Palm Springs Vacation: Pool Time

Disclaimer: On the rare occasion that I do post anything revealing, body-wise, please know that we are on vacation here and wearing appropriate swimming attire while sunbathing and enjoying the cool pool waters – -as I’m sure you do as well. Just to make myself clear, I’m not “insecure and looking for compliments” as a woman accused me of on twitter the other day after posting an instagram shot of my leg. In the same way that my husband isn’t looking for compliments on the shots of his body either… but again, we ARE on vacation, and we wear bathing suits when we go in the pool ;)

All that said… this is one of three pools at The Viceroy Hotel and we have been enjoying it daily. You have to really, to tolerate the heat here in Palm Springs, or else you end up in your hotel suite all day long avoiding melting out in the 120 degree temperatures. Today though, was much cooler, only 107 I think, with a breeze, and a bit overcast, so the pool was even more enjoyable. These are all photos taken with my iphone, over the last three days we spent out by the pool. Happy Summer!

viceroy hotel palm springs, pool, summer

viceroy hotel palm springs, pool, summer

viceroy hotel palm springs, pool, summer

viceroy hotel palm springs, pool, summer

viceroy hotel palm springs, pool, summer

Stay tuned…

Tweet This!

• Natali

July 12, 2012 | Reply

I envy you so much!! You seem to be so relaxed and enjoying your vacation time :)

• Remmy Aliko

July 12, 2012 | Reply

I think u should not pay attention to insecure people, you and ur hubby look smoking hot!and ur in a beautiful place with a mazing weather to bask in the sun…flaunt it if uve got it. lol

• Neisa

July 12, 2012 | Reply

Palm Springs is on my list, maybe not in the Summer though. The photo of the night sky is amazing. Looks like you and the hubs are having a great time. Enjoy! Nothing better than ice cold drinks and lazing around the pool.

• tj

July 12, 2012 | Reply

Isn’t the sky amazing there? I went to Palm Springs years ago, and was blown away by how beautiful the sky and the mountains are. It’s like there is a special clarity in the air or something.

• Maria @ GLD

July 12, 2012 | Reply

The place looks great and it is obvious you are having a great time. No need to clarify anything. You are on vacations, end of story. Keep sharing those great pics :)

• thankfifi

July 12, 2012 | Reply

Looks so amazing – is it much hotter than where you live now? I’d give anything for a bit of sun right now! That’s it, I’m moving to the viceroy!

♥ ThankFifi
    p.s. how cute that you share hats!

• Beaute Jadore

July 12, 2012 | Reply

Great pictures, I LOVE the third one down, looks very editorial.

• Justine

July 12, 2012 | Reply

That husband of yours…always looking for attention! ;)

You both look awesome! You have me planning a trip in my head now.

July 12, 2012 | Reply

If you were insecure wouldn’t you be covering up instead?
    I think someone is jealous.

I love your pictures! Thanks for sharing!

-ella
    ATX

• Carrie

July 12, 2012 | Reply

Screw the nakedness, I want to know about those drinks!

• MerciBlahBlah

July 12, 2012 | Reply

The fact that you even have to put a disclaimer stating that you’re going to post pics of yourselves in bathing suits is ridic. People need to lighten the fuck up. Oopsie – did I just say that?!!!

I don’t even mind telling you that I am inthanely jealous that you are on a relaxing vacay. Sigh. SOMEDAY…

merci!
    Shannan

• Tracy W

July 12, 2012 | Reply

Love the pics of the Viceroy and surrounding scenery.
    I used to visit Palm Springs as a teenager and loved the retro feel of it then and have actually been thinking of a return visit. There really is a lot of fun things to do in the “Springs”. From the art galleries and Trina Turk’s amazing boutique to the tram ride up the mountain; something for everybody.
    Hope you continue to have a really great trip and you look stunning in that suit so rock it while you got it girl!

• A.Co

BEAUTIFUL!!

It’s seriously ridiculous of what that woman accused you of on Twitter, and I think your pre-face on this blog post is very well written & gentle, all things considered.

You (and your hubs) look amazing and looks like you’re having a wonderful time! Isn’t vacation simply glorious?! HOOOOORAH :)

Enjoy that heat (wow!!).

• astr!d

July 12, 2012 | Reply

i love the last pic of the palm trees!!! and i cant believe you had to put that disclaimer!!! people are always gonna hate. but you and ur man have great bodies! show it with pride while we still got it!!!! lol

• Ann

July 12, 2012 | Reply

That hubby of yours…allllllways trying to get into the shot w/ his bikini, so insecure!

Girly, don’t let a comment like that person made get to you – it was utter ridiculousness, and very transparent, to say the least.

I’ve been reading your blog a long time, and never once have you come off as seeking some sort of compliment. You receive them, yes, but only as a result of genuine admiration for one reason or another (external and internal beauty).

Have FUN!

PS. You do rock in your bikini!

• עליונית תחרה

July 12, 2012 | Reply

enjoy the vacation! please upload more photos from out of the hotel..this palm look amazing!

• Ashley

July 12, 2012 | Reply

Looks like paradise! First time commenter here. I found your blog the other day and I love it!

• Joni LaFave

July 12, 2012 | Reply

Hi Maegan…I’m new to your blog and I love it. You have alot of great ideas. The fact that 20 some people have come to your defense on this insure person, should tell you how much you are loved and appreciated. Feel sorry for her that she doesn’t know any better and didn’t listen to her mom say,”If you don’t have anything nice to say, then don’t say it!!” It takes alot of energy to be that mad and you have good energy to do wonderful things! God Bless and Have an amazing day!! :)

• Kat

Only 107 huh?? Haha that’s a reason to go out! :P

And how dare that woman be so accusatory. There are some mean people out there that are insecure themselves. :(

Megan, even if you’re not fishing for compliments, I’m gonna give you one… you look great!

kat
    aneyeforfashion.blogspot.com

• Makaila

July 12, 2012 | Reply

don’t take this the wrong way, but your vacation, photos, legs, and bikini look amazing! Thanks for sharing! :)

• Rosy (of Raindrops on Rosy)

July 12, 2012 | Reply

such a stressful life you must have:) haha obvi kidding!

• Keiko

July 13, 2012 | Reply

That last picture ..did you take it? It’s georgeous!!

Keiko
    nykeiko.com

• Jessi

July 13, 2012 | Reply

Is that woman serious?!? You’re at the POOL and last time I checked you wear bikinis and swim shorts at the pool! And bare legs will show. God forbid! Wth??

I’m sorry you get some crazy comments sometimes. Never apologize for you, what you post, what you write – that’s what makes you YOU. All the haters can suck it.

xoxo J

• Mawiyah

July 13, 2012 | Reply

How dare you post pictures of yourself in a bathing suit – I am so offended!!!! LOL – joking – seriously – that woman is out of her mind – Great pics – that looks sooooo fun and peaceful – I will think about them as i dream from my cubicle – ha-ha-ha

July 13, 2012 | Reply

You are beautiful….a classic beauty. I love looking at your pictures because your beauty is effortless. I am a 31 year old female who lost sense of my love for fashion until I stumbled upon your blog.. each post inspires me to try something new and think outside of the box. Thank you for that. As for the woman on Twitter…. “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.” ~ E. Roosevelt.

Enough said! :) Now post that quote on Twitter lovecat!!

• fashionallure

July 13, 2012 | Reply

These are amazing pictures! I can’t stop dreaming about my next holiday now…

• jenn~the stylish housewife

July 13, 2012 | Reply

well,i guess i better not post a pic of me in my bikini doing a hurkey next weekend! LOL! what is wrong with people?

xoxo, jenn