One look at You & I can’t Disguise

black outfit- gold shoes- gold accessories

What I’m Wearing
* J Brand black coated leggings/jeans {courtesy of J brand jeans}… I love them. They have little sparkles all over them but are subtle and from a distance, have a leather-like look. They’re pretty stretchy and since I’ve lost a few lbs, I could have sized down, but they are comfy!
* Vintage black silk camisole {was my mom’s} under a sheer black blouse by Tree from beige years ago.
* Gold brocade bolero jacket by Meg {a gift from Julie}
* Gold/green pendant necklace by Kendra Scott …a GILT find
* Vintage beaded clutch was my grandma’s as was the gold flower ring with emerald center stone.
* Vintage sunglasses.
* Gucci gold snakeskin heels with green crystal snake head & bamboo heel {c.a. 2004}… were actually my cousin’s {yes, my cousin/bff whose wedding I just missed in November because I was sick} came over a few weeks ago and just handed them to me. Amazing.

* Title: lyrics from Eric Carmen “Hungry Eyes” but this clip is straight from Dirty Dancing ;)

Thank you all so much for your kind comments from Tuesday’s post… I have a hard time going through them as well as the emails I’ve received because they make me cry, but I’ll eventually read them all. xoxo

2011 has been a pretty awesome year and while it was a lot of work, it was fun and expected and brought new opportunities and great things. Then December hit and has just wrecked havoc on our happy little life. LeRoy {the black Frenchie} has been at the vet since Tuesday morning at 7:30 am. He has some obstruction in his stomach {may have eaten something or may be a growth} and after numerous tests and 6 hour long x-rays we now have to bring him to a specialist on the West Side who may have to surgically remove whatever is in there. Apparently he’s okay but just now the vet called and said he’s declining & we need to get him there now… {and then Pep left and I just lost it crying, and then our housekeeper just ran in because I’m sure I sounded like I was getting stabbed}. It’s insane not having him here. He’s my little sidekick, follows me everywhere and I’m so alone without his presence. It’s strange how much an animal can affect your life… since he’s been gone I’ve caught myself moving to get out of his way, called for him and even tried to talk to him. Even now, working in my office, he’s usually laying right next to me… and I keep looking over to see if he’s there. It’s weird. Other pet owners may understand this but he’s as close as I have to a kid. Whatever, I miss him. It’s been a tough week for our little family and a bumpy month. I hope to have him home before Christmas though and am really just wishing for a quick recovery and a December to be over.

I’m tired of being a bummer so for now, I’m choosing happiness. {but really, I’m freaking out}

black and gold - gold brocade bolero -gold gucci heels

gold guccie snakeskin heels-snake shoes

black and gold outfit-j brand jeans

details-accessories -  vintage  beaded clutch-rings-nails-necklace

black on black-gold accessories-vintage clutch bag

gucci snakeskin shoes- gold heels-snake head gucci heels

gold accessories - big hair-black outfit-j brand black jeans

Happy Thursday!

Tweet This!

• Nadine

December 22, 2011 | Reply

You really are having a tough time at the moment! Poor you. Hope your puppy comes right quickly.

• Lia

December 22, 2011 | Reply

All the best for a speedy recovery for LeRoy! Gorgeous look, Maegan! I’m envious of those shoes; how to die for are they?! The clutch and ring are stunning as well :) Sending good vibes your way, darling!
    xoxo
    Lia

• Aly ~ Cooking In Stilettos

December 22, 2011 | Reply

Wishing you all the best, Maegan and a VERY speedy recovery for LeRoy. I sympathize – my SousPug went through hell this year with stones/pancreatitis and has been in and out of the hospital. It’s amazing how they are like children and when they aren’t there – you feel the loss. Hope that he comes home soon and you all have a wonderful holiday!

• Kayla

December 22, 2011 | Reply

I hope your adorable puppy gets better soon. I know it’s been a rough month, but maybe you’re getting all the tough stuff out of the way so you can transition into a very smooth and happy January :)

• .life is reediculous.

December 22, 2011 | Reply

when one of my best friends was going through a rough time both physically and emotionally, she lost o lot of weight. and when she would talk about sad stuff, i started saying ‘at least you’re skinny’. that was years ago and now she has a blog “at least i’m skinny”.
    so. my point is. at least you’re skinny! have you tried to lose the weight? if so, how’d you do it? i need to lose 5ish lbs that i’ve gained over mere laziness over the past year. ugh.
    my lab had an obstruction (a sock) in his small intestine, and it had to be cut out. and while it was stupid expensive, he recovered insanely fast and is laying beside me as i type. so hopefully mr. leroy will be feeling tip top very soon.

good luck and have a merry christmas!

• Natasha Fatah

December 22, 2011 | Reply

This whole look, the shoes, the jewelry is fantastic! It has a real Arabian Nights feel to it. Just gorgeous!

• Elle Sees

December 22, 2011 | Reply

positive thoughts and love and glittery thoughts your way!
    i was never an animal person until I got my rescued Morkie serendipitiously on my birthday. he’s a real kid in a fur coat. yup.

• Katie

December 22, 2011 | Reply

Im so sorry you’re having such a tough time :(

• Mawiyah

December 22, 2011 | Reply

Awww hon, everything has a reason and a season – I pray a super fast recovery for Mr. Leroy (that’s my Daddy’s name too) and a wealth of peace and understanding for you :)

You are gonna make me drop a dime and get some J Brand – they are smokin’

You are blessed!

• rroosh

December 22, 2011 | Reply

i <3 this you look so chic!!!

December 22, 2011 | Reply

oh le roy. am hoping hoping hoping he is going to be ok and that he will be home in your arms soon. he is the best little doggie EVER, and the misery we feel when our pets aren’t themselves is just so painful.

well now i am crying. hugs to you. le roy, get home soon.

• Ticka

December 23, 2011 | Reply

You and your family are in my prayers! You look great! Not just the outfit, but your smile!! Love it!!

• Hilary

December 23, 2011 | Reply

I understand your feelings about LeRoy as that’s how I feel about my golden, Lauer. She’s there all the time – she is my baby and I don’t know what I’d do without her! I pray LeRoy is home with you all for Christmas and that he’s healthy and happy for years to come.
    You’re rocking this outfit – love the clutch bag – it’s gorgeous!!

• CessOviedo

December 23, 2011 | Reply

Oh that bolero and heels are amazing! Look very luxurious, big kisses to LeRoy!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• mouse

December 23, 2011 | Reply

you’re having such a tough time but a new year is a new start–that’s what i keep telling myself, anyway.
    x
    mouse

• jenn~the stylish housewife

December 23, 2011 | Reply

so sorry…pet’s are family. hoping your doggy is home soon!

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

• Neris / Fashion Fractions

December 23, 2011 | Reply

so sorry to hear about LeRoy, I hope he feels better soon :) you look fab as always and hose shoes are AMAZING!

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

• Deborah

December 23, 2011 | Reply

Pets definitely are family. LeRoy! Get better little dude.

My George (dog) recently had surgery and our hearts nearly broke. Love that crazy, annoying dog.

smooches little-girl. Have a beautiful Christmas.

• Erica

December 23, 2011 | Reply

Gorgeous look! Praying for your little pup! Merry Christmas! xo

• Lo

December 23, 2011 | Reply

Oh Maegan, I am so sorry about Leroy, but he will be your little christmas miracle and everything will be ok. I can definitely relate with the dogs as kids syndrome. They are so amazing.
    Your outfit is gorgeous as well, I’ve been loving the classic looks the last couple weeks. Your such a natural beauty.
    Happy holidays love and keep your head up. : )

• thankfifi

December 23, 2011 | Reply

Aw Maegan, what a tough time you’re having. It’s so hard to describe to others how dogs are in our hearts but when you have one of your own you know just how it is and I truly hope you have him home safe soon and get to enjoy Christmas.
    On a plus note you look beyond amazing in these shots today.
    Merry Christmas.x

• Melissa

December 23, 2011 | Reply

Merry Christmas Maegan! You have been part of my daily reads for over two years now and you are one of my favorites…a true inspiration! I wish you all the best for 2012…good things happen to good people :)

• Abby

December 24, 2011 | Reply

Well I hope it makes you feel better that you are the most fabulous female blogger I know!!! And your sense of style is impeccable, keep your head up darling- it’s these kinds of situations that make you a stronger woman, and we need more strong women like you in the world.

• Abi

December 24, 2011 | Reply

Oh I’m soooo sorry about your pet. I am the same way, my Rhodesian Rdigeback is my baby. A few weeks ago my husband had left for some training and Roxann got bite by a copperhead…. I know I just sat in the vet and cried even though she was gonna be okay!! Hope he gets better soon!!

• RecipeObsessed

December 24, 2011 | Reply

The shoes make the outfit.

• coco

December 26, 2011 | Reply

super ! like !

• semforever

December 27, 2011 | Reply
  • oh, jenny mae

December 28, 2011 | Reply

One of my favorite outfits! Love this too much!

• House of Avandan