And Everything She Wants is Everything She Sees

at the art gallery - jeans and a floral cropped blazer

What I’m Wearing I had an entirely different outfit idea in my head but in the morning when it was time to get dressed I just wanted to be comfy. Sometimes I just get lazy. This day was a visual representation of that laziness I suppose. Though casual, I felt kind of “bedazzled”, lol… it must have been the hair. It was last friday.

* Vintage cropped floral print jacket.
* American Apparel blue racerback tank layered over a white tank with lace detail
* Paige Premium jeans in “rebel without a cause” wash
* VIntage chain bracelet from the 80′s was my mom’s mixed with various silver chain bangles and Tiffany lock pendant necklace and silver hearts & hoops earrings.
* Aldo blue suede pumps which almost became THESE but I liked the blue too much.
Jigsaw London woven black leather bag courtesy of Jigsaw London {I LOVE this bag and it’s on sale right now! – but all of their bags are cute!}

* Hair: I slept in twisted buns again for my big curls mostly to disguise my dark roots. Since the underneath section of my hair is much darker than the top, I pulled the top up and the sides back so the darker showed more in the front and would blend with the darker underside. I think it worked rather well actually.

* Title: lyrics from Wham! “Everything She Wants”

The husband left Friday morning on a weekend trip with the boys so not only was I alone all weekend {boo}, I lost my photographer and had to take my outfit shots before leaving the gallery that afternoon. I have to admit, I love the change of background and kind of think since I’m leaving in a few months I should do it more often because soon enough, I won’t have the opportunity to. There is something really great about being surrounded by art and I have a feeling I’ll really miss it. I’ve been lucky for the past 11 years to have gotten to be up close and personal with a large selection of contemporary art from {Hockney, Thiebaud, Rauschenberg, Lichtenstein, Warhol} and so many more. The canvas you see in these photos is by artist Tim Bavington and it’s actually a sort of visual song, for lack of better words. It’s really gorgeous in person.

In other news: While I really pride myself on getting creative with what’s already in my closet, and hopefully inspiring you to do the same, I’m also getting rather bored seeing the same items over and over. I’m hoping you, as a viewer are not as bored as I am{?} I buy {and am sent} new items pretty regularly but I think I need a major closet overhaul and retire some of the pieces that have seen the light of day more than others. This also means I’ll have to go on a major shopping spree ;)

woven black leather bag

jeans and a floral cropped jacket with bigh curls on the Mies van der Rohe day bed

silver chain bracelets and bangles

jeans-tank - vintage croppedjacket

blue suede shoes

looking at art-jeans-cropped floral print jacket and bag

Happy Monday!

Tweet This!

• Katie

October 3, 2011 | Reply

I love seeing you outfit pictures with art in the background! Definitely do more before you leave :)

• Fashion Agony

October 3, 2011 | Reply

Awesome shots and such a cozy outfit! Great post!

xoxo
    Fashion Agony blog

• Chelsea

October 3, 2011 | Reply

I come to your blog everyday, and never get sick of your clothes. How could we? You always put together great, fresh outfits.

my life in style

• Bog-Bog

October 3, 2011 | Reply

I love the blazer and the shoes so much, it’s a perfect outfit!

• CessOviedo

October 3, 2011 | Reply

Adore the jacket! The gallery is in deed a great location, and it actually matches the outfit very well, would love to see more of it before you leave!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• The F Girl

October 3, 2011 | Reply

I love the curls. And your shoes are a great colour!

• Sal

October 3, 2011 | Reply

That jacket is just glorious, lady! And the gallery is an amazing backdrop for your shots.

• Sheree

October 3, 2011 | Reply

Love the bag and your hair. I also love that piece of art! I would be perfect on white walls like mine!

• Lexy of BeautyFash

October 3, 2011 | Reply

Adorable jacket, love this entire ensamb! Your hair looks great and I am loving these shots.

I personally could NEVER get bored with your outfits, even when you repeat something, it looks fresh!

• PinkGlitter

October 3, 2011 | Reply

I love the cropped jacket and those blue heels. Also, I just checked out your shoe DIY and wow! They look really similar to the DG but at a fraction of the price.

• Diane

*lovely*

• Sarah

October 3, 2011 | Reply

LOVE THIS!!! those jeans are beyond fab – the cropped jacket and blue heels are amazing as well!!

-Sarah

• FASHION SNAG

October 3, 2011 | Reply

I never get sick of your outfits and I don’t think your readers notice that you are wearing the same piece again and again because you style it in so many different ways. People are usually so interested in themselves and what they are doing that they won’t notice the things we think they will. I put myself on a two month shopping ban and it has been the best thing I have ever done, despite what I thought would happen.

However, if you think you need some new pieces you should definitely get some as you would give them the attention they deserve. I find myself getting more creative now and you inspire me!

I rarely leave comments, but I am still reading all your posts =)

• Styleclouds

October 3, 2011 | Reply

I really like your fotos. I have just come across you blog – it’s lovely. Have a great Monday!
    xo,Christina

• J

October 3, 2011 | Reply

I really like this outfit – I don’t know why. It’s basically what I would wear every day if I could!

On a random side note, I’m totally over leather purses, and I used to really be a snob about it. I mean, Burberry is mostly PVC! But leather bags cost so much more and wear out so much more quickly than faux leather. It’s not worth the cost to me any more.

• jenn~the stylish housewife

October 3, 2011 | Reply

i never tire of your ootd posts. love that “bag” or is it a “purse”? =)

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

• thankfifi

October 3, 2011 | Reply

I love the weave on the bag – it’s almost like lots of little union jacks interwoven (or maybe I have that in my head after looking at your Pinterest this morning!).
    I for one am not tired of seeing older clothes reworked in new styles – it what keeps it real. Having said that I’m sure we’d all love to see what you’d buy on a shopping spree!

• Mary Ann

October 3, 2011 | Reply

I really love your hairstyle today and the cropped jacket is super cute. The gallery paintings as backgrounds are stunning – please take more before you leave!

• Michelle

October 3, 2011 | Reply

First, thanks for stopping by last week. It literally made my day! Moving on, you look so pretty in these shots. I know you think it’s boring and “comfy” but I think you look really fantastic. Here’s to a shopping spree- I’d love to see what you pick up!

• Megan, The Frugalista Diaries

October 3, 2011 | Reply

Oh I’m totally in love with this look, and those shoes – I need to borrow them!

• Behind the Lashes

October 3, 2011 | Reply

LOVE this outfit. I’m a sucker for blue, idk why, so I’m going to obsess over your shoes until I get myself a pair haha. Your hair looks just gorgeous as well, I’m thinking of growing mine out again for winter.

• LOVEVAS

October 3, 2011 | Reply

I love your hair here Maegan! And the bag is very cute. Love the outfit as usual lookin great!

• bananas.

October 4, 2011 | Reply

PLEASE don’t retire that jacket b/c it’s one of my favorites. i only remember seeing it one other time and that was like a year (or more) ago! it’s too fab…KEEP IT!!!

that said, i’m never bored of your looks. plus i like when people re-work pieces into different looks.

also diggin’ the change in scenery. the art compliments your style.

• Kate Lasater

October 5, 2011 | Reply

What a perfect gallery outfit. It’s confortable and chic! The blue pumps are just amazing too! :)