Inside My Closet …as it is Now

DSC_0038
I cannot believe that as of yesterday, we’ve been in our “new” house for year now. It’s really blowing my mind actually. And honestly, I’m surprised at myself that I still haven’t finished decorating. Though most of the rooms are almost done very few are complete. My office/closet/dressing room {studio}, for example was first on my list of rooms to complete. And here I am, a year later, sitting at the same desk I’ve had for the last ten years at least, in a room that’s just thrown together.

What I thought was going to be the most fun room to decorate became my most difficult. What I thought would merge quite perfectly {my workspace with my closet} proved to be more of a challenge than I realized. I pretty much got as far as organizing my accessories & jewelry and called it a day. So I vowed in December that it would be my New Years project, I’d finally finish my office. And then January happened and I did nothing. But randomly, last week, while searching for a piece for the living room, the perfect desk & workspace presented itself to me. And now I’m inspired!

So I give you, my closet …as it has looked since we moved in last year, though perhaps, with more shoes. I love that it’s painted gray, it came that way …I love the shoe shelves; they store more of my daily wearers, and my less expensive shoes. Many of my designer shoes remain in their boxes to prevent dust though some are on display on my magazine stacks on my dressers. I’m planning on adding some built in shelves to the top so I can really organize my jeans & handbags more efficiently.

. . . and for those of you who don’t like to read this is my “before” post . . .
DSC_0059

DSC_0065 DSC_0045

DSC_0088

. . . the shoe side . . .

DSC_0072

DSC_0006

. . . the handbag side . . .

DSC_0084

DSC_0086

It’s messy …it’s lived in …it works. It’s nowhere near complete. However, it may not change much once all is said and done. It’s my closet inside my dressing room/office …and I’ll be working on finally pulling the entire space together in the nearest future possible, that is, as soon as I have some free time …and go and get my new desk.

Share/Bookmark

• Cupcakes and Cosmopolitans

OMG, so many shoes!
    I think I want to live in there.

$armin<3

• Leire

Love your closet!!!

fashionreallyrocks.blogspot.com

kisssssss

• House of Hemingway

• My Shoes Please

January 20, 2011 | Reply

I LOVE your closet and your shoe side! I’m organizing my new closet the same as your and I just can’t wait to live in my new house :) You have a great one!

• Kat

January 20, 2011 | Reply

I love closets that look like you’re actually wearing your clothes…

I live in this old Victorian which has built in bookcases galore… In the room that I turned into closet (downside of old Victorian) I use the old built in bookcase to house my shoes… love it.

Your shoe rack reminds me of that.

• Kirsten

January 20, 2011 | Reply

Very similar, the 12th marked our year anniversary of getting the keys to our house, and yet there is not one room “finished”. Ahh one day.

• the peach chablis

January 20, 2011 | Reply

Love that I spied some good ‘ol chuck taylors hiding in your closet. My <3 for you has grown.

• Kelly

January 20, 2011 | Reply

So many shoes! I just moved a few weeks ago and want to do something amazing with my closet, but for now it is just stuffed with stuff… I need inspiration!

• Fashion Agony

January 20, 2011 | Reply

I wish my closet was so neat :)

xoxo
    Check out my 100 £ ASOS Gift Voucher GIVEAWAY!

• Zoe, All for Style

January 20, 2011 | Reply

You’re closet isn’t messy at all. It’s functional and that’s all that’s important. It looks like you can easily find what you need when you need it. Love the shoe side btw.

• Nadine

The Hat is wunderful!

Liebste Grüsse, Nadine

Cent Fleurs

• anhesty

January 20, 2011 | Reply

i feel the same way about my house. we’ve been in our house for almost 2 yrs and i am nowhere near being done. looking to get curtains finally!

• Tiffany

January 20, 2011 | Reply

your closet rack looks like mine- I have to literally shove things to the left or right to find space to put something in or take something out. And your shoe collection is breath-taking. Especially loving the old-school checkered vans I saw peeking out :)

• CessOviedo

January 20, 2011 | Reply

Oh girl! Trust me you don’t stand alone here, I’ve been decorating my “grown up” bedroom for almost two years and not getting it done anytime soon, there are so many things, ideas, stuff to shop for that has take forever!… Love your shoe racks, funny to see you own red converse sneakers, never would’ve guessed! … Godd luck on you resolution, hope we both can get it done soon!

• Fashion Momma

January 20, 2011 | Reply

Holy Mother of God, Lady! May I go shopping for shoes in there? :)

• Team Romey

January 20, 2011 | Reply

i noticed almost all of your hangers are wire, do you prefer those to the plastic???

• Nuha Sofiyan

I want to shop in your closet! I’m loving that leather handbag on the door

• Katie

January 20, 2011 | Reply

As long as it works thats all that matters! My closet is NOT so its on the list to work on!

• ...love Maegan

January 20, 2011 | Reply

…most of my hangers are actually the clear plastic variety {http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Dress-Hangers-12-Clear/dp/B0026O1TFI/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1295552855&sr=1-4} you find in departments stores …but I’m trying to switch over to these: http://www.amazon.com/ULTRA-SLIM-VELVET-SUIT-HANGERS-BLACK/dp/B001HOMYV6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1295552708&sr=8-5 …lol I actually can’t stand wire hangers. The plastic ones are all left for my husband’s clothes b/c mine slip off of them :)

• Jelka

omg, I love your closet!

January 20, 2011 | Reply

Love that shoe collection!!!
    I wish you could have a closet like the ones from your inspirational photos from your old closet post. You so deserve it! :)

• SunnyP

January 20, 2011 | Reply

Finally got signed up to follow with google. :)
    P.S on my Anonymous post:
    You should get those slim hangers as soon as you can. :) ) They did wonders for my closet.

• Nadine

Amazing! :)

• ash

January 20, 2011 | Reply

my baby belt collection wants to be like yours when it grows up!

• Anna Saccone

January 20, 2011 | Reply

*sigh* I love American closets!! Especially yours..haha :)

• Whoop it up!

wow! amazing collection (:
    who would not like to live inside ?! :o

• Jenny.

January 20, 2011 | Reply

I want to live in your closet and watch you dress…Uh..What? Not in a sexual way, in a fashion way…

• Carrie

January 21, 2011 | Reply

I have been in this house for 6 years. Closet is still a work in progress. I need it a little more inspiring! Hard to do when hubby shares the space. He’s so mean, he won’t let me paint it pink and put in a chandelier!

• Lisa Petrarca

January 21, 2011 | Reply

Maegan, Can I come and live in there and sneak out every morning with a new outfit and shoes on? You wouldn’t mind would you?

Your shoe collection has me drooling all over my keyboard!!

• Yaya' s Home

January 21, 2011 | Reply

Awesome closet. My closet is a tiny little walk-through an’ SO not workin’. Great pictures, too.

~ Yaya

• Liana

January 21, 2011 | Reply

dude your closet is amazing! it looks pretty well organized to me…and can i just say you have an amazing shoe collection? jealous!

Fashion Bag 411

• Jet

January 21, 2011 | Reply

Oh,very nice .I really like them ^^!

♥♥Happy♥New♥Year♥♥♥♥░░░░░░☆☆
    ☆☆ ♥░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓░░░░▓▓░
    ☆☆ ░░░♫░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░▓░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓░
    ☆☆ ░░♥░░░▓▓░░▓░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░░▓░
    ☆☆░♫░░▓▓░░░░▓░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░░▓░
    ☆☆░░░▓▓░░░░░▓░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░░▓░
    ☆☆░♥▓▓░░░░░░▓░░░░░▓░░░▓░░░░░▓░░
    ☆☆░♫▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓░

———————————-
    Welcome to my websites : In there where have a lot of wallpapers, themes for desktop , for mobile and themes for media . Especialy all free ^^!

• blossomlink

January 21, 2011 | Reply

I wish I had a closet as big as Carrie Bradshaw’s!!
    I love your shoes collection!:)

xoxo,
    Yuka

January 21, 2011 | Reply

Hi Maegan,
    Nice pics, when you have time take photos only of your shoes.

Bye sweet

Darla

• Yet

January 21, 2011 | Reply

You really have a lot of clothes and shoes! I can see why you feel like there’s more to be done. Maybe if you room is a dressing room, you could take out some of your hats, purses and scarfs from the closet and put them around the room “boutique” style…
    By the way, I found your link from Madebygirl.

• Violet

January 22, 2011 | Reply

wow i love your closet so much and the one shoe to save space thing is genius

XX
    Vi from Cali

• Gwen

January 22, 2011 | Reply

I am so jealous of your shoe collection!!!! XOXO

• ...love Maegan

January 22, 2011 | Reply

Violet …yes, it’s one shoe in front, one in back but at an angle

• Miss A

January 22, 2011 | Reply

Fabulous Closet! I have been thinking of arranging my shoes that way, that is one of each pair on display, instead of both side by side, but wasn’t sure it made sense, now that I see it, i’m off to implement it! Certainly helps to see more of them at once.

• HauteLook

February 25, 2011 | Reply

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Faith

March 23, 2011 | Reply

Thanks for the awesome posts! Wondering-how do you get your boots to stand upright? I’m looking for a way to store my taller boots and some of them aren’t as structured and fall over. Do you stuff them?
    THanks!

• free standing closet

March 9, 2012 | Reply

I want to shop in your closet! I’m loving that leather handbag on the door

• Gigi@ enemy of the average

May 24, 2012 | Reply

We have to talk about your hangers… Huggable Hangers from HSN. Do not buy the imitations anywhere else. Life changing. Trust.