I’m going outside to take it all in

dinner date outfit-straight hair

What I’m Wearing
* Vintage black blazer with sequined lapels.
* LAmade blush blouse… courtesy of LAmade… love.
* Rich & Skinny jeans Easy Money “Lira”… been wearing these jeans a lot lately actually.
* Faux Van Cleef Alhambra necklaces from Regina Pierallini {here’s a similar clover necklace} plus my new gold Tiffany pendant necklace and big gold hoop earrings {the husband loves big hoops!}
* Steve Madden blush suede pumps… see a better shot here
* Leopard clutch was from Aldo I think… years ago.

* Title: lyrics from Imogen Heap “Headlock” yes, I’ve become obsessed with this entire album. This is one of my favorites.

This was last week actually… a dinner date with the husband. We eat when the old people eat. It’s either the early bird special with all the seniors or in an empty restaurant before anyone else gets there. I like empty restaurants though; it means the chefs are cooking exclusively for us — which also means the food is AMAZING — and I feel a bit like royalty. The reasoning behind it is actually much more boring though. Our sort-of lunch/dinner situation is due to our schedules. It just works out this way. Surprisingly though, this particular day we ate a bit later than we normally do & left just in time to catch the amazing technicolor sunset. January has been particularly warm in these here parts, which I wouldn’t really have noticed as unusual except that the husband has been yelling out the window about it being January and how it shouldn’t be this hot. We have so many beautiful days in LA that I tend to only notice the less than perfect ones. Like, the freezing, rainy ones… and find that I am happier in general when the sun is shining. The husband, on the other hand, prefers rain… which is a bit of an oxymoron, considering. I won’t tell him though because I’ll take 80degrees now and every day for the rest of the year and forever.

Despite the heat, we still have our Christmas lights up… they’re just too pretty to take down yet. I do plan on relocating them to the backyard though… bistro style ;)

date night outfit-jeans-blouse-black blazer

LAMade blush blouse- clover alhambra necklaces-leopard clutch-jeans

date outfit-jeans and a blazer

leopard clutch-engagement ring-wedding rings

grainy photo- straight hair-leopard print clutch-black blazer

LA sunset-christmas lights-house

black blazer-blush blouse-alhambra necklaces-straight hair

Happy Thursday!

Tweet This!

• L'art

January 5, 2012 | Reply

Beautiful, elegant and very feminine outfit!
    I also love the restaurant dates with my husband, it’s always so romantic and magical, eps. if the food is amazing :)

• Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane

January 5, 2012 | Reply

You look so skinny, blush is a FAB color on you and it can be 80 every day for the rest of my life and I would be happy! Love living in So Cal!

• Neris / Fashion Fractions

January 5, 2012 | Reply

wow, the lightening in these photos is amazing and you look gorgeous as always :)

xoxo,

Fashion Fractions

• SreeBindu

January 5, 2012 | Reply

adorable :) look cute, elegant as well as hot =). This color suits u a lot.

xoxo

• Loulou

January 5, 2012 | Reply

Oh I love that jacket with the sequin lapel … Gorgeous. You’re lucky it’s been so warm there. It’s been all heavy coats, hats, scarves and gloves where I live.

We’re with you guys as far as eating out early goes. We often end up going out for lunch, which we like but is not nearly as glamourous as dinner out is.

That lovely sunset you were out in sure made for nice photos.

Loulou Downtown

• taylor

January 5, 2012 | Reply

this look is somewhat simple and relaxed, but you look absolutely stunning and radiant! i can’t wait to try and recreate this outfit with items in my closet. thanks for the inspiration, maegan!

• Jackie {York Avenue}

January 5, 2012 | Reply

Love your outfit, and the lights look seriously gorgeous! So romantic.

• Ana

January 5, 2012 | Reply

I love this look! What a fabulously chic and casual evening look. So much inspiration here!

• Elle Sees

January 5, 2012 | Reply

Try Frou Frou…another cd by Imogene. You’ll recognize the song Let Go from it.
    And she’s amazing live.

• PinkGlitter

January 5, 2012 | Reply

Love your outfit! I can’t get over how pretty your ring is!

• Gwen

January 5, 2012 | Reply

You are just gorgeous! I still love your fun manicure too!!! I almost tried it last night but I need to get rid of my dark gel polish first. And…this post might be the inspiration I need to go buy some skinny jeans finally. I may actually be able to fit into some now. :)

• Leigh

January 5, 2012 | Reply

I love the blazer! I might have to be DIY a copycat of it.

• Rocquelle P.

January 5, 2012 | Reply

Such a lovely outfit! I adore the long sleeve blouse under the 3/4 length blazer and the pop of animal print!

• Erica

January 5, 2012 | Reply

These photos came out beautifully! I love your outfit too :)

• House of Avandan

January 5, 2012 | Reply

Love the bangles and the entire look!

A blog for the jewelry-obsessed.

• elaine

January 5, 2012 | Reply

what a great outfit! I’m new to your blog – these pics are so nice. I love the twinkle lights too. Thanks for the inspiration! I need to dress up more apparently ;)

• CessOviedo

January 5, 2012 | Reply

I’m with you empty restaurants are the best, I get more relaxed and food in deed is even better! Great outfit, love the necklaces!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Amanda

January 5, 2012 | Reply

What a curious thing!. Yesterday, I have been in the Alhambra, the muslim red castle and palace in Granada (Spain).

Wooowwww…I’m still impressed with its amazing beauty. I recommend everybody the visit.

And, of course, you are always perfect and gorgeous.

Happy New Year, Maegan!.

January 5, 2012 | Reply

We had the most beautiful sunset, too……..wide bands of brilliant orange in between lavender bands of clouds. Breathtaking……..

January 5, 2012 | Reply

p.s. Beautiful photos of a beautiful girl, Sunshine!

• Iva

January 5, 2012 | Reply

you look beautiful and that shirt is fabulous! Phenomenal color on you!

January 5, 2012 | Reply

you know you are such a class act–you are young, have THE KILLER body, live in LA, you could be hanging your junk out everywhere and no one would blame you–but you show real confidence, security and peace in the way you dress- a real inspiration! and Im sure, everyone who sees you can tell you have an amazing figure and that just makes you more sexy and alluring! :) :)

January 5, 2012 | Reply

I meant in the end sentence above, that you still see your great figure under the clothes, so there is mystery and allure there..does that make sense?? im a woman btw, just a fan not a weird dude stalker! :)

• thankfifi

January 5, 2012 | Reply

You look beautiful as always.x

• Cymone

January 5, 2012 | Reply

Your absoltuley goregous hun!

• Keely

January 5, 2012 | Reply

LOVE this outfit! A few questions though (I don’t comment often). How on Earth do you find skinny jeans that fit you so well? I feel like there is always bunchiness. I know that’s not a word, but, oh well ;) Also, I love the blush color that has been making a comeback for awhile, but I definitely don’t think my skin tone could rock it. You are fair and blonde too and it looks great on you! Any suggestions? Last question- do you ever wear your hair wavy??

• Jessica Snellings

January 5, 2012 | Reply

Another gorgeous outfit featuring a blazer – and sequins! I wish I could put together cute outfits for myself.

• Jamie

January 5, 2012 | Reply

You look absolutely stunning Maegan! I love everything about this outfit!!!

XOXO,
    Jamie

• Miss Caitlin S.

January 6, 2012 | Reply

sooo beautiful!

• Lisa

January 6, 2012 | Reply

I love these pictures, great outfit and the setting is perfect!

• {andthisiswhatshesaid}

January 6, 2012 | Reply

You’re so damn beautiful lady love!

• jenn~the stylish housewife

January 6, 2012 | Reply

i LOVE this weather we are having. how can your hubby like the rain…is he nuts? =) btw…i’ve been thinking…when are you going to “maeg” me sumthin? =)i figure if i beg, one of these days i’ll have one of my very own love maegan creations. ha ha!

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

• All Glam Things

January 6, 2012 | Reply

Very pretty look! I love the feminine color of the blouse and your necklaces! You look gorgeous! If you have a second, I’ve got a new post on a ways to stop Procrastination. Really hard to get back to work after all this Holidays.) Love to hear what you think. Xo

Yelena,
    GlamThings

January 6, 2012 | Reply

looking good, little lady!

hope you are enjoying the new year!

this warm weather has been wild. and a bit fun. i’ll take 60-80 year round. no more, no less. i wish! :)

• trina

January 8, 2012 | Reply

Love the outfit and have been looking for a clover necklace! Love your site!

• Wendy

January 9, 2012 | Reply

Beautiful outfit, beautiful photo shoot. Well done!

• MLo

January 10, 2012 | Reply

Im in love with your wedding ring! Where is it from?? I need to give the BF style ideas :)

• seekingstyleblog

January 11, 2012 | Reply

I love your outfit and the lights are super pretty!

xo Jennifer