I’m late for a jean-folding seminar . . .Let’s locomote!

long black 90s dress worn over a t-shirt with strappy wedges+sharp

90s long black dress and strappy wedges+tom ford sunnies+filter

long black 90s dress over a t-shirt+pour la victoire strappy wedges+filterdarker

Tom Ford Anouk Sunglasses+dress over t shirt+90's dress+long hair

90s black long dress with t shirt - pour la victoire wedges+sharp+filter

What I’m Wearing
* long black dress {the top is suede the rest is stretch} …purchased in 1994 when I was 18 though I can’t remember where from and the tag is gone now too. I soooo LOVED this dress and never wore it so casually as I have today actually. I wore it to the American Music Awards {in 1995} with “fancy” shoes and to many other “dressy” occasions. When I found it the other day while on the hunt for something else, I hate to admit I got a bit excited knowing that I wanted to pair it with a little T for an ultimate modern 90′s look.
* Forever 21 heather grey basic tee
* Pour La Victoire Tarissa wedges {courtesy of Pour la Victoire} …though the Rouge bootie I’m coveting would look pretty fabulous as well.
* No jewelry other than rings worked with this because it has such a minimalist feel so I left it sans trinkets
* Tom Ford anouk sunglasses

* Title: quote from the movie Reality Bites …because what’s more appropriate with a dress from 1994 than remembering the very best movie from 1994 as well?

rings

As mentioned the other day, I’m currently a community leader over at BlogFrog SoCal Family Connection and yesterday I posted a few questions about fashion, one being “What trend do you refuse to wear or what trend do you wear now that you said you’d NEVER wear?” …and I was kinda surprised to see how many women said leggings …that they’d NEVER wear leggings. I guess I was surprised because leggings have been in style for a couple years now …I’d even venture to say at least 3 and a staple in my winter wardrobe and I still love them for so many reasons I hope they never go out of style. Even so much as thinking of them as thick tights and wearing them with a dress is off limits to some. I wondered why until another member answered it was because she was in the double digits size-wise …but still, I think she’s wrong ;) lol. Jump over and discuss with us.

louis vuitton azur noe bag

The above shot is at the dermatologist office …I had a follow-up appointment after work where they told me that while the mole they removed from my left calf was aggravated, it wasn’t cancerous. I guess that’s a good thing ;)

happyFriday

reality bites, 90′s fashion,
Share/Bookmark

• FASHION SNAG

September 17, 2010 | Reply

Maegan, that is a fabulous dress and I cannot believe you have had it that long. I love that the top part is suede and I like how you paired with the tee underneath. I really like this outfit on you because it accentuates your shape instead of hiding it. You look fabulous! Also, good news on the mole =) x

• Amanda

September 17, 2010 | Reply

I love that you’re a skinny lady, without being a friggin’ skinny lady!!
    Hips are lovely, if you’ve got ‘em, I think…[although I never think that of mine!!]…God, what’s the deal with us women???

Anyway: leggings leggings leggins! I’m all about ‘em! Totally! My Aunt Sissy, Grams, and mother used to wear ‘em since I was a baby, and I never knew they weren’t in style! Haa haa!
    I always pistured them as a more Peggy-Bundy New YAWK type fashion statement, but I love that they pretty much can make ANY fashion statement: chic, bohemian, layers, fresh, preppy…God, tights and stretchies, and leggings and jeggings…LOVE YOU ALL!! <3 <3 <3

• Mae Lu

September 17, 2010 | Reply

That dress is amazing. The straps totally bring a new type of character to the otherwise pretty basic knit LB Maxi.

I think this cut, though, accentuates the bombshell curvaceousness that is your body. I mean, you really have a bodaceous shape and this hugs in all the right places without looking slutty. It elongates you and accentuates without the tugging and tightness of spandex LBDs.

Lovely.

XX.
    Mae Lu, thereafterish.

• Jayme

September 17, 2010 | Reply

Such a great dress! Love the tank under it…I have a black dress I do the same with.

Believe it or not I too use to feel the same way about leggings….pushed it away forever? Now I love them and will continue to wear them even if the go out of style. I don’t think you can knock it till you try some on. I find some of my best outfits because I tried something I wouldn’t normally.

• The Higgenbottom

September 17, 2010 | Reply

yay for non-cancerous moles! so will you ask them to give the mole back to you now? :o)

and i love the 90s vibe you’ve got goin on here. well done!

• Katie

September 17, 2010 | Reply

Love the dress – still looks awesome and I love you held on to it this long. Agree with you on the leggings. I was hesitant to jump back on the leggings bandwagon but they’re great and anyone can wear them!

• Daniela

September 17, 2010 | Reply

love that dress on you – casual but sexy! Your hair looks great too

• Glamour Daze

September 17, 2010 | Reply

I’ve always been partial to interesting looking doors and faded business signs.The shot of you caught in the sunbeam is the best.It’s time you put a compendium or book together of all your best photos Maegan.

• anhesty

September 17, 2010 | Reply

excellent outfit. love the rings!

• Holly

September 17, 2010 | Reply

Maegan – I’m so glad to be following your blog now! That dress looks awesome with the t-shirt. I especially like the picture of the rings. When I looked more closely, I noticed they were held together by what looks like a clear hair clip – so CLEVER!

• sassy stephanie

September 17, 2010 | Reply

LUV that movie! One of my good friend’s sister wrote it!

Please tell us about the rings that look like little pearls?????

• Craftmaker

September 17, 2010 | Reply

Congrats on the dermatologist visit! Sure you feel a thousand times better now.
    I’ll stop by the blogfrog to join the discussion.

September 17, 2010 | Reply

love the backdrop for these pictures! so frakking cool!

anybody of any size can wear leggings, as long as they cover the butt and watch the proportions of their get up! at least that is what i am saying.

and what the hell is an aggravated mole!?? i guess it is a good thing! :)

• Brooke Ann Dove

September 17, 2010 | Reply

Great Reality Bites reference. Love the dress and love things rings, but you always look so adorable!

• missy

September 17, 2010 | Reply

I’m on the leggings thing. I see them done fabulously, but I’ve got serious dancers’ thighs. And naturally thin calves. I’ve been told my legs look like “ice cream cones” and “chicken drumsticks”. While both said in a loving and admirable way (more the “damn girl, your legs look like ice cream cones!”variety) I don’t wish to see them esconsed in leggings.
    Thats just me.
    And btw, I hate you and your tiny waist in that fabulous dress:)

• Laurie

September 18, 2010 | Reply

Um, how good do you feel knowing that you can still fit into (and look amazing in!) a dress that you bought 15 years ago??!?! :)

• LahTeaDah

September 18, 2010 | Reply

Love this Dress T-shirt combo! Great idea for one of those days that you just dont feel like putting on pants :)

XOXO
    Yours Truly

• diane

September 18, 2010 | Reply

Wait….you’ve been to the American Music Awards? Story please.

• Nadine

September 18, 2010 | Reply

Oh god I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Nineties 4 eva, baby!

• The Redhead Riter

September 18, 2010 | Reply

I love the dress and the photos were great! The backdrop just iced the cake! Obviously, you are very photogenic…duh LOL

• J.

September 18, 2010 | Reply

This dress is just fantastic! And I love it that you have had it for that long!

• stephie

September 19, 2010 | Reply

LOVE your blog – finally delurking to share this vintage bag giveaway with you!

• Stacy Conner

September 19, 2010 | Reply

Love the outfit! Love the movie (I quote it waaaay too much)! And love that they mole wasn’t cancerous! Hope you have had a great weekend!

• Yanes Alicante

September 20, 2010 | Reply

Wonderful outfit Meagan. I read about the mole wasn’t cancerous! Formidable.

Conchi

• ...love Maegan

November 4, 2010 | Reply

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 4, 2010 | Reply

so fucking hot. I love the 90′s! Reality Bites is one of the best movies ever.