Holiday Decorating… and a few updates

christmas mantel-fireplace-stockings-holiday cards

While our tree is very non-traditional in color this year, the rest of our decor is very stereotypically Christmassy. I actually didn’t go too crazy, just the mantel and tabletop and front door. Our pretty white lights strewn over the outside of our house is my favorite part, yet they don’t photograph as nicely as they look in reality. The husband lights a fire every night and we can’t help but sit in front of it and gaze at it for what seems like hours on end… it’s mesmerizing.

Update: LeRoy is still at the amazing Asec Animal Hospital in Santa Monica, where we took him yesterday, and seemingly doing very well. They say we will be able to pick him up tomorrow and I couldn’t be happier. We have been a wreck all week due to the horribly incompetent vets at Sherman Oaks Veterinary Group who did absolutely everything wrong, wasted our time and money {$1700}, only to keep LeRoy locked in a cage for two nights without food, while he continued to get sicker because they weren’t testing him for the correct illness. All they had to do was test his urine but instead did a 6 hour long, unnecessary x-ray, among other invasive things, and tell us he needed surgery and make us worry that he was dying for 3 days. I will never use them again {this is the 3rd time they’ve recommended surgery for 3 different dogs and upon second opinion, were 100% wrong} and I recommend anyone who is currently using them, to stop. Seriously, we are so upset about this situation I can’t even begin to describe the anger that is pulsing through me as I type this. But we get LeRoy back tomorrow and couldn’t be happier.

I have a bit of work to do but hopefully plan on spending the rest of the day baking holiday treats for our family and friends & finish wrapping presents. I honestly am not sure why I have not been taking Xanax all week or downing copious amounts of merlot to deal with all this stress… but I think I will start now. It’s vacation, right?

mantel-stockings-holiday cards

Reindeer and flowers on the table

chair-santa hats-christmas headbands

living wreath on the door

Here’s a few random Instagram shots I’ve posted over the month…

Where does Bebop end & the blanket begin? ...in front of the Christmas tree. #pug I should be writing, but I'm wrapping presents instead... #Christmas

Christmas tree. Delilah came over the other night & told me my tree was beautiful, lol

Hoody sweatshirt & squeaky bone #leroy #frenchbulldog #frenchie Pretty poinsettias!

christmas lights

flocked christmas tree- purple and blue chirstmas

Happy Holidays!
Merry Christmas!

Tweet This!

LA native & lifestyle blogger Maegan Tintari writes daily at ...love Maegan.com sharing beauty & style secrets, including fashion DIYs, how-to nail art manicures, hair tutorials, recipes & home decorating ideas, as well as a look into her personal life, her journey & battle with infertility & recent relocation to the mountains by a lake in search of a better life with her adorable French Bulldog brothers, Trevor and Randy.

• Summer

December 23, 2011 | Reply

I am SO glad to hear that everything is working out….and that you can rest and take xanax. =) best combo ever. haha

l

• Mawiyah

December 23, 2011 | Reply

Yay!!! 🙂

• Margot Clemmons

December 23, 2011 | Reply

So glad to hear about the pup! And seriously girl, who spends the holidays sober? Drink up!

• ...love Maegan

December 23, 2011 | Reply

xoxoxoxo you guys 😉 Happy Holidays to you!!

• Jessi

December 23, 2011 | Reply

Omg, I’m very glad to hear he’s going to be okay and home tomorrow! Sorry about the terrible vets, I’d be pissed, too. And probably want to write up a huge expose for the newspaper as a result 😛
    Enjoy your final holiday prep this afternoon, with wine!
    xoxo J

• Daniela

December 23, 2011 | Reply

I am so glad your dod is doing better!! I would be terrified and furious all at the same time…and I’m glad the new vet found out what was wrong with him and he didn’t have to go through surgery for nothing!!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

• CessOviedo

December 23, 2011 | Reply

Your decorations are amazing, the fireplace looks like coming out of a magazine! So glad LeRoy is going to be home for Christmas!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

December 23, 2011 | Reply

SO relieved to hear about leroy. you need that little guy happy and healthy and back at home!

i hope the rest of the week and the month AND THE HOLIDAY(S) are filled with fun and are 100% smooth sailing for your household! what a horrible sentence! but you know what i mean!

p.s. bad vet. very bad vet. i think some vets that couldn’t become MDs because they were so frakking incompetent. SERIOUSLY.

December 23, 2011 | Reply

The important thing, right now, is that Leroy will be back home very soon!! Sending wishes for the best of health to all! We are all very grateful for the honest and good veterinarians in the world. Happy, Healthy, and Safe New Year to everyone here and around the world.

• Loulou

December 24, 2011 | Reply

So happy to hear your dog is expected to be ok. And so sorry that you’ve been going though rough times. Time to raise a glas and relax.

Ps. Your decor all looks so pretty and your fireplace is amazing.

Loulou Downtown

• Claudia

December 24, 2011 | Reply

Hopefully you will never need Dr. Sue Downing at ASEC (she’s an oncologist) but she is wonderful. Prayers for your pup.
    Merry Christmas

• The Shop Therapist

December 24, 2011 | Reply

Chin up, my dear. Your pup is in great hands. Also, I’m not a lawyer (yet) but I think you have grounds to take your former vet to small claims court.
    But anyhooz, Merry Christmas! Celebrate the day with great food, great gifts, and most importantly great company!
    xoxo,
    Melissa The Shop Therapist

• amanda*rose

December 24, 2011 | Reply

YAY to a better puppy, and BOO to vet-quacks!
    I’m wishing you a peaceful, relaxing holiday weekend…<3 <3

(Loved that IG of Bebop the pug-rug!) 🙂

• isiswings

December 25, 2011 | Reply

Merry christmas and happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!the tree is awesome!!

• Speaker in Heels

December 26, 2011 | Reply

Your hearth is gorgeous! And I am so sorry to hear about your puppy’s problems – will keep him in my prayers! Glad he’s on the mend. Wishing you a wonderful 2012!

• Kristina

December 28, 2011 | Reply

I love yout blog, your style and usually your decoration. But honestly I’m a big fan of real trees with real candles. I haven’t seen them really on US-Blogs, but here in Switzerland they are still ‘standard’. Maybe you like my nostagic version of it?

Love,
    Kristina

• Soemüürid

March 4, 2012 | Reply

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.
    Pliidid
    Korstnad

• Miibutiik

March 4, 2012 | Reply

I discovered your weblog web website on google and examine a number of of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the superb operate. I just extra up your RSS feed to my MSN Info Reader. In search of forward to studying extra from you afterward!
    Käsitöökursused
    Ehted
    Padjad

• Seminariruumid

May 14, 2012 | Reply

Wow! This can be one particular of the most beneficial blogs we have ever arrived across on this subject. Actually Magnificent. I am also a specialist in this topic so I can understand your hard work.