Would you stay if she promised you Heaven?

the sun+flowy long dress+the hills+hill top

long flowy dress+picnic table

orbs+long flowy dress+mullholland drive+picnic table

deserted road+trees+sun+long flowy dress+ferragamo bag+bright

ADAM Lippes dress+long maxi dress+salvatore ferragamo bag

dirt road+long flowy dress+ferragamo bag

ADAM dress+long flowy inkblot dress+ferragamo bag-1

What I’m Wearing
* ADAM dress …from a GILT sale. I’m in love with this dress. When I pulled it out of its bag this morning to wear, I pulled out my oxford flats with it, assuming it was going to be short, as most long/maxi dresses are on me …BUT NO! I was so excited by the length …it was almost too long for these wedges. I had to pick it up all old-fashioned style while walking. Love.
-I thought it was going to be chilly but didn’t need the sweater or blazer I brought with me. I really can’t wait to wear it in the cold weather though with my gray wool blazer and a belt.
* Pour La Victoire studded wedges
* Vintage necklace {Grandma’s and a new favorite}, Rachel Roy drop earrings {another new favorite accessory}, vintage gem ring and matching bracelet from the Sherman Oaks Antique Mall, various stacking rings from Noir, D&G gold watch and a few vintage bangles
* Ferragamo bag
* Tom Ford Anouk Sunglasses

* Title: lyrics from Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac {god I love that song}

pour la victoire wedges+earrings+rings+necklace+bracelets

I’m noticing these feather-like plants growing all over the hills lately. They must be in bloom because I haven’t seen them in a while. I love them.

feather plants in the hills + los angeles

• The Budget Brides Handbook

September 13, 2010 | Reply

I LOVE this dress. It is absolutely beautiful and can translate from fall to winter to spring. You betta work!!!

• God's Favorite Shoes!

September 13, 2010 | Reply

I love that maxi dress on you. SO chic and simple.

I saw the VMA’s after I watched my fave show True Blood. I know I might get slammed for this but I wanted Kanye to take the mic from Taylor Swift again…just to make her stop singing.

Come on boo…you had 1 whole year to step your game up and you sang that boring song for a “jab?”

Ugh. I don’t condone rudeness…especially Kanye’s rudeness…but I wanted somebody, anybody to come up and snatch the mic from Taylor. I never, ever want to hear that song again or her sing live…again. Ever. Ever. Never.

*raises hands, kicks mic. walks off stage*

• Lauren from Texas

September 13, 2010 | Reply

Love the dress & the song. My mom recently told me she almost named me Rhiannon & I sort of wish she had <3

• Chloe

September 13, 2010 | Reply

I personally was waiting for the #kanyeshouldhaveinterruptedthat trending topic to launch on Twitter last night. Ugh, Taylor Swift’s performance was so painful.

Love your dress- the print is beautiful on you! I’m always jealous of people that can wear prints; I try and the print ends up wearing me. *sighs*

• Katarina

September 13, 2010 | Reply

I refuse to watch MTV anymore but after this post I imediately searched for a clip of Florences’ performance. Though the only one I could find on youtube was a crappy iphone-shot, it still was magical. Hands down, she is my favorite musician this year. Her record is plain genious and yes she has a great voice- on cd and live.

• Amanda

September 13, 2010 | Reply

i love these pictures and the dress’s print.Ugh! VMAs.

• Danielle

September 13, 2010 | Reply

Your dress = LOVE!!! You look gorgeous in it.

• FASHION SNAG

September 13, 2010 | Reply

The print is beyond gorgeous and the feather plants are so pretty!

• Sassi

September 13, 2010 | Reply

wow, I want your dress! it’s really adorable. love the shape and the colour – so cool!
    X

• Rhianna

September 13, 2010 | Reply

I love the song too I was named after it although my Mom changed it up a bit. (Rhianna) I am loving Fleetwood MAc right now missing home and it fills the void.

Love the dress too

September 13, 2010 | Reply

LOVE the dress. I originally bought that Fleetwood Mac album not for the music, but for Stevie’s witchy black dress on the cover! ;) Then, once I put it on the turntable I decided, “Hmmm…not a bad album, either.” LOL You actually remind me of Michelle Phillips in this dress, in her Laurel Canyon days. The dress is so right for platform shoes. A heavier shoe balances out the hem of the dress. Out of all your outfits, the Bohemian slant seems very natural for you. This one is right up there with that Bebe floral dress. What do you think of Ralph Lauren’s “Luciana” floral dress interpretations for Fall 2010? I loved the way he showed them on the runway with the black fishnet fingerless gloves and skull hats. They looked so 1930′s. Now if someone would just revive the floral print peplumed 1970′s Pointer Sisters chic, I could finally clean out my closet and make a mint. There are decades in there – like that old Talking Heads song “Lifetimes Piling Up” :)
    Cheers – Rita

• Brandy

September 13, 2010 | Reply

I’ve been wondering: what kinds of things do the other people at the gallery wear? Are they as fashion forward as you?

If I dressed like that at work everyone would think I was ridiculously overdressed.

Love that dress!

• Esther

September 13, 2010 | Reply

I love your dress so much, you look great, particularly i love the lenght… I cant wait for you to dress it up with the coat and belt like in the magazine a couple of posts ago.

As far as the VMA’s, quality of music and artistic talent has considerably decreased over the decades, i was not pleased with much of it.

• Kerry

Great dress! I don’t think I could pull that off as well as you :(
    Oh, and those plants? In New Zealand, we call them toetoe (say like ‘toy-toy’) and they grow near beaches, which is everywhere in NZ.

• Katie

September 13, 2010 | Reply

Gorgeous, gorgeous dress – and I’m completely obsessed with those earrings!

• Heather

September 13, 2010 | Reply

You look sooooo lovely in long dresses. I’m so short, wish I could pull them off like you.

September 13, 2010 | Reply

you know how much i love this dress!

i only watched a tiny bit of the vmas. i laughed at the bieber and then moved on. chelsea was just so so. at least that is what i thought, but then again i was in a mood all weekend. and today. lol.

anywhooooooooo, love the dress and those feathery plant things!!!

• LuckALuck

September 13, 2010 | Reply

Could not agree more on Taylor Swift! I LOVE CHER! There I’ve said it. No more hiding. ;)

Your Grandmother…wow…one hip chick. Love all the stuff you wear that was hers. It would be fun to post a photo of her wearing one of her items and then see how you styled it. Clearly you both have awesome taste.

• Pauline

September 13, 2010 | Reply

This dress is so pretty with all the different colours!

Woohoo go Cher! I haven’t heard her in a LONG time!

xo

• Nadine

September 13, 2010 | Reply

That first photo is unreal! I have never been to LA, or even to the States, but it really makes me want to! The plants are pampas, I guess (in New Zealand they have a Maori name). Yes, the feathery bit are the flowers.

September 13, 2010 | Reply

Regardless, Taylor Swift had an excellent performance. People were most likely pressuring her her to answer to last year’s VMAs, and she did so in the most dignified, lady-like way possible. You might not have been impressed, but as someone who has seen her live, she is quite the entertainer. I have never been to a concert where someone has give more of their body and soul as Taylor Swift. Also, with all those bad influences out there, aren’t we happy to have a homebody like Taylor Swift?

• Laura

September 14, 2010 | Reply

You look gorgeous In that dress I love how it looks on you!!!

• Katie

September 14, 2010 | Reply

This dress is AMAZING! It has my absolute favorite mix of colors in it. Also… don’t you love super long dresses? I feel gorgeous all day when I wear something like that.

• Lisa Petrarca

September 14, 2010 | Reply

AWESOME…that’s all that needs to be said about your dress!

I figured I’d catch the VMA’s during one of their million playbacks!LOL!

September 14, 2010 | Reply

OK – I am the same age as you, but when I see you taking pics in what appears to be remote locations I get nervous. I have 2 kids and since having them I have become EVERYONES Mom, even though I’m young!

Please be careful out there… :)

Love the blog!

Love the dress! Totally forgot about the VMA’S – glad to hear I didn’t miss much! LOL

• gina

September 14, 2010 | Reply

Great dress! Lovely necklace.

• fashionslap

September 14, 2010 | Reply

I like Taylor Swift she is a sweet girl and deserves her success she worked for it even if you may not agree. Either way who cares I’m over the Kanye thing so F that I’m also over Bieber can Kanye please interrupt him and feed him to Kesha? On the other hand loved Lindsey Lohan laughing at herself ha. Other than that Florence is a good performer, but I’m over the deep soulful music oh I’m so cool I listen to this ugh give me dance music.

• MELISSA Z.

amazing dress, great print and colors! <3

• VintageGoa

September 14, 2010 | Reply

You look gorgeous in that long dress…like a princess:)
    xoxo

• Jill

Love it!

• Luca Belotti

Hey cool blog!
    Please visit my blog and tell me what you think about. I hope you’ll be one of my followers.

Bye LB

• Daniela

LOVE this dress!!

• TK Kerouac

Beautiful

those dress colours would pull anyone out of a funk!

• Tara Gibson

September 14, 2010 | Reply

that is stunning on you!

• Caroline, No.

September 14, 2010 | Reply

Want that dress. Gorge print and colours, fab shape too. I’ve been looking for one just like it for aaages. x

September 14, 2010 | Reply

Hey Maegan, those “flowers” are called Pampas. Evidently Californians grew them to sell as hat plumes…to copy the French! I know this cause an ex boyfriend used to live on a street called Pampas.

• kate @ undeniable style

September 14, 2010 | Reply

you can rock the maxi, girl! I always feel like they overwhelm me ( being 5’3″ and all). Any tips for how to pull it off if you’re a shorty like me?

xo,
    kate

• Felicia

September 14, 2010 | Reply

Cher wearing her “If I Could Turn Back Time” outfit was the best part of that whole boring night!!! And I freaking LOVE Fleetwood Mac!!!