Sephora’s Instant Nail Polish Remover

Sephora Bain Dissolvant Express

Since we all know that these fun chunky glitter nail polishes are an absolute headache to remove, I decided to give Sephora’s -Instant Nail Polish Remover a try. It claims to be: A nail polish remover that leaves no trace of past polishes. I’ve left my New Year’s manicure on for far too long so it was the perfect test.

Sephora Bain Dissolvant Express-nail polish remover

By simply inserting your fingers one at a time into the soft foamy hole for one minute, your polish is supposed to instantly dissolve. One minute is far from “instant”, in my opinion, but the experience wasn’t horrendous for this impatient woman.

While it does a fairly good job at removing the POLISH, it did a horrendous job removing the GLITTER chunks. I ended up scraping the glitter off with my nails then sticking my fingers back in the remover one last time to clean off the remaining traces of polish that was below the glitter.

sephora nail polish remover-leaves glitter specs

I do like that it contains NONE of the following and did NOT dry out my nails or my skin: {the polish did a good enough job of that}

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

* Here’s a before shot, if you didn’t catch it… click through the photo for a tutorial.

diamonds-pearls-nails-glitter

click here for fun manicure ideas

* I was NOT paid to endorse this product

Tweet This!

• House of Avandan

January 10, 2012 | Reply

Thanks for the review. Glitter would be pretty tough to get off, even with traditional nail polish remover.

I posted a new tutorial!

• Nancy

January 10, 2012 | Reply

Hi Maegan

I tried this suggestion by Deborah Lippmann. Soak a piece of felt in nail polish remover and hold against your nail for about 30 seconds then start rubbing the polish and glitter off.I found this did work as long as you have the felt really well soaked in the remover and you rub hard.A few strands of the felt do come off as they catch on the glitter but they were easily brushed away.

I did your white polish with silver glitter and got compliments from my teenage sons and husband.

Take care
    Nancy

• Elle Sees

January 11, 2012 | Reply

put some remover on a cotton ball/toilet paper on each finger, and then wrap each finger in tin foil. leave for a couple of minutes. it removes all glitter.
    mwah!

January 11, 2012 | Reply

I hate getting glitter off my nails too. Try cutting up some squares of felt and using that instead of a cotton ball. The rougher material will help get the glitter off.

Amanda U

January 11, 2012 | Reply

Removing glitter polishes is easy when you know that method: http://www.all-you-desire.com/2010/08/removing-glitter-polish-foil-method.html And you can use your regular remover, pure acetone isn’t necessary :)
    Kate

• Ruthlessrocks

January 12, 2012 | Reply

Hey M, to remove glitter put some remover on cotton batting/ball and then cover the whole thing in tinfoil. Leave on for a minute or two and voila! It’s the fastest, bestest and least damaging way to get rid of glitter polish.

• Behind the Lashes

January 17, 2012 | Reply

I rarely do glitter polish because I know that it will take forever to remove. Did you see Sephora’s new prisma eye shadows though??? (swooooon)