Timm’s Gettin’ some "Big Love"

IMG_6774

Our friend Timmy had a part on the season premier of Big Love {this week’s episode} …you’ll see him about 16 minutes in. Nice job, T-bone!

While everyone raves about this show, the husband and I have really only caught a few past episodes. In fact, we turned this one on almost 10 minutes in just to catch Timmy’s part …but somehow by 18 minutes in, we were totally and completely hooked {must have been Timmy}. Nothing could tear us away from the show …well, that’s not entirely true. About 10 minutes later we heard screams from a distance outside that sounded like “Help! …Help! …Help!” and as the husband ran to the window, I searched frantically for the remote to pause the show …then as if it never happened, the screaming subsided and cars went screeching off. At one point a car looked as if it was coming at our place and the husband shoed me away from the windows. But all went quiet and we got back to Big Love …until we heard an overhead police helicopter ruining the show again for us. It soon disappeared and a few cop cars parked down the street so we resumed the show …even rewinding it to catch what we missed. By the end, even through all the commotion, it’s safe to say we are fans.

When the husband returned from walking the dogs an hour later, he found out from a neighbor that all the commotion was another neighbor getting mugged. I KNOW! Apparently a car followed him home and as he pulled into his driveway 3 dudes got out and started beating him, thus the screams for help. He’s okay …and we feel a little bad that we were so engrossed in the show that we didn’t hear the “helps” until it was too late …and also, a bit unsafe.

I digress: Nice job Timmy!

IMG_6767

Tweet This!

• *amanda*

random comment, kinda unrelated:
    *BIG* love…I could use some.

• Deborah

January 19, 2011 | Reply

I’ve been WAITING for the Big Love premier. We’ve been watching since the BEGINNING! So oddly compelling.

That’s horrible about your neighbor!

• Meg O.

January 19, 2011 | Reply

I’ll definitely have to look for Timmy when we watch Big Love! It’s such a different show – I love it. I haven’t been loving it lately, but I hope this final season really gets better for me!!! – Meg @ O. is Me

• Abramyan Avenue

January 19, 2011 | Reply

I am completely hooked on Big Love!! I’ve been crazy about it since season 1…it’s kinda sad to think this is the final season. So sorry to hear about your neighbor. I actually read that if you are being mugged or raped you should never scream “help” instead you should scream “FIRE” or something lke that. Sadly when you scream “help” people are less likely to help you. Crazy isn’t it?

• PeaceLoveApplesauce

Oh, I love Big Love!!
    Bee watching since the beginning but then I missed last season. I hope it’s pretty easy to catch up!!
    Happy Hump Day!!

• Amanda Blair

January 19, 2011 | Reply

Well that’s scary! Stay safe!!

I love Big Love but sadly don’t have HBO anymore. I’ll have to catch it when it comes out on DVD.

• Poppy

January 19, 2011 | Reply

OMG that is so scary! People are crazy. I havent seen that show but I heard it was really good, I’m going to have to check it out.

January 19, 2011 | Reply

Maegan, I normally love you and your blog, but I cannot believe that you and your husband heard someone screaming for help and did nothing about it, just went back to watching television.

He was mugged and beaten up by thugs. What if it were a woman who was about to get raped? Or killed? Why didn’t you call 911 saying you heard screams for help? Why didn’t your husband grab a baseball bat and get out there? It’s your own neighborhood!

• Stacey B

January 19, 2011 | Reply

Oh jeez, I came to make a comment about how great this show is and how you should watch it from the beginning and then I noticed the anonymous comment above. Seriously, if you are going to criticize someone…put your name to it. You’re no vigilante yourself “Mr. Anonymous.”

January 19, 2011 | Reply

I leave all my blog comments anonymously, whether they be critical or complimentary. Most people use pseudonyms anyway. How does that change my message??! How is simply dialing 911 “vigilantism”? Look, I love Maegan as much as anyone, trust me, but I had to make a comment because I would really, really hate to feel that being apathetic to crimes occurring right next to you is acceptable. It’s not. I would like to think that if I’m being beaten up by random men that someone who hears my screams for help would at least call the police.

This is true whether it be a poor animal lying by the side of the road or a lady getting her purse stolen or anyone who is vulnerable and being attacked.

• Bloggers Abode

January 19, 2011 | Reply

Sorry babe, love you but I totally have to agree with ANON on this. I couldn’t go back to doing ANYTHING unless I at least made the effort and went out to see if everything was o.k. Just because the yelling stopped, didn’t mean someone wasn’t still in need of help. And if you yourself didn’t want to be endangered at least call the cops to check it out.

• Holly Courtney

January 19, 2011 | Reply

Maegan, I don’t mean to gang up on you, but I can’t help but agree with anonymous and Bloggers Abode. I was shocked as I kept reading your post to find out that you went back to watching tv. I realize that it is not safe for a woman to go wandering around at night when she hears someone yelling for help but I do wish you would have called the police.

January 19, 2011 | Reply

i love this show!!! sadly i don’t have hbo (because i am a cheap and poor bastard!), so i have to catch it on dvd. BUT I LOVE IT! can’t wait to catch up on it!

and somebody was mugged in your neighborhood?! that is awful! when i lived in the hood in canoga park, helicopters were forever circling my neighborhood. once i heard someone getting beaten up in the alley below my apartment. and don’t even get me started on all of the hookers and drugs that circled around that joint. ugh. no good!

• 網頁設計

January 20, 2011 | Reply

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!

• ~alison

January 22, 2011 | Reply

Finally, you got hooked…I guess Timmy being the reason is a good one. I have been telling you to get on this show. LOVE BIG LOVE and FYI – this is the LAST SEASON! So stop watching this season and start from the beginning!