* She Blinded Me With Science *

DSC_0092

What I’m Wearing
* Very very old Calvin Klein denim pants
* Vintage sheer silk blouse with leaves
* Vintage gray blazer … last seen here on voting day!
* Man’s mauve tie …I had to “tie” in the shoe color. I’m matchy like that, lol.
* Dark silver hoops w/black crystals, vintage necklace, various bangles, & chain rope necklace – courtesy of Trendenzas – wrapped around wrist and worn as a bracelet … seen here around my neck
* Steve Madden mauve pumpslast seen here
* DVF navy suede bag … from a HauteLook sale
* Tom Ford cat eye sunglasses

* Title: lyrics from Thomas Dolby “She Blinded Me With Science”

Welllllllll …did you watch the Oscars last night? Were you strictly watching in hopes that BANKSY would make an appearance? Or at least win for best documentary? Well, I was …and was thoroughly surprised that Justin Timberlake was the ONLY one who mentioned him or the mystery behind him at all the entire night! A little bit of a let down for me really. The Inception intro with Anne & James was actually pretty funny and I loved the auto-tune Harry Potter & Social Network “videos”. Also, I’m pretty sure Franco was high throughout the entire evening and having nothing to do with being “high” but more to do with having the mind of a 12 year old boy, I thought the same thing about the title “Winter’s Bone”.

Back to the most important thing about the Oscars besides Banksy ….who was your pick for best and worst dressed? See mine here, along with everything in between.

{this pose kind of makes me die laughing …had to use it}

fashion, outfit post, what to wear, jeans and a blazer, straight hair, blonde, blond hair, hair, man's tie, vintage jewelry,DSC_0190

clothes, shopping, vintage jewelry, rings, accessories, jeans, vintage clothes, DSC_0142

hair, outfit, fashion, jeans, butt, long blonde hair, blondes, straight hair, DSC_0045

casual chic, fashion, hair, clothes, shopping, vintage, DSC_0099

casual chic, fashion, hair, clothes, shopping, vintage, straight blonde hair, blonde, hair, tom ford sunglasses, long blond hair, straight hair,  DSC_0155

outfit post, fashion blogs, diy blogs, casual chic, fashion, hair, clothes, shopping, blazer, 80's, calvin klein jeans, vintage, DSC_0181

casual chic, fashion, hair, clothes, shopping, vintage, DSC_0175

casual chic, fashion, hair, clothes, shopping, vintage, DSC_0128

casual chic, fashion, hair, clothes, shopping, vintage, DSC_0163

“Science!”

• Absolutely Mrs. K

February 28, 2011 | Reply

You always look so stylish, it looks simple, but it is fabulous. I love the jacket, the fabric looks fantastic. The jeans look very elegant. The accessories are a great asset. And finish it off with simple nude shoes, so stylish.

• Anna Saccone

February 28, 2011 | Reply

That jacket is amazing! I love how you took a really simple outfit and jazzed it up with accessories. Oh, and I love your wedding rings too..and your hair…and well, you overall :) <3

• Nadine

February 28, 2011 | Reply

Just beautiful. Love the colours and textures. You are such a style inspiration!

(No opinion whatsoever on the Oscars. What Oscars? I’m in New Zealand, and the Christchurch earthquake is the only story in the whole country. So sad – but so lovely to be able to take a moment and look at your gorgeous pictures.)

• Spec

February 28, 2011 | Reply

Simply gorgeous as always!

• zhing

such a cute bag!

• Raquel

February 28, 2011 | Reply

Oh come on Maegan, James Franco was totally high! You could see in his very glaze eyes!
    Best dress, Mila Kunis of course, she is a goddess!!!!Considering to get her dress for my brothers wedding….worst, probably Helena?

• Daniela

February 28, 2011 | Reply

cute and a little casual…love it!

• Rocio

February 28, 2011 | Reply

Love The look, great as usual, very smart but casual at The same time, I think I will “looklet” it and add it to my lovemaegan lookbook, you are a great inspiration to me!!

• anhesty

February 28, 2011 | Reply

very well put together outfit.

• Jenapea

February 28, 2011 | Reply

Do you edit all your pictures? I guess in particular I was wondering about the shot from above your head showing your necklace. Did you add a blur to it or did you camera just focus like that?

• Summer

February 28, 2011 | Reply

I LOVE your outfit today. Cute n casual which I love.

And maybe it was the fact that I was high (post op drugs) but not only did I know for sure that James Franco was on something, but my interest just wasn’t kept up this year.

Yeeee-awnnnn.

Thank goodness for Anne Hathaway!

• Amanda Blair

I love that bag!

• Gwen

February 28, 2011 | Reply

Who knew Ellie was so fashionable!!! She has a tie that she loves to wear also. :D

February 28, 2011 | Reply

OMG….How do you manage to fit into your “old” CK jeans???? (Thanks for reminding us to take good care of our clothes!) Have a sunny day, Sunshine!

• Kayla

February 28, 2011 | Reply

Love all your jewelry in this post. I also need to find a bag that color. Perfect Winter to Spring transition bag.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

• Kimberlee

February 28, 2011 | Reply

Franco was totally high lmao! I was let down by the show :( The promos were way funnier. They didn’t do so many “bits.” I always love the songs you reference, I totally get all the 80s ones like Duran Duran and this one. P.S. love me a girl in a tie!

• modanista junkie

February 28, 2011 | Reply

Love love love the tie, and the jewelry is perfect with the outfit!!! Your bag is amazing by the way!!

My favorite photo is the last one of you. Whoever took that photo captured the perfect shot. Great smile! You look so effortless and gorgeous!!!

Happy Monday!

xoxo,
    melrod

• Marina

great look!

• Marisa

February 28, 2011 | Reply

I love that chain rope necklace as a bracelet. It’s basically what I’ve been searching for since the dawn of time. Love the post title :)

• Behind the Lashes

February 28, 2011 | Reply

I’m soooo jealous if this is how you can dress for work. I can’t wear jeans and it sucks!! I love the tie too. And I thought Franco was “high” too lol

February 28, 2011 | Reply

LOL! love the post title and top shot! you are too much, and you are looking good.

the oscar’s were SO BORING! gah! i was losing my mind.

loved the winter’s bone chick’s look. AWESOME. and reese’s look. hated scarlett’s. HATED. and i hated sandra bullock’s entire look. bleh! and i am so tired that i can’t think of much else! lol

• Rene Braun

February 28, 2011 | Reply

Beautiful Photos! I love how look your hair and accessories!

You are welcome to visit my blog too! Kisses:))

• Mary Jo from TrustYourStyle

February 28, 2011 | Reply

You look fab and changing the subject, how great would it have been if Banksy had shown up?

xo Mary Jo

p.s. I hope you will come to my show during Fashion Week at Stephen Cohen Gallery. I will send you an invite :)

• Jody

March 1, 2011 | Reply

super stylish and love the tie!

• Jessica

March 1, 2011 | Reply

that blazer is amazing! loving the color combo today :)

xoxo

• Mary Ann

March 1, 2011 | Reply

Nice….i love the title, hehe ;-)

• Heather Pranitis

March 1, 2011 | Reply

You look absolutely smashing! Love, love, love the outfit.

• scarves

March 1, 2011 | Reply

Wish all of the network of friends have a new start .

hope you have a great 2011. Thanks for the link, sweetie!
    Titanium Necklaces

• Pretty Little World

March 1, 2011 | Reply

I like the jeans a lot. Don’t you love an old pair of jeans, esp. if you discover them in the closet after not really remembering that they were there?

I think that Cate Blanchett was the best dressed – I also had more than a little hair envy.

Melissa Leo was the worst. Where did she find that? It was like a horrible, horrible craft project.