A Hint of Schoolgirl… Drop Waist Dress & Riding Boots

drop waist dress, oxblood riding boots

What I’m Wearing…

* Drop waist black dress by Juicy Couture… c/o Shopbop. And yet ANOTHER Juicy favorite! I loved it so much that later this very day when we returned home, I bought it in purple too. I love a great drop waist dress, but I love this one even more because it has a defined waist {which technically means it’s NOT an actual drop waist, but it’s uber flattering.}
* Vintage gray blazer, ancient… seen here in an outfit that would have looked better without the socks, but socks were kind of a thing in 2010, remember?
* Guy and Eva necklace and earrings.
* Tom Ford sunglasses.
* Brahmin dome bagclick here if you’re wondering why I’m still carrying my Brahmin bags.
* American Apparel thigh high socks worn as knee socks… seen here in black as thigh highs.
* Oxblood {also see: burgundy or cordovan} riding boots are Juicy Couture as well and I found them at a recent GILT sale… and I love them. If I can find them in black I’m buying them too. I’ve been literally searching for YEARS for a great pair of riding boots and none ever make me happy… until now. {these are the closest I’ve found to mine}

* Nails: Bejeweled jewel tones manicure

I wore this to Delilah‘s birthday party last weekend… and for the rest of the day as well. It was actually quite warm so I left the blazer in the car. I’ll post the remainder of her party pics later today or tonight… or maybe tomorrow, I dunno.

I think my favorite outfits are always in the month of October. I can narrow it down to two reasons. 1. It’s the beginning of Fall and I’m excited and creative and 2. It’s Halloween month, so I feel like I can dress a little campy and over the top all month long. Check it: October 2010, October 2009 {loves} ~ I stopped archiving my outfits at the end of 2010, which was a mistake, but so much work. Here’s the month of October 2011 though in full.

drop waist dress, vintage blazer, oxblood riding boots

drop waist dress, vintage blazer, oxblood riding boots

little black dress

necklace and nails

drop waist dress, vintage blazer, oxblood riding boots

drop waist dress, vintage blazer, oxblood riding boots

burgundy, oxblood, riding boots, crocodile bag

oxblood riding boots

Happy Friday!

• Natali

October 19, 2012 | Reply

Absolutely fantastic dress and boots :)

• Cathy

October 19, 2012 | Reply

Love this color combo of neutrals! Want those boots :)

• Mounette

October 19, 2012 | Reply

You are so pretty like that! Ready to work ;)
    Kiss
    Aurélie

• FashionCherry

Hi Maegan!!

Great outfit, the dress is so feminine and the addition of the boots give it an edge.

Love your blog! The DIY’s you do are amazing!

~ Tasha

October 19, 2012 | Reply

The outfit is great, but I’m surprised that after all that drama/outrage over Brahmin, you’re still carrying the bag….

I guess the free stuff was worth it after all?

October 19, 2012 | Reply

Love everything about this! You look gorgeous! :)

• LesliMarie

October 19, 2012 | Reply

I love this outfit. The boots are great, and the combination of the black brown and gray is just right!

• Dina Karivalis

October 19, 2012 | Reply

Great dress ! You look fabulous as usual!
    xo Dina
    Sweetest Somethings

• Kisses Aren't Contracts

October 19, 2012 | Reply

super cute! love the drop waist!

xoxo Shauna

kissesandcontracts.blogspot.com

• Maria @ GLD

October 19, 2012 | Reply

You look super cute as always! Love the blazer and the knee socks+ridding boots look.

hi Meagan. I just love your site. I have two suggestions for you to consider:|

1) i loved loved loved the 30 day jeans/white t-shirt challenge. it was so great to see your creativity. I think it would be cool to see another twist on that.

2) i would love to know how you not only organize all your clothing but how do you decide WHAT to keep and what to donate. I struggle with that and would love to know how you keep order in your closet.

again, I love your blog!!!!!! Keep up the great work and i can’t wait for your book.

• Me

October 19, 2012 | Reply

You are SO FREAKING FABULOUS and Bra-ha-ha-ha-min should be thanking their lucky stars you didn’t burn their handbags.

But hey – a nice looking handbag is a nice looking handbag – Am I right or am I right? And a handbag like that should not have to suffer the consequences of one completely unprofessional, and might I add, rude individual.

• Jennifer

October 19, 2012 | Reply

I love your boots with the socks!

xo Jennifer

October 20, 2012 | Reply

Love the dress! Just thought I’d pass this along, the proper way to lace field boots. Obviously for someone not on horseback it doesn’t matter but the unique lacing style would make a quirky touch.

• Maegan Tintari

October 22, 2012 | Reply

Anon: My beef wasn’t with the bags or the company itself. My beef was with the way a single employee handled a situation that may or may not reflect the way the actual company is run.

It has nothing to do with it being free. I will continue carrying the bags I was given and linking back to their site when I do… because I feel it is the “right” thing to do.

But thank you, as always, for your “anonymously bold” opinion.

• Elise

October 25, 2012 | Reply

Here are some similar boots! Although, not Juicy Couture, but they could be an option!