Would You Let Your Man Cheat on You if He Agreed to Pay You $1 Million Dollars Each Time?

Is it Summer yet?

I sat down yesterday morning in the game room with a bit of coffee to flip through a magazine and since the tv was already on in the background, I randomly caught a bit of The View …wherein, the normally very conservative Elisabeth Hasselbeck announced she didn’t think it was too outrageous to have an agreement with your husband that states that he can have affairs with other women as long as he pays you a million dollars each time he does …or whatever is an appropriate sum given your monetary status. Joy and Whoopie were immediately on board while Sherri seamed to be the only one opposed to the idea.

I caught the show in the middle, so I assumed it was just a passing topic they stumbled on but realized when guests Jerry Weintraub, his once gorgeous wife Jane Morgan …and a much younger red headed woman walked on stage and sat on the couch, they were referring to him and his lifestyle.

Since I was really in the dark about his affairs, I was a bit confused as to whom the red head sitting next to Jerry’s wife was …only to find out that she was indeed, his lover, but that Jerry was still married to Jane, his original wife …who agreed to stay married and let him cheat if she was given a million dollars each time he did.

In Jane’s words “…each time you sleep with one of them [bimbos] you write a check for a million dollars”

With a less religious vibe than Sister Wives or Big Love, the whole affair seemed a bit polygamist considering Jane and Susie are now long-time friends …though only Susie is intimate with him and isn’t married to him.

They were all there promoting an HBO Documentary about Jerry Weintraub called “His Way” that premiered last night on HBO …which I quickly searched my DirecTV guide for, recorded and watched with the husband yesterday evening …and it was quite good actually.

Here’s a short clip of the story of Jane finding Jerry in bed with another woman {before he was with Susie, the red head} …and her reacting to it. {note: I recorded this from the documentary on my tv so it may get removed at some point due to rights and all …or not, we’ll see}

I guess the question sounds a bit like the movie Indecent Proposal …but this million dollars isn’t coming from an outside source and doesn’t make you a whore …it’s coming from your man. My husband argues that the million dollars belongs to the wife already because they are married …unless there’s a prenup, I countered. But this story does sound familiar. Remember that whole Kobe Bryant rape accusation …wherein his wife was rumored to have received a $4 million dollar 8 carat purple diamond adultery ring? Maybe they have “an arrangement” too? You never know. I’m not interested in it for my own marriage but I say to each his own. If it works for them, who cares?

Lovecats …I’d love to hear your thoughts. Would you …let your man have affairs with other women for a large sum of cash money or bling bling and stay married to him?

Share/Bookmark

• { aggie }

April 5, 2011 | Reply

That is the stupidest “arrangement” I’ve ever heard! That’s not a marriage, it’s a transaction!

• ...love Maegan

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I so agree Aggie …but it kind of reminds me of arranged marriages and the origins of marriage.

• Kez

April 5, 2011 | Reply

Hmm. I don’t think I could get on board with that…I mean, each to their own but just because a couple agrees with it doesn’t make it healthy!!

Also, if someone finds a thrill in cheating, who’s to say they won’t plan secret trysts in addition to allowing their wife to know about the odd one here and there? What if dishonesty/cheating is what it’s really about for a guy to get off?

I mean, it sounds just perfect for the guy – but what about the woman? Sure she gets a massive cash injection but the marriage should be about sharing anyway!

It’s all intriguing to find out how other people live, though. I too, enjoy these types of documentaries (even if they make me angry sometimes)!!

• Marisa

April 5, 2011 | Reply

No, no and NO! I don’t care what the woman says, it isn’t healthy and I’m sure deep down she can’t be happy.

• Amy @ThenThereWere

April 5, 2011 | Reply

My bf’s bff is a ladies man, through and through. He can’t help himself. I would never set him up with my friends because I know this. But his current gf came crying to me, upset because he had cheated on her {even tho she was happy for him to cheat on his ex with her}. The only thing I could say was you’ve been on both sides, you know him good and bad. If you love him and want to be with him then you have to accept both sides – I suggest you develop a good blindspot.

But her blindspot isn’t that great and knowing both sides means their relationship is built on distrust. Watching them and the regular hysteria they have makes me wonder if, though this 3-way relationship isn’t what I would chose, if the $1million works for them and doesn’t lead to ‘that’ bitter divorce battle or rollercoaster of arguements relationship we all know an example of then maybe it’s a good way to go?

Maybe this is just rich guys more extreme version of doing x and buying flowers/chocolates/dinner etc to ‘make it up’ to his partner…?

Amy x

ps sorry for the essay, I witter alot :o)

• Marina

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I suppose if I found myself in a situation where I no longer liked my crazy rich husband and felt that I couldn’t be on my own for whatever reason, a million or so every couple of years paired with continued access to all the wealth we already shared wouldn’t be such a bad arrangement. My question is, what happens when/if she cheats? By the looks of him, he’s no spring chicken. What if the wife wants a piece of extramarital hotness for herself?

• Another Amy

April 5, 2011 | Reply

As someone whos grandparents had an arranged marriage, I have to say that this is nothing like what I saw or understood to have transpired in their household. My grandfather was somehow arranged to marry my oldest great-aunt but by the time he came back from America to get her, her youngest sister, my Gran, was offered up instead. I’m pretty sure he got the money to travel to America from her dowry. My grandmother was not at all happy in her marriage and leaned heavily on her faith. I remember her being really happy when he died because she could finally wear pants. PANTS! It was 1983!

Maybe I’m old fashioned, but I don’t have a problem with open marriage or polygamy among consenting adults, but this just seems sort of tawdry. My husband is not my sugar daddy, he’s my partner. I expect respect, and my respect isn’t something with a price tag. If I found him in bed with someone else behind my back, the last thing on my mind would be money.

• Arlene

April 5, 2011 | Reply

It sounds out of this world for me and I’m definite my guy thinks the same. We can never do that to each other. This kind of arrangement just signifies how they view marriages and relationships. It makes me look at the big picture and wonder why they got married in the first place and what they expected from the relationship. It’s just… sad. But yeah, people get married for different reasons.

• gigiofca

April 5, 2011 | Reply

Financially, it’s probably cheaper for him to pony up the money than go thru a divorce. Whatever works for them. Many entertainment relationships are arrangements. At least they’re keeping it real.

• Jac

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I don’t get it. Why get/stay married if you don’t like being monogamous. Why take the extra step of establishing a legally binding relationship when you don’t have to and getting caught screwing around won’t cost you millions of dollars.

Also, is Jane really making a million each time Jerry beds Susie? I really don’t see him finishing up with Susie then calling his banker to have another mil wired to his wife’s account.

• *amanda*

April 5, 2011 | Reply

No matter how much is in my pocket, I couldn’t look at him the same, but that’s me.
    I’ve never been one for handouts, anyway…except blog giveaways…haa haa!!…but I put work into those…commenting and all…;)

• Jennah Watters

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I agree with your husband. Unless it’s coming from the other woman or something, it was money that was in the family anyway.

Not considering that aspect, it could be a good way to get some things done around the house. “Honey, could you sleep with that woman tonight? I REALLY would like a new couch for the living room.”

• Andi

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I read about Jerry Weintraub’s arrangement sometime last week and how his wife and mistress are BFFs. Well, I guess different things work for different people, but I’m pretty sure I would feel cheapened with every million dollar check.

• april

April 5, 2011 | Reply

HELL to the MUTHER FUCKIN NO! That would not fly at all in this house!

• Minnesota Maven

April 5, 2011 | Reply

Absolutely not. I couldn’t do that and stay in love with my man. I’d feel incredibly betrayed and would never trust my man again. For good reason. With no trust there is no relationship

• Rachel

April 5, 2011 | Reply

As someone who’s been cheated on by her husband (now ex), I would never, ever agree to an arrangement like that. Life is too short to be stuck in a bad marriage, even when money is involved. Perhaps I idealize the notion of marriage, but to me a relationship should be an equal partnership, not a business transaction. I know there are many people out there who find finances more important than love, but I’m not one of them.

• Loren

April 5, 2011 | Reply

This sort of thing would totally make since if you married for money and not for love. I don’t think I could ever do it.
    But she gets to stay living with him without going through a messy divorce, he gets to sleep with other ladies and not go through a messy divorce. I can think of worse ways to live. But I wouldn’t want to be either of those ladies.

• Collections

April 5, 2011 | Reply

Definitely not! That goes against the whole point of marriage. If my husband wanted to sleep with someone else I would leave him in a heartbeat. Marriage is supposed to be sacred and monogamous. If you want to sleep around… stay single.

April 5, 2011 | Reply

oh no stories like this make me SO SO sad! I lose faith in mainstream society… and I wonder, in comparisson, what $1 million dollars is to him? How badly does he want to sleep with this bimbo, and another thing – does he pay each time or per bimbo bc that could get costly! Sickening.

I am glad your husband agrees with you – once you’re married, in a good healthy partnership the assets should be shared equally :) you’re a team! You guys give me hope that there are still people out there making it work – congrats.

• Trina

April 5, 2011 | Reply

Oh heck no! I liked what Aggie and Kez had to say so I won’t repeat their thoughts, but that is where I stand on it too.

• Schnelle Couture

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I agree with your husband- the money is technically already hers. I would be even more offended if my husband was willing to shell out that kind of cash and go that far out of his way to sleep with another woman-really, it almost makes it worse! That’s my opinion but whatever floats your boat…

Schnelle Couture

• Nicole Marie

April 5, 2011 | Reply

yeah that’s not a marriage… or at least one that i want to be in or want to see ny of my friends in

• Holly Courtney

April 5, 2011 | Reply

It seems to me that their marriage was essentially over before she even walked in on him and the other woman. Perhaps they were both checked out but had not gone through the actual divorce process. I can’t explain how else he could give and she could receive the news of an affair with so little emotion. I personally would not stay in this situation because happiness is always more important than money to me and I couldn’t be truly happy like this. If they really don’t care to ever marry again and are content to live in this situation then who are we to criticize?
    Makes we wonder a bit when people say that allowing gays to wed will ruin the sanctity of marriage. I feel pretty strongly that countless heterosexual couples have already done that.

• Shanna

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I have to say that wouldn’t fly in my house! I got married for a reason… I can’t believe that any woman would totally be okay with this! If they are truly okay with this, I would say that didn’t get married because of love, the money was already a factor to begin with. But at the end of the day, to each their own!

• G.

April 5, 2011 | Reply

Insane! I would have to say that to me Marriage is sacred. It is not a game. If he wants to cheat than he can not be married to me. It seems like she is just as crazy to stay married to him. It seems obvious that she cares more about the money than the marriage and he just doesn’t care. Sad. Very sad.

• Mitali

April 5, 2011 | Reply

This is just so stupid…they don’t know the meaning of marriage…

I think the lady knew that her husband was anyways going to sleep with other woman..so why not make some money out of it…but she is just claiming the money that is already hers…I think the woman lost it all….

• mary

April 5, 2011 | Reply

To each his own, but wow, no way for me. Money can’t take the place of physical or emotional intimacy, nor can it repair broken trust. Aside from the obvious trust problems, ff the guy and his wife aren’t having sex, I’d say there are some issues in the relationship that would behoove them to deal with. That is, if they want to have a meaningful relationship. But quite honestly, it doesn’t sound like that is what either of them is in it for. Different strokes and all that.

April 5, 2011 | Reply

No, not ok with that. I’m his and he is mine. Sex is something very intimate. Don’t get married if you don’t want to be with the same person til death do you part.

• Trissta

April 5, 2011 | Reply

Okay, I could see one side where if the two fall out of love, but want to keep up appearances. However, I for sure wouldn’t have sex with my significant other if he was sleeping around. Yuck. And I for sure wouldn’t want the world to know about it. A million dollars is a lot of smackaroos, but honestly, I would probably get a divorce and take the whole lot of money from the douche. I want someone to love me and care about me. That’s definitely not love. Although, I have had some interesting conversations with some guy friends about the difference between LOVING emotionally and fucking sexually. Apparently there’s a difference. Ha.

-Trissta

• Marisa

April 5, 2011 | Reply

While it seems like a totally awesome setup and I’d love to say I’d be cool with it, I think after a while it’d be emotionally to hard and I wouldn’t be able to take it. Not even for a million dollars.

• Down and Out Chic

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I think if she can look herself in the mirror after being in an arrangement like this and have self worth and self respect, than fine. kudos for her.
    however, i find it difficult to believe that deep down,once all the denial is pushed aside, a person wouldn’t have a very difficult time with their own sense of self. I wouldn’t want money. I would want equality which means I could be sleeping with whomever I chose as well. An open relationship makes more sense to me than being paid money for another’s indiscretions.

• pinksundrops

April 5, 2011 | Reply

Not to be harsh, but sounds like she should’ve asked for a lot more than a million if he’s that willing to trade our their love for each other for intimacy with someone else.

• Eli

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I’m all for “to each their own” but we also have a right to think that this is pretty stupid. They should be divorced and she’s milking money out of it as long as possible – for all we know they could have married for convenience. I dont even know anymore. But I would never personally agree to something like this, we dont need to give men and women more excuses to cheat!

• Craftmaker

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I don’t get it. As they mentioned in other comments, the money already belongs to her. And if he is already cheating I wouldn’t trust him on giving the right amount of money. he would lie about that too!
    Anyway, I would never do that, I just couldn’t take it.

Isn’t that prostitution?

I live in Newport Beach and I’ve seen Kobe and his wife around town. I’ve seen his wife out shopping and she looks and acts life a miserable biotch, plus she’s had so much plastic surgery she is starting to look like an alien. Selling you soul is never a good idea.

How can she look at that stupid “rape ring” and not think of her husband anally raping a hotel employee anyway? I’d rather have my modest diamond and a husband who does not cheat or rape anybody.

• Kayla

April 5, 2011 | Reply

It is not my style, scene or type of arrangement at all but I am the last person to judge other people’s relationships and find it so interesting to discover how other people’s lives work.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl
    Fanciful Brainstorm – Tumblr

• ShandyLand

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I just couldn’t do it! I don’t see the point of the marriage…I guess for business purposes only then huh?

I wonder who she’s having sex with. You said only the mistress was sleeping with the husband, so that sounds like…only the mistress.

I mean dang that’s not fair! lol

• Courtney

April 5, 2011 | Reply

As someone in a polyamorous relationship, I have a tendency to say “to each his own” when it comes to nontraditional relationships. It does sometimes make me sad that even when we have clear evidence that some marriages are just business contracts, people still want to deny marriage to a subset of people. I guess if it works for them, then kudos for finding something that works.

• Aimee

April 5, 2011 | Reply

@Anonymous, it’s not prostitution, it’s a penalty fee. Unless you mean his wife, in which case it’s still not prostitution as she wasn’t the one having sex or arranging the sexual encounter.

It’s not for me, but if it works for them, more power to them. Lots of married couples aren’t in love anymore but are comfortable together. Jane said this happened in the “suite where our bedrooms were,” which makes me think they weren’t sleeping together much anyway. (If he took the woman to his wife’s bedroom instead of his own, it was probably because her room was cleaner since she hadn’t been in town.)

Looking in on the situation from the outside, I have no idea how they functioned before this. Even when we may not have traditional arranged marriages, there are still plenty of people who marry for reasons other than true love. If he’d already become a companion who paid the bills and she was comfortable with, she might also be willing to put up with this.

• mhgdblog

Hmmmm….

I am a little torn on the subject. My first thought was that married couples share things, including money. And if that’s the case, and the husband makes millions of dollars, the wife could technically have a million whenever she wanted it since it was essentially hers as well.

However, if the whole money sharing thing is not the case and there is some sort of weird prenup or joint bank account thing, would I be called a whore if I said I were on board with the idea? The way I look at it, if my husband makes shit tons of money (assuming it shit tons more than I make on my own), and I don’t want to do the horizontal mambo everynight morning, noon and night, who’s it hurting? He can still get his nookie on and mama can get a new pair of shoes. Or 100 pairs, why not!

• Diana

April 5, 2011 | Reply

What I’d be pissed about is how much he’s paying the bimbos with our money. You know they aren’t doing it for free!!!

• Vegas Fashion Stylist

April 5, 2011 | Reply

That is a lot of money. hands down he could sleep with whomever he wanted. Men treat sex and love differently

• Kayvona B

April 5, 2011 | Reply

OMG!! Lol I would not let my husband cheat I dont care if he offered me all the money in the worl!! That is crazy!! lol

• like.thunder

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I guess for some people money can substitute commitment, but not for me. It’s true what they say, money can’t buy happiness, and money is definitely not a fair substitution for his love. I’m not gonna go let my husband bang some broad while I spend his million dollars. If I had to go through with it, I’d spend it ruining his life and finding a new partner.

April 5, 2011 | Reply

what a couple! lol! i guess it works for them? i am the jealous type, so i don’t think it would work for me.

then again, i could really use a million dollars right about now. lol

• kgrutty

April 5, 2011 | Reply

Crazy you posted this today! I stayed up late last night watching the docu on HBO, utterly fascinated.

To be honest, I had a reaction akin to my thoughts about ‘Dexter.’ On paper, I find this scenario appalling. I mean, I still think if given the chance, I’d tell Lance Armstrong he’s a schmuck. Yes, hooray for beating cancer and being an athlete. But, he’s a schmuck. And, don’t even get me started on Woody Allen, or Jesse James. Alas, I found myself kind of won over by how…light-hearted Jerry was. And, just as I root for Dexter a serial killer, none the less vigilantly, I found myself thinking Jerry was charming and comical.

Now I’m going to hunt down footage from The View. Because my other reaction is – who in their right-mind would be okay with being someone’s mistress for 20+ years? I mean, at least all the wives in polygamous marriages have the same social/religious rights.

Or so I’ve learned from Big Love and Sister Wives.

I maybe watch too much TV. O:)

• kgrutty

April 5, 2011 | Reply

Also, y’all. I read this article this morning.

Equally as interesting. I mean, the fact that he asks his mistress to call his wife reels me back in a little from thinking he’s charming and light-hearted.

• Ashe @ Dramatis Personae

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I feel like most couples don’t have pre-nups. Hell, my boyfriend and I aren’t married and our income is OUR income….

So if he can come up with a cool million that isn’t OUR income, then sure, he can sleep with another girl for $1M. But that money doesn’t go back to being OURS after he’s done!

• Kendra

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I also don’t have a problem with polygamy among consenting adults but its NOT for me. I love having my husband all to myself and if we need more help around the house, we’ll hire someone (preferably unatractive and old).

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I’m shocked that some people have left comments that it is ok for a man to cheat as long as he pays off his wife.

As for Kobe Bryant, his wife has proven that she can be “bought”. That ring was a payoff so she would not divorce him. Vanessa’s price is five million. This other woman’s price is one million. I would suspect many other women could be bought for much less. I guess Vanessa’s price is higher because Kobe not only cheated, but he RAPED somebody.

I find it so very sad that some people have left comments that this is “o.k”. Cheating and lying is NEVER “o.k.” in a marriage. Why be married if you are going to cheat? Married people promise not to cheat on each other and sign a marriage certificate. If people want to behave like this, stay single and then you can do whatever you please without hurting other people. There is not enough money in the world that would make this kind of behavior “o.k.” is my marriage.

• Aubry

April 5, 2011 | Reply

Hell NO! Thats so stupid, why be married in the first place if all you want to do is fuck other women?
    It would cost him alot less money!

• Karen

April 5, 2011 | Reply

pass. It’s worth the million to me to have someone I can trust.

I think these people are gross and you cannot call what they have a marriage.

And it would cost him waaaaaaay more than a million to get me in bed with his nasty behind! I don’t think there is enough.

• Stacie

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I guess it depends why you got married. If it is for love then you would find it hard to allow your partner to cheat however if you married for money you might not be concerned about them sleeping with other people. For me personally never in a million years. I could not get over it I don’t think. I could never agree to that kind of arrangement.

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I have a feeling that many/some women who are married to very wealthy men “look the other way” and know their husbands have affairs. In that case, the extra million each time would be appropriate in that lifestyle. (My worry, though, would be pregnancies resulting from these affairs………)

• Shoni

April 5, 2011 | Reply

I’m a pretty firm believer in “to each his own.”

With that being said, I am far too selfish to share my wonderful husband with any other woman. I am very lucky to have a man like mine and I’m sure many other women have eyed him, but he is mine and mine alone. If he ever cheated, it would be over. Just like that. I need emotional security more than financial security.

And I like your husband’s thinking. Our money is our money.

April 5, 2011 | Reply

No way!!! Im worth more than money…!
    I would rather starve than share my husband…period.

Camilla from DK

• Alex!

April 5, 2011 | Reply

@kgrutty you can watch The View episode online for free at abc.com!

• R3Beauty

April 6, 2011 | Reply

I’d be on board – if I didn’t love my husband that is! But since I happen to love mine – Oh hell no!

• Amanda

To each their own.

If a non-monogamous arrangement satisfies their needs, it isn’t my place to judge it. I actually admire the fact that they seem to be communicating so openly and are willing to redefine traditional marriage into something that works for their relationship. Better that they talk about things up front and decide if they want to stay together and under what terms than sneak around cheating.

Having said that, I don’t think this arrangement would work for me. :)

• tmwildflowers@aol.com

April 6, 2011 | Reply

“Hell, you mean I dont have to fuck the old guy AND get a million dollars. Thats what you call a ‘win win’.” ….what the wife says to herself every night.

April 6, 2011 | Reply

Paying your spouse off for cheating is just a sign of the times we live in….everything is deteriorating, from the environment all the way to peoples attitudes and lifestyles..thats ashame is what that mess is…

• Ari

April 6, 2011 | Reply

He can look, but he can’t touch, and the same goes for me.

The second he touches, I’m out.

• legsnshoes

April 6, 2011 | Reply

It really depends on how much I loved him. Yeah. There are some cases where love trumps money, no matter the amount.

• Katherine

April 6, 2011 | Reply

This is insane! The agree with what many have said, why be married if you don’t act “married”? Marriage is one woman and one man only. If you are interested in sleeping with other people, then don’t be married!! It seems simple to me. And no way would I ever “share” my husband or be friends with someone who sleeps with him.

• Lisa Petrarca

April 6, 2011 | Reply

A BIG NO coming from me! Money can’t buy happiness…just look at all the miserable movie stars.

If he wanted to sleep with someone else, I’d say, “I’ll take your money, you sign the divorce papers & you & your bimbo can be happily poor together! Oh don’t even get me started on this subject Maegan!LOL!

• Kris

April 6, 2011 | Reply

Not for me. But hard to say because I don’t know what that lifestyle (meaning either being married to or having millions) is like. I think money like that makes you void of any emotion. Even love. There’s no love here. It’s all $$$. He can buy his wife to allow for mistresses and she can go play on Rodeo Drive every day!

April 6, 2011 | Reply

I love my husband, very much. He’s my perfect counterpart, and I can’t imagine life without him.

I don’t give a flying hoot if he sleeps with other people, though, ‘cos while he’s sexy as all get out, that’s not the sole – or even primary – basis of our relationship and marriage. We each have things we enjoy that we do separately, and have friends with whom we do those things. I don’t see sex as all that different. Yes, sex is important, but I have a really hard time with the idea that we, as a species, are meant to be monogamous. If we are, then why are we SO DARNED BAD at it? It’s not isolated – it’s a pandemic, it’s historical, and it’s clearly part of human nature to seek variety. Science – when it’s stripped of its historical monogamy bias – supports this, as many of the sexual characteristics of humans are analogous to many non-monogamous species (non-visible ovulatory cycles, sperm competition, sexual vocalisation, penis and breast size, etc). Monogamy is more about continued access to resources than biology or love – this arrangement addresses that concern.

Having said that – I wouldn’t have this arrangement. I’d rather he just tell me if/ when someone strikes his fancy than feel obligated to pay me off. If nothing else, it fosters deeper communication between us.

• Poppy

April 6, 2011 | Reply

At first I was thinking “Hell Yeah” I would let him cheat. Then I thought about it, money could never buy my happiness, especially if my man is cheating on me. Some women are just very shallow & materialistic, they’d rather settle for someone who treats them bad as long as they are taken care of. It’s a shame, I see it all the time with some women I know.

• Cat

April 6, 2011 | Reply

Once gorgeous? What a backhanded compliment. Jane Morgan is still gorgeous, and your comment reeks of your neurosis about getting older.

Also classy of you to compare a consensual, committed relationship between three people (the guy’s been with one woman for 46 years, the other for 20) to rape. Yeah, the two are clearly the same.

As House would say, “you’re an idiot.”

April 6, 2011 | Reply

Just as some girls go to college to only find a husband, there are some women who will marry a wealthy man for money only. And they probably take advantage of all the clothes, jewelry, vacations, etc. But, someone once told me that if you marry for money, then you end up having to work very hard for it, in the long run.

• Jill

April 6, 2011 | Reply

Obviously no love in that marriage, is there?

• Ari

April 6, 2011 | Reply

Cat, at what point does Maegan compare the threesome to rape? The only rape reference was the Kobe Bryant case, where the wife was paid for her silence or forgiveness, NOT the rape victim.

• Mawiyah

April 7, 2011 | Reply

One word – DISEASE – ok three words – HOT GHETTO MESS

• Lorena

April 8, 2011 | Reply

No, no, no.
    If he is ready to go to bed with someone else I don’t want him back. However I will take his money.

• hotpants™

April 8, 2011 | Reply

I saw Jerry on Chelsea Lately where he talked about this. It’s not for me, but I don’t judge anyone else who does it if it works for them.

• Sugar + Spice(Azúcar+Especia)

April 8, 2011 | Reply

Not for me. marriage to me means “forsaking ALL OTHERS”.

A million or a trillion dollars could not/would not sooth the bone crushing agony of infidelity for me.

To each his own, but I wouldn’t settle for that when a divorce would ensure I recieved plenty of assets commiserate with our lifestyle.

• jess

April 9, 2011 | Reply

i think in THEIR case, the man has so much money & the lady doesn’t want a divorce.. maybe she weight the option, she can get a divorce and get at least 20,30million? vs still having a husband & getting a “bonus” sometimes.

and the rich has got their own way of living…

but in ordinary people’s life, the husband won’t have $1m to pay, and the emotional aspect is to great.

I can’t share a husband with anyone else… if I marry a millionaire, well, I’ll divorce him and get the settlement.

April 10, 2011 | Reply

I’ve been cheated on AND I’ve also been very broke. Being broke was much harder…I would turn the other way and take the money.

Robin from OK

• ABIGAIL NY

April 10, 2011 | Reply

I guess she wasn’t giving him any so she figured why not let him and he’ll pay me. Pretty hilarious.

• jacobithegreat

April 10, 2011 | Reply

I agree with you- to each his own, I don’t judge.

However, the only woman my man better *want* to touch is me. :o)