"The camellia, a flower of stark simplicity and pure white, could not fail to charm Mademoiselle Chanel. It formed part of her private world: [in her apartment] scattered on Coromandel screens, it also appears in chandeliers or in bouquets with rock-crystal.
Prior to being the flower associated with demimondaines or dandies, the camellia symbolized purity and longevity in Asia. Gabrielle [Coco] Chanel made it a symbol of her designs, featuring it here and there in every item of a woman’s wardrobe." ~ quoted from Chanel News
Chanel Brooches from the Cruise 2011/2012 Collection
* 1. black and white satin camellia brooch
* 2. pink tweed & lacquered fabric bouquet brooch
* 3. blue lacquered tweed brooch
* 4. black and white and navy - silk & lacquered fabric camellia bouquet brooch
* 5. lambskin camellia brooch with signature gold petal