Pretty Low Side Bun Hair Tutorial

low side bun-holiday hair

This low side bun is one of the easiest and quickest hair styles to create and works perfectly for various occasions. It can go from a messy, bohemian look to a sleek and pretty updo simply depending on the way you secure it & style it. For this particular tutorial, the goal is a quick and easy holiday hair style that literally takes five minutes or less to do.

It’s a neat and pretty version of my messy low side bun hair tutorial from 2008. Also similar to the style I created at the end of my Hot Rollers hair tutorial last year. I guess it’s my go-to, lol. It’s just so easy!

What you’ll need:
* Large and small bobby pins
* Hair spray {I use Bed Head Hair Spray}
* A pretty barrette or hair pin for a final holiday touch {mine is courtesy of M&J Trim}

easy side bun - 5 minute holiday hair

* You may have already seen it over at Life Well Lived and if you have, apologies for the repeat. I’m on book deadlines this week 😉

Happy Holiday Hair!

Tweet This!

Profile photo of Maegan Tintari

• Justine

December 13, 2011 | Reply

You know I’m a sucker Maegan hair tutorial!

~Stop Me if You’ve Heard This One

• Shelby324539

December 13, 2011 | Reply

Love the low side bun. I was wondering if you have ever tried these Goody Spin Pins? I have a lot of hair too and I have fallen in love with them. They are super easy and really secure your hair without needing a ton of pins.

Happy Holidays!

• CessOviedo

December 13, 2011 | Reply

Pretty simple and chic! Love the sparkly accessory you wore! Let’s see if I can nail it just as easy as you did!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

December 14, 2011 | Reply

’tis lovely!!!!!! particularly on pretty girls with blonde hair. lol

• seekingstyleblog

December 14, 2011 | Reply

I love this look – been rocking it for about a week now; yours is much cleaner 😉

• Melanie

December 14, 2011 | Reply

This is so pretty! I love it. Going to try it out tonight… Thanks!! :)

• Lauren

December 24, 2011 | Reply

So very annoyed that this isn’t working for me right now. @Maegan, is there a trick I’m not getting? I have very thick hair, it looks a lot like yours…. should I have not washed it yesterday? It’s slipping right out of the bobby pins, and I’m using the very large ones, too. Grrr.