hasn’t made anything worth talking about since the beginning when I admittedly died for her looks. And I would even admit now that I would look beyond her RIDICULOUSLY ANNOYING PERSONALITY if she were making winning looks but she’s not! And for someone who’s not threatened by Michael C, SHE SURE TALKS A LOT OF SHIT ABOUT HIM!

I adore Mondo and think he deserved to win -although I wished he continued the stripe fabric up the bodice of his couture dress and nixed that houndstooth all together …even if he added polka dots I would have like it better.

It’s getting near the end …I wonder who’s gonna make it …who do you think?

{also, a quick note on NBC’s premier night = HILARIOUS – as was ABC’s Wednesday night premier shows} Yay for Fall television making it entirely too difficult for me to get my work done!

happyFriday

Share/Bookmark

• FASHION SNAG

September 24, 2010 | Reply

Great outfit! The shoes are the best. x

• anhesty

September 24, 2010 | Reply

you look great and those shoes! gahhhh! i love em! have a great weekend maegan!

• Heather

September 24, 2010 | Reply

Great outfit. I can’t wait for it to get a little bit colder here. It started to then faked us out and got all hot again haha.

• Glamour Bbey.

Gorgeous! You look always good

• Brooke Ann Dove

September 24, 2010 | Reply

I agree with you on all Project Runway points. I love Mondo. And I agree that Micheal C should have been safe and Christopher in the bottom. It was just icky.

• Lexy of BeautyFash

September 24, 2010 | Reply

Love this! Those shoes are fab and are just perfect with that blazer! I have to catch Project Runway tonight (via my trusty DVR)… I agree that Gretchen is so fn annoying. Can’t believe she is only 28… I just knew she was 40+ lol. AND I am so on team MONDO, he is great!

TGIF, have a great weekend!

• www.majormusthaves.com

September 24, 2010 | Reply

Killer heels! I love them.

• Natalya's Closet

September 24, 2010 | Reply

You look so classy I love those heels and the boyfriend jeans/blazer look! XOXO, Natalya

• ...love Maegan

September 24, 2010 | Reply

omg Lexy SHE’S ONLY 28!??!?!?!?!?!

she’s lying. I don’t believe it.

• Samantha

September 24, 2010 | Reply

I love that outfit!! Those shoes are fabulous!

-Samantha

• Daniela

my kind of outfit.
    you look great
    happy weekend!

• Amanda

September 24, 2010 | Reply

I agree with everything you said about Project Runway! Yes! Gretchen is soooo annoying, and i like Michael C….a lot…but Mondo, every week, is getting closer and closer to my favorite…expecially since “the Michael C.-and-him challenege…they were like little second grade boys I’ve seen while subbing: hate each other at first, and then are giddy best friends! The cutest!
    I want to see April, Andy, and Mondo in the finals! *woot*woot*

• Stacey B

September 24, 2010 | Reply

I agree with you on Project Runway as well. Gretchen was fantastic at first and now just needs to get over herself. When the ice capades outfit was safe and yet she was out there as a good look and Michael C was out there as a bad look I was blown away. Everyone bags on that guy, but I think he’s made some great stuff. My girlfriend can’t watch the show because Gretchen reminds her too much of Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura!

• Katie

Love the F21 tank!

• Just Cake girl

September 25, 2010 | Reply

This shoves that simple things do look just amazing ;) ohh and the shoes :p

• Veronika

September 25, 2010 | Reply

you look fantastic!

• Huda

September 25, 2010 | Reply

I so agree with your assessment on PR, I don’t understand all the hate most of the designers have towards Michael C. I miss the old episodes where it was about grown up men and women with real talents besides the fancy education some had….I feel Gretchen and Ivy are a joke with their superior attitude without showing anything for it. Do these people forget there is a camera taping their every words/action and its doing damage to their public image as hopeful designers?

ps. love your blazer and killer heels.

• Tina

September 25, 2010 | Reply

Omg I am a 100% on the same page with you. I absolutely loved Michael C’s outfit last night I thought it was by far one of the best, I mean ok his fabric choice was wrong but it was still a beautiful dress. For him to be in the bottom last night was completely uncalled for I was so peeved watching them judge last night. And then to make matters worst to have Gretchen in the top, the top the TOP!!! Hello were they looking at the same thing we were looking at it looked like a hideous ugly-ass robe that you wear to bed if you would even wear it then. I do admit I liked her in the beginning but after she won she became utterly ANNOYING!! Then sYhe stated thinking she had the right to judge everyone and comment on everything!! All because she won ONCE. Yes Gretchen talks mad shit about Michael C. Also I have yet to figure out why everyone hated Michael C so bad I mean did you see it when he won his first challenge OMG no one thought he deserved to win at all. Which I fully believe is all Gretchen’s doing!!

I loved Mondo outfit the back of his Avant-garde dress was amazing the colors and patterns blended so well together.

I have no idea who’s gonna win yet I’m still unsure. I think ill know or have a hint in the coming weeks.

Ok I’m done ranting now. LOL I am loving the semi-casual look you have going in this post. Your Shoes/Blazer = LOVE!!

• Deborah

September 25, 2010 | Reply

I want to choke Gretchen until her eyes bulge out! Is this bad?

• Theresa

September 25, 2010 | Reply

Great outfit and the shoes are to die for!

You are so right about Project Runway! I can’t stand Gretchen’s attitude! But I found Ivy and the other girl, can’t think of her name, but their voices are so whiny and bratty! Ugh! I’m hoping that Mondo or the other guy wins…Alex, I’m not sure, but he looks Asian. Either one of those two should win!

• Mambule

September 25, 2010 | Reply

Simple beauty i think, adorable and awesome! Love your pants!

Mambule.blogspot.com–look at me

• Caroline, No.

September 25, 2010 | Reply

Oh, those shoes. THOSE SHOES! x

• Le garçon avec les lunettes

September 25, 2010 | Reply

hi!!! Really beautifull outfit :-) i like it so so so much and also the place!!!

• Miss Mae

September 26, 2010 | Reply

I love the shoes!!!!

• Stephanie

September 26, 2010 | Reply

I have to agree on the PR mentions. They probably keep Gretchen because they know how we are all hating on her. Those dresses looked like old lady dresses from the 70′s! Mondo is my fav. I love his quirky little ass.

• MELISSA Z.

September 27, 2010 | Reply

cool blazer and great shoes! <3

• Kat

September 27, 2010 | Reply

April is definitely my fave… I love edgy black outfits that are still innovative.

• Mishy

September 27, 2010 | Reply

i didn’t read this post of your last week cause i hadn’t seen the PR episode yet. now that i’ve watched it, ugh i could not believe that Gretchen was in the top 3. i have never really like any of her looks, but quite frankly, i’ve been disagreeing with the judges the majority of this season. i don’t know if tv just shows the designs in bad light or what, but this season i think the judges are just off. i dig Mondo and i think Andy is slowly coming around. Michael C will probably make it to the finals, i just hope Gretchen doesn’t but i have a feeling she will.

• Chessa!

September 28, 2010 | Reply

I am sooooo behind on PR….I’m skipping that part of what you wrote but I’m so in lovewith this chic, casual lookthat i had to comment!!!! x

• salvia

March 24, 2012 | Reply

“Had fun chilling with friends in the neighborhood yesterday.Everyone is in a festive mood, Christmas trees are up & the lights are lit.
    The Wilshire Blvd/Rodeo drive decorations are perfect for the kids. We walk over every year, but it has always been just another scenery with lights to my little girls. They get it now, though…they were in complete awe. What a difference a year makes.I’m totally rocking out my son’s vintage Jimi Hendrix t-shirt. We have been trading tops/jackets since he was 8 yrs old and it gets better now that he is almost 14. He is the coolest kid…I swear. Adore his style!