Malibu Castle Sherman Oaks Miniature Golf: A Non-Adventure, Adventure

The husband and I returned home from our little Palm Springs vacation last week as restless as two people can be. We went with a decision to make and returned home just as undecided as when we left. We are both fortunate to work from home, however, when your home becomes your workspace, there’s a need to flee from it to avoid feeling the need to work every moment that you’re there {or feeling guilty when you’re not}. And since we’ve been back, the need and desire to be away from it has grown immensely.

So the other day we ventured out after “work” … and granted, we’re still living in the area we both grew up in, so there’s not much new to see, but after grabbing a quick bite, we decided to stop at the Sherman Oaks Castle Park {or Malibu Castle, as we call it} for a little miniature golfing. Since we both grew up going to this exact location at various times in our childhood, separately of course, going the other day sort of gave us this free feeling, as if we were 13 years old again, without all the responsibilities that come with adulthood.

It was a nice and relaxing end to our day…

You can see my outfit post from earlier in the day, where I sneakily packed my big Lim bag with my Nikon DSLR and my smaller Wang wristlet to take with me in case such an occasion did arise where I didn’t want to be bogged down with the big bag and big camera. I’m always prepared for a little adventure… at least I like to think I am anyway ;) there’s safety in that.

So with my iphone camera in hand and the fun filter effects of the Picfx app, I give you, our miniature golfing EXTRAVAGANZA ;)

Teamwork…

I chose green to match my dress ;)

outfit details here

I even have my husband hooked on crocs now!

I told you it was breezy ;)

All their water features are tinted blue.

Hole in one!

Leaving the castle… Happy Weekend!

Tweet This!

• Mindy

July 20, 2012 | Reply

Wow Maegan … you make this ghetto little place look good – lol! Maybe the key is to go in the middle of the day on a weekday. On Friday nights, I’m convinced all the teenagers in the Valley are there on dates.

• Naomi at The Occasional Indulgence

July 20, 2012 | Reply

I love mini golf, especially with the hubby. Looks like a neat little place.

• CessOviedo

July 20, 2012 | Reply

Omg! I can’t believe that’s a mini golf, it makes the one in my city look like a joke, love how stylish you and the hubs went to play!

Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

• thankfifi

July 20, 2012 | Reply

love these photos – one of my favourite childhood memories is going on holiday to Florida (to go to disney land really) but for me the best part was crazy golf at pirate’s cove – to my 10 year old self it was a complete dreamland!

♥ ThankFifi

• Malu Swartjes

July 20, 2012 | Reply
  • Kat

July 20, 2012 | Reply

Really cool mini golf park. I remember them being diff as a kid… but maybe your photos are just so darn amazing that it makes it look ten times MORE fun!

kat
    aneyeforfashion.blogspot.com

• Maegan Tintari

July 20, 2012 | Reply

LOL… I actually hadn’t been in so long that I expected it to be all run down and shitty but was really surprised by how Un shitty it was! lol… we took the Blue course, if that makes any difference, and yes, there were very few people there in the middle of the day. It was such a nice afternoon/early evening really. We’ll go again

July 21, 2012 | Reply

Hey, looks very peaceful and not tons of people. I’m going to have to see if there are any left around here. Brings back fond memories of when my friends and I were teens and dating very polite guys at the time. Have a wonderful weekend, Sunshine!

• Tay

July 21, 2012 | Reply

wonderful breezy dress shot of you lining up your putt- reminds me of alice in wonderland playing croquet!

July 21, 2012 | Reply

Its so very good and awesome and Mind Blowing adventure .
    Lichi Super Fruit

• Carsedra

July 21, 2012 | Reply

Great pictures, looks like you both has such a fun time!!!

Carsedra of: