on the hunt: Mini White Cross Body Bag

Image Source: Tommy Ton ~ Style.com

The husband and I are planning a little Summer stay in Palm Springs in a few weeks to determine whether or not we are truly interested in purchasing a home there. I haven’t been since I was a kid and he’s never been so it will be a nice little Summer vacation for us as well. We’ve booked a suite at the fabulously luxe Viceroy Hotel and I can’t wait to see it in person. I’m incredibly excited about our little adventure and am already imagining the amazing photographs I’m going to return home with. But what I really can’t stop thinking about is what I’m going to wear while we are there, which is what led me to this post. I am in need of a small, hands-free bag and I think a little white cross body bag will come in rather “handy”, not to mention, perfect for Summer. So here are my top picks in various price ranges from absolutely ridiculous to utterly affordable.

1. Proenza Schouler PS11 Mini Classic $2995
10. McQ Amwell Mini cross body bag $660
11. Oryany Reese Shoulder bag $270

not shown:
1. BCBG white lizard mini crossbody $55
2. Reed Krakoff mini white shoulder bag $590
3. White Cambridge satchel $20

A few neutrals that are in the running as well:
1. Nanette Leopore nude crossbody bag $316
2. Reed Krakoff mini shoulder bag $590
3. R&Em mini crossbody $39.99

* I am in love with a few of them but would rather keep my budget under $200 considering the limited use I will get out of it. I definitely lean toward the styles that can be used as clutches as well, without the strap… I like my accessories to work for me ;)

Happy Friday Lovecats!

Tweet This!

• Amy

June 29, 2012 | Reply

I couldn’t agree more about a great white cross body! Let us know what you decide to purchase!

xx Amy

• anbetisa

June 29, 2012 | Reply

Im in love with this post!!!! Fanastic, i hope to see you soon at my blog, iam a your follower!!!

• Cecilia

June 29, 2012 | Reply

I love absolutly love the third one and the ninth one <3 I would go for one of those if i were you. But the others are fabulous as well, hope you have fun at your stay in Palm Springs.

• Sharon

June 29, 2012 | Reply

Palm Springs is amazing, you will love it. Thanks for some great shopping ideas!

• freeteyme

June 29, 2012 | Reply

I love the BCBG one. It can be dressed up or down and I agree with factoring the cost with the amount of usage. Great selections!

• Jess

June 29, 2012 | Reply

I own the MAC in white perforated leather and absolutely love it! The adjustable chain is the best part.

• jenn~the stylish housewife

June 29, 2012 | Reply

i am OBSESSED with crossbody’s right now!!! went from having one to three in the last month! ha ha. i still need white though! =)great finds!

p.s. SO jealous you are going to palm springs! and staying at the viceroy!

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

• Maria @ GLD

June 29, 2012 | Reply

Love them all! I bought one last summer, although is more creamy than white. Anyway, I used it a lot and will continue to use it next summer.
    Good luck in your vacation and hope you can make a decision about the house.

• Kat

June 29, 2012 | Reply

I might be a little biased when I say that the Rebecca Minkoff options may be the best. I have it in yellow and it’s been great. AND yes, you can unhook the strap/chain to carry as a clutch. AND it’s just under $200 :)

kat
    aneyeforfashion.blogspot.com

• La Prétentieuse

June 29, 2012 | Reply

Hey I just met you, and this is crazy, but here’s my new blog, so add me maybe ? ;)

June 30, 2012 | Reply

Oh, check out the pool at the Colony Palms hotel, also the Indian wells are pretty cool, Mr Parker’s at the Parker hotel …. Ohhhh and do tell us all about the vintage shopping out there, I hear there are some great places!!!

• Sara

June 30, 2012 | Reply

I have a Mini MAC in black and though I was hesitant to spend that much on a bag, I have more than gotten my money’s worth out of it. It doesn’t hold much but that’s part of what makes it great for being out and about; you can’t cram everything in it but your shoulder won’t be aching at the end of the day either. The deciding factor for me was the fact that the strap could be removed. It’s as cute as a clutch as it is as a cross body bag.

Have fun in Palm Springs!

June 30, 2012 | Reply

under $200? really?

decisions, decisions…

• thankfifi

June 30, 2012 | Reply

I really love a lot of them but if it were my choice and I had the budget I would prob go for one of the mid range ones like the minkoff – I really can’t deal with faux leather, it gives me the creeps!

♥ ThankFifi

• thankfifi

June 30, 2012 | Reply

p.s. that’s such an awesome idea to test out the new neighbourhood with a vacation – I equally can’t wait to see the shots! (and knowing you guys, the suite will be awesome!)

• onehourgirl

July 1, 2012 | Reply

Go to the vintage shops there, I’m sure you’ll score a fantastic bag, otherwise the BCBG is my fave, perfect mix of boho-modern chic, have fun!

• oh, jenny mae

July 1, 2012 | Reply

forget the purses! i want that sweater on the left!!

• Fashion Sky

July 2, 2012 | Reply

I really love them all! Look great !:)

• Natasha xoxo