Working Girl meets Tim Burton

black on black+stripes+leather leggings+man's blazer+velvet angels wedges

black on black on black+tim burton outfit+working girl+long hair, fashion blogger, blogs, fashion blogs,

black outfit+man's blazer+over size blazer+oversized+ferragamo bag

black on black outfit+stripes+liquid leggings+faux leather pants+dark

black and white stripes+leather leggings+black wedges+black and white

Oh the lighting. Oh the darkness. Oh how frustrating getting good shots is due to the time change. SIGH

What I’m Wearing
* Husband’s oversized black blazer ….seen once here {when I used to do the high kick shoe pose with my imac} I know some of you miss that and I’m sorry. There’s also a little braid hair tutorial included in that post which I should totally revisit as my roots are about as grown out now as they were then.
* Cory Lynn Calter black and white striped oversized top …from GILT – which I continued to wear with regular black leggings, a gray cardigan and my knee high Jeffrey Campbell boots for the remainder of the weekend. {this was Friday’s outfit}
* American Apparel shiny eel black leggings {now on sale!} – I’ve had these forever actually but this is my first time wearing them.
* Black Pashmina scarf and white gold hoop earrings
* Velvet Angels Naked Lunch bootie with socks ….They’re AVAILABLE AGAIN HERE!!
* Salvatore Ferragamo bag
* Title: for all you youngins ;) I’m referring to the movie Working Girl

I vowed to stay away from my computer all weekend – well, until Sunday night to prepare my Monday post {now/this} and even though it was more than difficult not to login and post something on the weekend, I did it. I couldn’t stay away from Twitter the entire weekend though, especially at the end of the Jets game Sunday morning …but I used my iPhone. Good for me. It was a needed and necessary break although I’d be lying if I told you I wasn’t thinking about it off an on the entire time …which obviously proves I’m a junkie.

Through my absence though, I did relax a bit; played hours of Rock Band with the husband and even more with friends on Saturday night. Sunday afternoon, the husband and I put up the Christmas lights …and giggled the entire time. Well, the husband didn’t “giggle” really – that was all me. I wouldn’t normally hang lights until after Thanksgiving but this year I just couldn’t wait. Though we only got half of the house done, the right side, due to the fact that we lack the proper tools to put the rest up, we have them all lit up anyway in all their half-assed holiday glory. I’m 100% positive the neighbors are driving by saying “why didn’t they do the other side?”

• FASHION SNAG

November 22, 2010 | Reply

LOLing at the half assed lights! Good way to drive the neighbors nuts =) I love those shoes you are wearing. x

• CessOviedo

November 22, 2010 | Reply

Great outfit for a friday…Crazy about your shinny leggings! They totally rock! … Nice to read you had a fun offline weekend, it’s sometimes necessary but hard to accomplish!

• Kinsey

November 22, 2010 | Reply

Those leggings are so cute! I have seen them in stores, but I haven’t seen anyone brave enough to rock them yet. You look so great here!

• TERI REES WANG

November 22, 2010 | Reply

Yep, I left my laptop behind for the weekend road trip, and there was basically no Verizon service along the way, nor when we landed.

It’s good to…walk away…or stomp out and on the roof in the Tim Burton inspiration ensemble and light up the ‘hood.

Cheers!

• Fashion Butter

November 22, 2010 | Reply

Haha, like your disclaimer about the title.

• fashion junkie

November 22, 2010 | Reply

I love your husband’s blazer. Looks great on you.
    This whole weekend was a lazy one for me, especially because I stood in line all night for the Lanvin and H&M.

xoxo,
    MelRod

• Katie

November 22, 2010 | Reply

The leggings look fabulous!

• A.Co

November 22, 2010 | Reply

I was actually SHOCKED I didn’t see nor hear from you all weekend long!! But good for you – that’s not an easy feat!

YAY Christmas. Hubs and I are putting up our tree tomorrow night! YESSSS!! (But then again, we’re Canadian and we’ve already HAD our Thanksgiving a month ago…)

A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

• Amanda

November 22, 2010 | Reply

Yes, those AmerApp shiny leggings…I do love. They’re high-waisted, right? I wore mine in shiny-ass white for my Halloween jellyfish costume! ;)

One thing about those puppies is THEY HUG EVERY LITTLE CURVE OF YOUR LEGS, FO’ SHO!
    Good thing you have great legs! ;)

• Serena P.

November 22, 2010 | Reply

Love the blazer!
    S.

• jennine

November 22, 2010 | Reply

omg, i totally missed daylight savings time because the only clock i check is my iphone or my computer. it automatically set the time, so i had no idea!

this is the first year ever that it happened that way.

anyway, i’m really liking the shiny shiny of your outfit, very nice!

• Kitty Stampede

November 23, 2010 | Reply

you are always look so effortless but beautiful.
    love this look…it’s channeling kate moss a bit. but that is always a good thing!

• TK Kerouac

November 23, 2010 | Reply

phychologists are looking to name a diagnostic condition for internet addictions.
    Its no different then any other addiction that we use for escapism, attention,what have you.
    Its not a bad thing unless its excessive.

• The Femme Fatale

November 23, 2010 | Reply

A fantastic black on black look! I love your hair too :)

• Caroline

November 23, 2010 | Reply

I’ve been having that same issue with the daylight .. .freaking daylight savings :) Love the outfit!

• Annushka

November 23, 2010 | Reply

I Love this look!!!))) You very beautiful, this blog very interesting.

• Alysia Pollock

November 23, 2010 | Reply

love those shoesss! ;) cute blog!