We Belong to the Light We Belong

DSC_0011

What I’m Wearing
* Burberry shorty trench
* Forever 21 leopard print turtleneck T …last seen here {it’s ancient though}
* Dark gray woven Marc by Marc Jacobs shorts …stolen out of the husband’s closet {cinched and cuffed up}
* Asos boyfriend belt
* Gold D&G watch, Big brass hoop earrings {not sure where these are from}
* American Apparel thigh high socks in taupe {pushed down}
* Kelsi Dagger ‘Eva 1’ lace up Ankle Boots ….find them Here in my color – taupe
* Tom Ford cat eye sunglasses
* Louis Vuitton Speedy {30} bag

Title: lyrics from Pat Benetar’s “We Belong”
{note the lime green gloves & close-ups of cinched paper-bag waists, lol}

On Friday morning after getting dressed in this outfit for work, I walked into the living room where the husband was and this conversation ensued . . .

Me: Hey baby?
Him: Yeah?
Me: How’s the sock situation? Is it too much?
Him: No, they don’t bother me.
Me: Okay good …do you recognize the shorts? {heh heh}
Him: Those high waisted, huge, ugly shorts? Horrible.
Me: They’re yours. . . . and they’re not that high waisted
Him: HUH!??!
Me: They are YOURS.
Me: They’re your Marc Jacobs shorts {smiling}
Him: HOW ARE YOU WEARING MY SHORTS!?!? {I mean, almost mad about it, lol}
Me: Cinched up with this belt!
Him: *shaking his head in disbelief*
Me: So you think the shorts are worse than the socks then?
Him: uh YEAH!

apologies if you follow me on twitter & have already heard a bit of this story

DSC_0049

DSC_0061

DSC_0044

DSC_0029

LA native & lifestyle blogger Maegan Tintari writes daily at ...love Maegan.com sharing beauty & style secrets, including fashion DIYs, how-to nail art manicures, hair tutorials, recipes & home decorating ideas, as well as a look into her personal life, her journey & battle with infertility & recent relocation to the mountains by a lake in search of a better life with her adorable French Bulldog brothers, Trevor and Randy.

• Rachel

January 31, 2011 | Reply

IT’S NOT FAIR THAT YOUR HUSBAND HAS FASHIONABLE CLOTHES THAT YOU MAKE EVEN MORE FASHIONABLE!
    My husband wears 10 year old track pants. There’s a DIY project. Make THAT look good…..
    *pout*

• Katie

January 31, 2011 | Reply

Too funny he didn’t even recognize his own shorts. You just made them look a lot better 🙂

• Lyndsay

January 31, 2011 | Reply

I love that short trench coat! Seeing you in an outfit like that, makes me wish it was warm enough here to wear spring clothes!

• *amanda*

Haa haa! BOYS!

I ♥ those shoes, and I miss wearin’ shorts. Around these parts, we’re holding hands with snow-plows, bracing ourselves for ANOTHER snow storm!! ACK!!

Can’t wait for Spring; you make it look exciting!

• MerciBlahBlah

January 31, 2011 | Reply

God love you for getting that Pat Benetar song stuck in my head. I LOVE it. Totally used to play it on the piano and sing my lungs out to it. Yep, I was a choir (and band) geek and I’m not ashamed to admit it.

And you have a serious case of The Cutes.

Merci!
    Shannan

• Melissa

January 31, 2011 | Reply

That story is too funny to only hear one time anyway.

You look amazing! Good grief! Totally love every single bit of this.

• A

January 31, 2011 | Reply

I must disagree with your husband, Maegan. I actually don’t mind the shorts. I find them rather chic. However, the boots/socks combo must go. The color of both wash you out and the height of the sock shortens your (usually amazing) legs. Still love you though girlfriend! Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next.

• CessOviedo

January 31, 2011 | Reply

GReat story! I laughed when you tweeted about it! Great styling, takes talent and beauty to rock husband’s shorts!

Have a lovely week doll! xo

• modanista junkie

January 31, 2011 | Reply

This is hilarious! I had the similar thing happen to me last week. My boyfriend’s sweater shrunk, so he said, ” I need to get rid of these sweaters. They don’t fit me anymore.” I said, ” um, no you don’t. I’ll take them.” 🙂 Now THAT is a true “boyfriend” sweater. I love hand-me-downs.

P.S. I love the whole outfit, and the socks rock!!

xoxo,
    melrod

• Alex

January 31, 2011 | Reply

I got those shoes from Gilt and I love them. I always pair them with thick socks like that too. It’s like they were made to be worn like that.

• Cindy Yang Lee

January 31, 2011 | Reply

LOL nice conversation! if only my husband was brutaly honest like yours!

• Cristy and Duda

YOUR BLOG IS AMAZING!!!!

very cute i am now a follower

• TK Kerouac

Cute!

January 31, 2011 | Reply

You are GORGEOUS…but I agree with your hubby. Those shorts may be stylish, but they ARE so very, very fug.

• Coley-Cole

January 31, 2011 | Reply

I like wearing my man’s clothes too! I actually love men’s clothing.

January 31, 2011 | Reply

Gotta go with the hubs on the shorts…love the rest of the outfit though.

January 31, 2011 | Reply

Your hair is STUNNINGLY beautiful! Just HAD to say that!

February 1, 2011 | Reply

well i love the convo. i LOVE it. and i love that you still wore them!!! he may never get them back! bah!

p.s. you look really pretty.

oh. the sci fi captain came back today and bought the print! swoooooooooon, even tho i hate that word.

• Lisa Petrarca

February 1, 2011 | Reply

The adorable things you come up with Maegan! I think they’re awesome & even makes it better that they’re your hubby’s.

Good job! Can’t wait to see more of his clothes on you-imagine, a whole new wardrobe without spending a dime!

YOU’RE A GENIUS!LOL!

• Emily

February 2, 2011 | Reply

Love those boots! Its totally ok to wear socks and boots, if its not, well… I am currently committing a fashion faux pas as we speak! xo

• Robin from OK

February 2, 2011 | Reply

Love those SHOES:) Wow, you look EXACTLY like your MOM!

• Lorena

February 2, 2011 | Reply

Loved the boot+socks -totally pulled it off.
    The shorts… I am not fully convinced, but you always look pretty .

• Erica

February 3, 2011 | Reply

woah, you are wearing your hubbys shorts! that’s totally different. outfit looks cute thou.

• Ife'

February 3, 2011 | Reply

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO!!! O-M-G. I had to read that conversation between you and your husband to my hubby. It was definitely a page out of our book. He HATES when I raid his closet, and he hates when I wear socks with heels/boots, and he HATES baggy anything. (he does love you,though. He says “that’s a bad white girl right there!” Lol)

Anyway, I LOVE this outfit…socks, baggy shorts, and all! My hubby didn’t agree with my sentiments, but he still says you’re his second favorite fashion blogger (I’m his favorite!) Lol