One is the loneliest number that you’ll ever do

lace up boots and socks+leopard scarf+louis vuitton bag+street style

What I’m Wearing
* Marc Echo men’s blue button down {I snatched this basic when the husband and I were shopping for him in Vegas}
* white thrifted sweater worn over
* J Brand black skinny jeans …cuffed. I don’t think I’ve put these on in about a year {well, that’s probably a lie but I’d have to check my outfit archives to tell} …and they were just as tight as I remembered and oh so uncomfortable -especially on the day Aunt FLo arrives. While sitting at work all day, I was so wishing I had one of those stretchy pregnancy bands to wear around the top of the jeans so I could leave them unbuttoned for the remainder of the day. But no.
* Leopard scarf {again …I’m so loving this. It’s actually just a yard of sheer leopard print fabric I picked up last time I was at the fabric store}
* White ruffle socks {you can get these in the little girls section of Target …just get the biggest size. I secretly love wearing ruffle socks under long pants or jeans}
* Sam Edelman peep toe granny boot
* Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 {with vintage rabbit’s foot charm}
* Tom Ford cat-eye sunglasses
* Title: lyrics from ONE by Three Dog Night

WOW. I think today is the first time in the history of my outfit posting that I used only one photo. It wasn’t on purpose really, it was more of the only photo that was good enough to use variety. So I figured, why force it?

I’m so happy it’s Friday. I am finding it increasingly difficult to get myself to the art gallery to work for someone else when I have so many projects that 1. I Am trying to get done and/or 2. Wishing I had time to begin. Working on anything other than this blog or something that directly relates to it just seems counterproductive at this point. Every minute of time I spend on something else I only think about how much time & energy and effort I’m not putting towards a project I am working on or could be working on. And even though I’m only at the gallery 3 days a week, this October marks 10 years I have now spent working here {sometimes full-time sometimes part} …and ten years is a long time. I was 24 when I started, accidentally really, and am 34 now and it’s becoming more and more difficult to motivate & not resent everything about it …even in this freaky economic time when so many people are without jobs. Yes, I see how it all sounds so bratty but when do you bite the bullet and take that risk, that leap of faith {or whatever} and focus all of your energy on being your own boss instead of working for someone else?

So Friday afternoon marks the beginning of a glorious three day period of which I get to spend working and finishing projects and starting new ones instead of enjoying any time off. Downtime, you ask? Time off? …that’s how I spent my 20′s, I’m just making up for it now.

happyFriday

Share/Bookmark

• A.Co

October 8, 2010 | Reply

Awwww I like it better when you post MORE pictures! I first noticed the change when I started reading the text and went, ‘Hey, this normally comes AFTER all the pictures…’ then read that you wrote you were using only one picture… but not believing you (ha!), I tried to scroll down to see more picture, and alas, you were not lying.

Cute socks… and idea. I want to see the ruffles though! :P

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

• anhesty

October 8, 2010 | Reply

ugh you can alwys put together the cutest outfits! you should become a stylist!

• Gwen

October 8, 2010 | Reply

I actually told a coworker about 15 minutes before reading your post that being at work when I have so much to do at home seems counter-productive. I get these bursts of energy where I’m ready to organize and declutter but then by the time I get home my job has sucked all of my energy away. Enjoy your three day weekend!!! XOXO

P.S. I had to share that I hit my 2 year smoke free anniversary yesterday. :)

• Sadie's Momma

October 8, 2010 | Reply

This is one of my favorite outfits. I wish we could be our own bosses RIGHT NOW. We’re so good enough.

• FASHION SNAG

October 8, 2010 | Reply

Love the cuffed denim.

October 8, 2010 | Reply

happy friday, and i love the outfit.

and the grind is SUCH A GRIND. argh. you are working your grass off, so you might be able to escape the gallery very, very soon. but please don’t leave until i win the lottery or find a well-to-do man that wants to just take care of me. :)

• Craftmaker

October 8, 2010 | Reply

AH! I wanted to see more pics :(
    Hope you can be your own boss soon! I am trying to find a job that I can do from home, but it is very difficult with this economic. Let’s pray so that everything gets better.

Maria from:

• freeteyme

October 8, 2010 | Reply

happy Friday! Yes, I’m not used to seeing just 1 pic. Love the shoes!

• LahTeaDah

October 8, 2010 | Reply

Even tho its one picture …. it says it all! Great outfit and I LOVE the scarf… then again I might be bias :)

Hey- come check out my blog on Monday. Im having my first ever contest… its going to be fun!

XOXO
    Yours Truly

• Daniela

October 8, 2010 | Reply

:/ I know exactly how that is. Nov marks 11 years at my job and it truly does take up so much time that could be used on other things.
    Enjoy your weekend!

• L ~DIY Diva~

October 8, 2010 | Reply

“when do you bite the bullet and take that risk, that leap of faith {or whatever} and focus all of your energy on being your own boss instead of working for someone else?”
    I AM FACING THE SAME DILEMNA GIRL!

~L~

• Caroline, No.

October 9, 2010 | Reply

God, I am in EXACTLY the same place as you now. Finally discovered my motivation at age 34, spent my whole 20s partying. So now, I feel old and tired and have to work harder than even. Yeah, I’m MOANING! ;p

I have to say that I think your outfit looks really cool, though. I love when you dress down, but I am a scruffy Brit after all.

Have a great weekend. Cx

• Dylana Suarez

October 9, 2010 | Reply

Your shoes are amazing!

colormenana.blogspot.com

• Coy Fallacy

October 9, 2010 | Reply

I hate to admit it but I to feel some sort of resentment for my job. I feel as though I have become part of this drone inspired world. I sit in a cubicle for 8+ hours a day handling pharmaceutical order for a major company that makes me feel as if I am insignificant to their growing success.

After doing nothing but sitting for 8+ hours, I then feel no energy for what I need to be doing such as designing and networking.

I want to have a job where I shake, move, walk and drive as part of my work day.

I have an idea of what I want to to do but I won’t finish school with my double major until next year sometime so I have to remain in the drone-infested world that I now live in just a little longer.

• Coy Fallacy

October 9, 2010 | Reply

P.S. I love the outfit. I can’t wait to order some shoes and socks to generate that same effect.

• Kat

October 9, 2010 | Reply

I’m not sure if I should be excited for you or not… I noticed the prenatal mention a few posts back, but I know some women take them for health purposes… and now the the pregnancy band… Hmmm….

Anyhoo, love it as always. I recently bought a pair of otk boots and thought of your blog whilst at DSW. They had a few pairs of them were made to look like knee high boots with socks underneath (sort of like that look you did around fall time last year)

• verena

October 10, 2010 | Reply

the outfit is great.

love your blog <3
    please check out mine.

• duckalicious

October 10, 2010 | Reply

I have a similar problem and it’s one of those pesky ones I can’t seem to resolve. I realize I’m lucky to have a job, but sometimes I feel like it’s slowly killing me and I should be doing something else, somethign with more meaning for me and my life. I’m starting with a new project next month and I really hope it’s at least a bit interesting … anyway, I wanted to say that I admire your creativity, mine is all drained and yes, I blame work =D

• Nadine

October 10, 2010 | Reply

I love this post! I work for myself, and yes, times are tougher than they used to be. But one day you will make the leap and you will love it!

• Kris

October 11, 2010 | Reply

I feel the same way you do about work. That’s one reason I went back to school so that I can eventually take that leap as well! Would love to know what you are working on. All the best.

ps check out my giveaway if you have a free moment… HAHA!! ;o)

• Pretty Little World

October 13, 2010 | Reply

Everything about this outfit is kind of amazing. Love, love, love.

I’m starting to feel the same way about my teaching job – it’s a great job to have, but it’s not what I love. I’ve finally just said that I have to start making changes and working toward what I really want to do, or it’s never going to happen.