Bubble Gum Pink & Silver Glitter Accent Nails

pink nails with silver glitter

I’m going to be completely honest when I say I painted my nails these colors because I knew they would match my engagement and wedding rings AND the new anniversary bands. Yes, it was a cheeseball move but I actually loved the way they looked. I found a seriously old Wet n’ Wild pink in my collection and grabbed my Martha Stewart glitter glue again to get the job done.

Here’s how…

* Two coats of Pink polish {even on ring fingers}
* Two coats of Martha Stewart Glitter glue in silver on ring fingers.
* Two coats of Chanel Extreme Shine lacquer over the glitter & just one coat over the rest.

* Note: the glitter stays on quite well {I apply it over the nail polish & not directly to my nail}, though does come off a bit quicker when in the pool. It is easily removable with nail polish remover.

pink silver glitter nails

Click Here for more manicure ideas

Profile photo of Maegan Tintari

• Morgan | Mrs. Priss

September 9, 2011 | Reply

OoooOoOOooh, I love the combo! I need to buy some of that glitter already!

• nicole

September 9, 2011 | Reply

i like it. actually really a lot! i might try something similar today but with grey…

• DeniseAngela

September 9, 2011 | Reply

I still have a couple of that brand of nail polish too….in hot pink!

• Linda Lu

looks good!

• Lindsay

September 9, 2011 | Reply

Love the sparkly ring finger! I have been doing the same lately, but it’s such a hard time getting off the glitter. Suggestions?

• CessOviedo

September 9, 2011 | Reply

this looks adorable! I’ve tried the gold nail but all about this silver twist! Happy weekend!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Lauren

September 9, 2011 | Reply

Omg I love this look! Definitely my next nail trend to try… :)

Lauren

• Gawgus things...

September 9, 2011 | Reply

This is such a gorgeous shade of pink – I’ve been looking for something like this forevaaaah!

• *Sparkles*

September 9, 2011 | Reply

love it! I just rocked a pale pink with silver glitter on all my tips like a faux french.. super girly!

• Lyndsy

September 9, 2011 | Reply

I love, love, love this look! So pretty, fun, edgy all at the same time! happy anny!

• My Life as A Plate

September 9, 2011 | Reply

Love this, I def. want to try this, I love that color combO!

• PinkGlitter

September 9, 2011 | Reply

Pretty! I love how you did the combo to match your new rings. That’s totally something I’d do! :)

• Natalya's Closet

Gorgeous nails! XOXO, http://www.NatalyasCloset.com

• A BRIT GREEK

September 10, 2011 | Reply

Just found you via StumbleUpon! This has to be a coincidence, I am doing the exact same thing this w/e with polish and glitter glue (meant for kids)! Works a treat! Have also got few pots of chunky glitter for OTT sparkles!

Have a fab weekend!
    x.o.x.o

• Christine

September 13, 2011 | Reply

I absolutely LOVE this look!! I tried it with a nude Essie color and a rose gold Martha Stewart glitter with Essie top coat, when you first posted about it awhile back. I did just the tips of each nail and I loved how it turned out. However, it stayed on well for the first day until I showered the next morning and it started chipping off :( and then every time I washed my hands after that, more and more kept coming off.
    I used the regular loose glitter instead of the glue glitter. Has anyone tried it with regular glitter? I wonder if that’s why it came off so easily… thoughts?

• ...love Maegan

September 18, 2011 | Reply

Christine: when I did just the tips, my glitter came off a bit too… but when I do TWO COATS of the glitter on one nail then two top coats of chanel, it stays on as long as the rest of the nails … ya know, a few great days then they all start looking shabby.

• Brooke

February 12, 2013 | Reply

What is the pink color called? Do they still make this color?