You say the words that I can’t say

white pants for spring- blue vintage bow blouse-simple pretty outfit

What I’m Wearing
* White twill straight leg stretch jeans… courtesy of Jigsaw London. I’m always a bit scared to wear white pants but these are so flattering, they actually make my legs feel longer! I love that they’re not super-tight either… they come in a few different colors as well but I’m so happy with the white!
* Vintage blouse.
* R.J. Graziano Double Disc Drop Earrings from GILT
* Gucci vintage stripe sunglasses
* Lela double zip wallet in coral.
* iPhone case DIY… still using it… still loving it! {have dropped a few times so this clear case has passed the protection test as well}
* Steve Madden blush suede pumps

* Title: lyrics from New Order – Bizarre Love Triangle

Sometimes I’m into a ton of accessories but mostly, they just annoy me… it’s too much fuss for me sometimes and I just want to rip everything off! Some outfits call for a lot of accessories but some don’t. I think some fashion bloggers {and I know I’ve done it as well} over accessorize to get an editorial feel for their outfit photos and it’s strange how instead of being mocked for being over accessorized or gaudy even, they are applauded for being so stylish… and I think it’s funny, that’s all. You see it in catalogues, where companies are trying to sell products and in magazine editorials where the magazine is paid to advertise and sell products as well. I just want to assure anyone who may feel less than fashionable because they aren’t loading up their arms with bracelets every day and wearing ten necklaces at a time, and layering articles of clothing upon one another, that style doesn’t always align with trends. Style is how you make those trends your own, or how you don’t. Fashion bloggers are just trying to sell a product too.

white pants for spring - bow blouse

blush suede pumps - shoes -heels

white pants and blue blouse-outfit

earrings-smiling-makeup- hair

Lela wallet-iphone case DIY-sunglasses

white pants -jeans-vintage blouse-spring outfit

Happy Thursday!

Tweet This!

• Redcliffe Style

March 8, 2012 | Reply

I would have stained the pants just wearing them for the photo. You look great though. I totally agree about the accessories. Rachel x

• Anna Saccone

March 8, 2012 | Reply

Gosh Maegan, you look absolutely stunning! This is one of my favourite outfits ever :) <3 xo

• Natali

March 8, 2012 | Reply

Gorgeous blouse! You look fresh and natural!

• Gawgus things...

March 8, 2012 | Reply

The jeans are a lovely cut – love the blouse too :)
    Emma x

• Lili

March 8, 2012 | Reply

Very much true! I recently talked about M.I.A.’s “Bad Girls” video, and while she’s blinged up in most of the scenes, there is one where she’s just wearing a black longsleeve and that’s it. This was by far the most impressive look to me. There’s a lesson in there somewhere, I guess ;-)

• Felecia Ward

March 8, 2012 | Reply

So glad you spoke out about the over accessorizing virus spreading throughout bloggerville. Noisy and annoying. Love your vintage blouse! Tie-bow blouses are my signature obsession. No noise or solicitation.
    Styleropa

• Schnelle

March 8, 2012 | Reply

I love the colors of your blouse. The whole outfit looks great, laid back but put together. Some times less is more with accessories, sometimes I get annoyed with them too (especially bangles).

• lena

Hello Maegan.
    I agree with your words. We make our own style. And I love your look.
    Kisses from Portugal

• Justyn Lord

March 8, 2012 | Reply

Simple chic wins the race! Looking great as always.
    xx
    Justyn
    thoughtsbyapetitebrunette.com

• House of Hemingway

March 8, 2012 | Reply

I agree with the over accessorizing trend that’s going on. I love my accessories though, but I think we have to be aware of just when to stop.

You look lovely in soft colors or colors in general but I’ve always said that :)

btw, you should drop by the gallery and do a photobooth photo just for kicks and giggles! hehehehe….

Oh and if anyone’s interested, I have a Kate Spade giveaway going on at my blog!

March 8, 2012 | Reply

I look so much slimmer in white jeans that aren’t too tight. Thanks for mentioning that! Nothing (almost) is better than a nice- fitting and COMFORTABLE pair of white jeans/pants. Love your vintage blouse. I’ve kept a few of my mom’s silky blouses with ties. Have a beautiful and sunny day, Sunshine!

• CessOviedo

March 8, 2012 | Reply

Lovely blouse, the print is just so cute! I could not agree more with you about the definition of style!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• Roos

March 8, 2012 | Reply

Feliz día mujer!!! Que lo disfrutes plenamente y tengas un día maravilloso!!!
    Besitos
    Roos

• Tuesday Chronicles

March 8, 2012 | Reply

Looking gorgeous as usual! Love that top!

xoxo,
    Maritess

• Jessi

March 8, 2012 | Reply

I’m definitely a minimalist with accessories and such, just enough to finish the look. I also think that if you’re wearing/carrying a strong statement piece, that’s really all you need. Don’t want a bunch of other little things stealing it’s thunder… quality not quantity! :)
    You look fab, as always!
    xoxo J

• Jessica Gitler

March 8, 2012 | Reply

those blush pumps are outstanding!!
    jess

• House of Avandan

• DiamondsandTulle

March 8, 2012 | Reply

Here! Here! Maegan! I LOVE what you’ve said about the accessorizing! I know that most fashion bloggers must wear at least 5lbs of bracelets in every post. And though it may look amazing on some, other times, I feel like the piles of accessories is just there for the sake of “more is more”. I know in my real life, it’s often just impractical. Anyways, I am LOVING this purple top and white jeans! You look so fresh and beautiful!

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

P.S. Thanks to your tips, I now have 4 re-blooming orchid plants! It’s a miracle! But I credit your placement of the plants by the kitchen sink as the #1 helpful hint!

• Debra

March 8, 2012 | Reply

I’ve been afraid of white pants too but those are fantastic!
    Great combination you’ve got going.

xoxo
    Debra

• Alela Sirah

March 9, 2012 | Reply

Love this look it is so sweet! It’s a great lunch outfit!

• Adventures in Dressmaking

March 9, 2012 | Reply

Fun!! I do need to get some white skinnies this year. And some pastel skinnies! Love the colors.

• Haydee Rodriguez

March 9, 2012 | Reply

this look is adorable!

March 9, 2012 | Reply

you look super fresh (lol) and spring-y!

and i sure love that iphone case. it looks gorgeous!

• Ewa Prokopczuk

March 11, 2012 | Reply

I love that white jeans are in the moment – they bring a sense of renewal that spring needs.

Thank you THANK YOU for not over accessorizing. It’s easy to admire those outfits, but not too easy to relate into real life.

Your honesty is so refreshing! (And I love your wallet. Coral is one of the best colors in the world).

:) Ewa

• Andrea Clare

March 11, 2012 | Reply

love the crisp white and the blue! so fresh!

• What She Wore

March 13, 2012 | Reply

You seriously took the words out of my mouth with your post! I wanted to write about jewelry and my hot/cold relationship with it. I couldn’t have written about it better. :)
    Your white jeans look amazing on you! Such a pretty and flowy spring outfit!

• Katie

March 15, 2012 | Reply

You speak the truth! :)

I actually find a lot of accessories to be so cumbersome. When I go to work in the morning, I barely wear any jewelry – bracelets and rings get in the way when I’m on the computer…so necklaces and earrings are usually all I’ll sport when I have the day-to-day work stuff. I accessorize much more on the weekends…and when I’m taking photos for my blog! Oops.