Causing a Commotion

new  sheer vintage dress with - big  hair cat eyes and leopard accessories

What I’m Wearing
* Vintage navy sheer 50′s dress with peter pan collar and rhinestone buttons up the front. I found this dress at Iguana last October while searching for my Betty Draper dress. I had to have it, not only because it was one of the few 50′s dresses I tried on that actually fit, but because, it’s 100% awesome. You can see it on a dress form here.
* Vintage rhinestone necklace with gold setting rather than silver from Ebay.
* Vintage leopard print belt actually came with a vintage Bill Blass leopard print dress I got from 86 Vintage Etsy shop. {see the dress here}
* Casadei leopard print stilettos. My favorite shoes in my closet but oh OH so high… so high that it’s just easier to walk like Peg Bundy in them.
* Vintage sunglasses.
* Brahmin ostrich convertible tote bag… courtesy of Brahmin.

* HUGE HAIR: courtesy of this bantu buns hair tutorial.

* Title: lyrics by Madonna ~ Causing a Commotion.

I asked the husband if he had a few minutes to do an outfit shoot and he agreed… and about 20 minutes later I walked out, handed him my camera and he followed me out the door. And then he said, “Wait, would you really wear that? …like that? …without anything under it?” I said I’m technically wearing what would be considered a one-piece bathing suit under it… completely covered… and I see women wearing sheer dresses quite often… but to answer your question, no, I’d wear a full slip under it if I were really wearing it out… out beyond our street, that is.

So while I was in fact, wearing it strictly to play dress up for this post, I also didn’t think it was that bad. And then we got out into the middle of the street and people were coming out of the woodwork and cars were almost purposely driving down the street at extremely slow speeds… and some trash zombie with his cart full of recyclables seemed to be standing guard. So yes, apparently I caused a commotion with my see-through dress so we quietly moved onto a more hidden area. But honestly, I naively thought it was no big deal at all. And it’s not like I was standing in the middle of Sunset Blvd. AND I still really don’t see what all the commotion was about. AND, I LOVE the outfit — it has this 50′s meets 80′s look with a hint of Marilyn meets Carrie Bradshaw… so yeah, the tiny commotion we caused was totally worth it.

sheer navy dress - big hair-brahmin bag-leopard accessories

Leopard Print Shoes  -  ostrich brahmin  bag

leopard print casadei peep toe stilettoes and brahmin bag

new   leopard heels -  big hair- vintage fashion-sheer dress

brahmin classic bag

vintage sheer 50's dress - leopard print belt shoes -big hair

Happy Hump Day!

Tweet This!

• Natali

March 21, 2012 | Reply

Wow!! You look so vamp!! Love your hair and dress :)

• Chelsea

March 21, 2012 | Reply

Fantastic outfit! I love the shoes and bag!!

Chelsea (www.hautechildinthecity.com)

• Felecia Ward

March 21, 2012 | Reply

This pin up girl look is my favorite look on you to date! Very Betty Paige…who me? Meets Marilyn Monroe…this old thing? I bet your husband also offered to help you undress too. Nicely played! Following you. Please follow back.

Styleropa

• CessOviedo

March 21, 2012 | Reply

Wow you are rocking the two S! that is sexy and sophisticated at the same time, I don’t think is that bad either, in fact not bad at all, the full slip would work, but I think it will be perfect for a date out with your hubs!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Nathalie

Wow I love your hair!

• Ashe @ Ash in Fashion

March 21, 2012 | Reply

Frankly, I love it as is! The swimsuit makes a stunning, dress a bit more modern and sharp. The leopard accessories are to die for with it. And the swimsuit? It’s like this nice little naughty edge. Maybe on Sunset it’d have caused less commotion?

• Megan

March 21, 2012 | Reply

I love the whole ensemble. My sister used to wear her pretty blond hair like yours in these photos back in the late 80s and early 90s. I am so jealous and wish I didn’t have fine, straight hair! You look beautiful!

• jenn~the stylish housewife

March 21, 2012 | Reply

GORGEOUS!!! you are so lucky your hubby will take your pics! if i still lived in LA, i would totally wear it out like that out at night, but not in the day. =) you look like a total babe!

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

• Christine

March 21, 2012 | Reply

Wow you look great. But I have to ask, dont those shoes kill your feet after a while? I love all your shoes but most of them look like they would hurt after a couple hours. How do you do it?

• sonia daigle

March 21, 2012 | Reply

I love your outfit, your hair and shoes…Peeeerrrfect!!!
    My blog post of the day, is all about leopard!
    Sonia xo

• Jola

March 21, 2012 | Reply

Stunning! Your hair looks so great. Can you post a tutorial how to do such big curls?

Have a nice day!

• GFS

March 21, 2012 | Reply

This is so very Darryl Hannah, circa Splash-era. It’s hot. It doesn’t seem like a big deal to me depending on where you are going…like to a pool side cocktail party…where they hopefully would serve those bacon wrapped shrimp on a skewer….I digress.

For regular wear, I would prob put a fitted black mini under it for coverage but all bets are off when you are playing dress up!

I say all of that to say…you look hot…and I need some bacon.

• Me

March 21, 2012 | Reply

I haven’t even read what you wrote yet because I have to get this out now. Do you know what I thought when I saw this? – Holy Jesus! Good God, she is stunning! – Maegan, why aren’t you on TV? Seriously!?! Do you have an agent? If you don’t, go get one. If you already have one, may I suggest you get a new one.

• Me

March 21, 2012 | Reply

because the world should really be seeing more of what you have to offer!

• Me

March 21, 2012 | Reply

Okay, now I read it – Umm…

“I still really don’t see what all the commotion was about.”

Really?!?! You don’t understand what all the commotion was about? May I ask what the husband and you did when you went back home after that photo shoot?

Go get an agent.

• Classy~

Love the shoes! Amazing outfit! :]

Keep it Classy!

• Nari-Elle

March 21, 2012 | Reply

You look gorgeous..love your hair!

themagicstyle-by-nari.blogspot.com/

• BmoreLoveLeigh

March 21, 2012 | Reply

I love that you caused such a commotion with your sheer dress. As soon as I saw your outfit I thought “CARRIE!” I love everything about it, but it is definitely not a look that everybody could pull off on a regular day. Especially in a city like Baltimore that is not really fashion forward. :)

• Love + Marriage

March 21, 2012 | Reply

This is my favorite EVER! What a lucky score with the dress and you styled it perfectly!

• Curlijuli

March 21, 2012 | Reply

You look amazing! And these shoes…Wow! Gorgeous! You know how they say – if a woman loves a pair of shoes, it doesn’t matter what size they are and if they are comfortable:)

• Melody

March 21, 2012 | Reply

You look amazing!! Not everyone can pull this off. Maybe you can really wear it out if you put on a tank top and little shorts under instead of the body suit.

• In The Loop

March 21, 2012 | Reply

I love that dress! Granted, I’d never wear it but it still doesnt change the fact that I adore it.

You look fabulous.

• Miss Caitlin S.

March 21, 2012 | Reply

dress is perfection! you are so varied in your looks, i adore.

• Jannine

March 21, 2012 | Reply

i recently discovered your blog and i think its awesome! love the variety of content. :)
    this outfit is so beautiful! it definitely has a retro element to it. loved how you paired it with those leopard shoes.
    XO Jannine

• Alice Barton

March 21, 2012 | Reply

i think that you look AMAAAZZZZIINNNGGG. I just love the whole outfit. If you when to a party like this I hink that you would be one of the best dresses for sure!! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

• Jessi

March 21, 2012 | Reply

Soooo, I probably have said this a billion times before, but this is one of my faves!!! You look stunning! The hair, the shoes, the DRESS… omg, the dress. (I love that you caused a commotion, LOVE.)
    I think using a sheer dress like that for the stage would be so amazing and a breathe of fresh air from the typical tank-and-booty shorts rut… you could see the dancers’ bodies (the light through the fabric!!) but still have some je ne sais quoi… Just love this, thanks for the idea ;)
    xoxo J

• Mawiyah

March 21, 2012 | Reply

Best outfit post ever!!! The whole look is BOMB!

• Fashion Clothing

Very good look ! Specially shoes , amazing

• Panty Buns

March 21, 2012 | Reply

Absolutely stunning and very much in vogue. In fact I looked at the photo before the post title and was going to look to see who designed the dress being certain it must have just hit the runways. Both you and your outfit look gorgeous. I love it. Your hair looks beautiful too. I’m not surprised people slowed down to get a look – you really look like a star.

• thankfifi

March 21, 2012 | Reply

the commotion is because you look so flipping hot!
    not sure I’d wear it to walk my dog but for the right occasion I don’t see why not so long as you don’t mind some attention.x

• Jessica

March 21, 2012 | Reply

You look amazing. This vintage dress is simply stunning.

Hope you’re well – I need to swing by here and check in more often :)

xo

• Alex

March 21, 2012 | Reply

Obviously you look completely fabulous as always! I think if my body ever looks like that again I’d consider wearing this to an event or something. I’ve been to a lot of music industry stuff & the girls dress way more “vulgar” than what you are!

• april

March 22, 2012 | Reply

wow! my favorite outfit on your blog…EVER! You rocked the shit out of that vintage dress!! The last picture should be blown up and put somewhere really awesome!

• Alela Sirah

March 22, 2012 | Reply

Love this look you look like a vintage barbie!

March 22, 2012 | Reply

honey you look beyond amazing! and you should wear this out,, you go girl!!! btw,,, love your blog!

• Life's a shoe

March 22, 2012 | Reply

wow your outfit is gorgeous!!! I LOVE your shoes and bag…following you now!

• stacy

March 22, 2012 | Reply

stunning!

• Jessica @ Here(and)Now

March 22, 2012 | Reply

totally worth the commotion! i love your hair like that! very Carrie Bradshaw indeed!
    xx

• Marina

March 22, 2012 | Reply

Your hair is amazing so beautiful :) The outfit is really great <33 You just look perfect!

xx
    biskvittka.blogspot.com

• yuni.k

March 23, 2012 | Reply

God, I love those shoes. Also, instead of a slip, have you thought of maybe wearing a short skirt under it? So you still get the lovely sheerness, but a high-low thing as well.

the|next|obsession

• Jennifer

March 26, 2012 | Reply

Wow you look absolutely fabulous!

xo Jennifer

• mrsjay

March 31, 2012 | Reply

Absolutely lovely! those heels really set the tone..but man these shots are so fashion photo shoot, work it gurl!

• cheetah print dress

April 17, 2012 | Reply

Fantastic outfit! I love the shoes and bag!!

• Karen Michelle

April 23, 2012 | Reply

Love the look ! From the Hair to Shoes, it’s absolutely Fabulous! If any of you ladies are interested in clothing similar to this style visit the Karen Michelle Boutique! Like us on Facebook and Enter to win a $25 Gift Certificate! https://www.facebook.com/KarenMichelleInc

-Karen Michelle

July 19, 2012 | Reply

It is so very stylish and designing Dress.
    Avilean

• Jenny Ekberg

September 1, 2012 | Reply

Is it Maegan or Marilyn :o )?
    You look smokin’ hot girl!!!

• Deni D

June 26, 2013 | Reply

Great outfit! Bold and beautiful :)