Neck Candy : Found : Vintage Original vs New

70's circle gold pendant necklace on mannequin

I’ve been sort of lusting over all the long pendant necklaces from my Neck Candy post and last week while perusing The Sherman Oaks Antique Mall again, I spotted this amazing gold circles necklace with little dangling plum colored stones and what could have most possibly been the inspiration behind Theodora & Callum’s Majorca Necklace retailing for $350 at Neiman’s.

Admittedly, I’ve been on-and-off thinking about its vintage predecessor which I actually spotted prior to seeing the new version online, all week. Finally, yesterday afternoon on the way home from the gallery, I stopped back in and had to go see it again . . . and made a little deal with myself …if it were under $100, I would buy it. So when the super nice salesman said it was $96, I just had to stand by my word and take it home with me.

new Theodora and Callum necklace

Vintage cirlcles necklace

In-store there was a bit of a debate of whether it was from the 60′s or the 80′s …but really, I think it’s somewhere in between, more like the 70′s. And for the record, I LOVE it, regardless.

70s large pendant necklace

* And if you’re in LA you should FOR SURE check out The Sherman Oaks Antique Mall because it’s huge and every single little nook and cranny is filled with magnificent treasures.

Share/Bookmark

• Little Sable

April 30, 2011 | Reply

I love your photo and your style and you blog I love all !!!!I’M YOUR FOLLOWER <3
    I hope you will follow me http://www.welovefur.blogspot.com
    with love

• Little Sable

I hope you will follow me http://www.welovefur.blogspot.com
    with love

• Lia

April 30, 2011 | Reply

That is such a gorgeous necklace. I’m going to have to find some awesome antique places nearby me now! Great find Maegan!
    xoxo
    Lia

• Pauline

April 30, 2011 | Reply

really really pretty piece!

• Pauline

a really pretty piece!

• Ann

April 30, 2011 | Reply

I think the vintage one is much prettier… Thank goodness it was under $100!! :)

• Behind the Lashes

April 30, 2011 | Reply

Yayyy I can post again. This is such a great necklace, and I’m glad you found this vintage version. I think it’s 100x better than the new version.

• Jill

April 30, 2011 | Reply

The vintage is so much prettier.

• vain319

April 30, 2011 | Reply

I think the vintage one has more style than the newbie..just sayin….
    still unloading some of my vintage finds:)

• Cookie

April 30, 2011 | Reply

Hi Maegan! I have to write you because, your blog is one of my favourite blogs ever! You have amazing style, very feminine, what is truly untypical (At least at blogs from my country:) You are very inspirative – I adore your hair tutorials. Month ago, I also made blog, but it is far away from blog like yours, I just wanted to write you, that you are great in what are you doing, and trust or not very inspirative!!

• Little Rus

April 30, 2011 | Reply

The vintage piece is so much better than the new one! It’s got more character and charm and just looks so beautiful… x

• Ava

April 30, 2011 | Reply

Neck candy for sure! Happy I found your blog~ excited to read more.
    Ava

• The Seeker

Amazing jewelery…

Long time no talk, hope all is great with you.
    By the way I’m hosting a giveaway on my blog, drop by you might find it interesting and enter, thanks.

xoxo

• Megan

May 1, 2011 | Reply

Think I might have to visit that mall when I visit America next month.
    Love the necklace!

• Adiel

May 1, 2011 | Reply

Wow! What a gorgeous find! I think I like your version best anyway… congrats! ;)

• Rachellabelle - My Hips Don't Lie

May 1, 2011 | Reply

You score some of the most amazing pieces of jewellery I’ve ever seen. I love vintage jewellery as well, and I collect mostly Weiss and Sherman from the ’50s.

• Leah

May 1, 2011 | Reply

Love this necklace! I would be very happy to know what do you think about my rhinestone friendship bracelets that i have here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PureEssentia?ref=pr_shop_more Your opinion would mean a lot to me!Thank you!

• Ivana

May 1, 2011 | Reply

This looks just amazing! I actually prefer the vintage original, it looks so much more interesting and fun!
    Great purchase :)

xx Ivana

• La Petite Olga

May 1, 2011 | Reply

Wow how amazing is that find!! The necklace is beautiful!

xx Olga
    La Petite Olga

May 1, 2011 | Reply

That necklace is gorgeous! Can’t wanit to see how you style it, you creative girl you.

• Kelly

May 1, 2011 | Reply

I love this – so beautiful!

• Janice

May 1, 2011 | Reply

Thanks once again Maegan for stopping at shopping at The Sherman Oaks Antique Mall. You have an amazing eye. For the record, we are shopped regularly by international designers that buy vintage pieces and reproduce them. However, the quality and often price can’t compare to the originals. FYI That nice salesman was my son, so glad to hear. Enjoy the necklace!!! Best wishes, Janice

May 2, 2011 | Reply

um, FABULOUS!!! and that is a pretty pretty good price!!!

May 4, 2011 | Reply

Oh my! That necklace is gorgeous!
    You scored IMO.

ella
    ATX

May 5, 2011 | Reply

Yesterday, my friend bought a christian louboutin pumps sale which is so beautiful, i am surprised by the design and style. Do you have a pair of christian louboutin shoes now? if not, go to online store and have one, it is so amazing!!! There are many online stores having christian louboutin outlet, i believe you gonna like it!I like coach designer handbags as well and someone is looking for cheap chanel handbags? People usually prefer handbags outlet, especially when they visit some coach handbags outlet.

• diamond necklace for women

September 15, 2013 | Reply

Its just wow….! I was just looking at another DIY on this type of thing not as cute as yours.