It’s Official! We’re Homeowners & Moving to a Lake!

crocs, snow boots, cute snow boots
…his and hers snow boots…

Crocs Duck Boots for her & Slip On Duck boots for him

For the past 45 days, we have been in limbo. Getting a loan to buy a house these days is kind of a ridiculous process, so even when it was almost surely a done deal, we held our breath {and our excitement} just in case. It seemed like each week closer to the end of escrow we got, came yet another little bump in the road we had to go around. But finally today, the title of the house was placed in our name and it became officially official.

WE BOUGHT A HOUSE AND WE FINALLY GET TO BE EXCITED ABOUT IT!

But with that excitement, also comes TERROR. We both grew up in Los Angeles, in fact, we both grew up on The Valley… the very hot, very dry, very suburban area of LA and though we’ve lived elsewhere in LA {and the husband in Vegas}, we’ve only experienced snow on the rare occasions that we’ve driven up a very steep mountain to see it. The thought of living on a lake and getting to experience seasons is exciting but let’s be honest, we’ve never really had to deal with “real” weather conditions and I’m pretty sure it’s going to snow on and off all Winter long and maybe even in the Spring.

And for the past 45 days, with this snow in mind, I’ve been online searching and shopping for mostly snow boots and jackets and coats and warm fuzzy hats and scarves. Half thinking that I’m going to have to be bundled up like the little brother from A Christmas Story every time I leave the house. No really, I’m not joking. But this can’t be the reality? … right? {but I’m ready with my Crocs duck boots just in case}

We will definitely be out of our element… I’m envisioning every movie ever made about “city folk” moving to the country/small town/lake/cabin/mountains/etc. and hoping our story ends up on the romantic comedy shelf rather than the horror section. EEK!

I cannot WAIT to get in there and start decorating. It’s technically move-in ready, but we may do a few minor things to it before moving in or we may just wait until next Spring/Summer when it’s a little warmer to get started. Also, I like to let a house speak to me visually so I know exactly what will work in it vs forcing something and then hating it a few months later. I have a feeling the coming months if not years, will bring more and more decor inspired posts to this space and I hope you’ll come along with us for the ride.

WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!

* * Start from the beginning… read the whole story here and see some house photos too.

• laura @ hollywood housewife

November 16, 2012 | Reply

This is SO exciting for you! I would love to see more home & decorating posts around here – your style is enviable. Congratulations!!

• Alela Sirah

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations!!! Beautiful home! I bet you will have some beautiful pics with the scenery, can’t wait to see!

• Kez

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations! :) It’s a big deal finally being able to celebrate a new home!!! Enjoy x

• Fiona

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Congrats! Looking forward to many a decor post and a new backdrop for your new winter style :-)

• The slow pace

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations! I’m sure this story will have a happy snowy ending! I live in a really cold city, so let me give you a little piece of advice: don’t forget to cover your ears!!! Warm feet,hands ans ears = happy person! :-)

• jenn~the stylish housewife

November 16, 2012 | Reply

awwww, i am SO happy for you!!! you are going to love it. soon you are going to be saying that you can’t imagine life before living there…i just know it. =) congratulations girl!!!

xoxo, jenn
    the stylish housewife

• thankfifi

November 16, 2012 | Reply

AMAZING news – so happy for you guys! Hope crocs make snow shoes for your boys – how are they going to cope in the snow with those tiny legs!?

Thankfifi

• Amanda

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Congrats!! You will learn to love having seasons; I’m from the southeast and there is nothing quite like those first breaths of spring each year when things come to life again! Enjoy decorating your new place!

• MerciBlahBlah

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Yay – congrats to you on your new home! Can’t wait to see photos once you get settled in – enjoy the journey!!

merci,
    Shannan

• Tiffany M*

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations!!! I too am in the process of buying a house and this limbo stage is ridiculous! I’ve barely told anyone that I’m buying a house because of all the “what ifs”. I’m so happy for you and the husband and hope that you’ll be documenting the transition of the house and your living in a new “world” on the blog.
    Congratulations again!
    beijos,
    Tiffany

• Jennifer

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations! Change is terrifying but I’m sure it will turn into excitement and love!

xo Jennifer

• Laura Wears...

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations! Such great news.
    On one hand, snow is a pain in the ass, but on the other it can be a lot of fun. Just depends on what you make of it! Can’t wait to see how you decorate your new place :)

Laura

• Mawiyah

Fantastic!!!! Big changes :) Ooooh

• Kiri

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations! I’ve only just started to read your blog but I’m so pleased for you. Being a homeowner is an awesome experience and what a house!

• Unknown

November 16, 2012 | Reply

AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so excited for you guys! I know it will be amazing.

• Jessi

November 16, 2012 | Reply

A huge congrats, this is so exciting!! Let both the fear and excitement coexist, for that is when great adventure (and growth) happens. I look forward to future posts of house decor and winter fashion… and there is no shame in owning lots of gear to stay warm. It will be in the 40s without snow and I’m bundled up… and I’m a CO girl ;)
    xoxo J

• LesliMarie

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Oh my gosh! Congrats! Its so exciting. I can not wait to see all the great things you do with your new house!

• Lorena

November 16, 2012 | Reply

Never doubted it ! I am sooo happy for you :)

Congratulations!

November 16, 2012 | Reply

omfg. huge and exciting life change! this is so awesome!!!!! and i can’t wait to see what you do with the place!!!!!

• GRIT AND GLAMOUR

November 17, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing you transform your new house into HOME!

Don’t forget to buy the dogs some sweaters too! And beds for every room!

• Me

November 17, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations on your new house! It’s so exciting! Can’t wait to watch you decorate it!

PS I’m kind of selfishly sad you are leaving L.A., but still elated for you both!

• Adeola Naomi

November 17, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations!!!!
    I am super excited for you!

• Maria @ GLD

November 18, 2012 | Reply

Congrats again!!! I am super excited to see what new ideas you come up with. I am also moving to the lake in less than two months. Unfortunately not because I bought a house :( . But I am still looking forward to seeing how you are going to decorate your new place and how you are going to dress like! It’s going to be a huge change for be a huge change in the clothes department, right? At least for being outdoors…

• A.Co

November 19, 2012 | Reply

EEEEEEEEEP!!!! Congratulations (again!!)!! SO excited for you guys!

Loved the Instagram (or was it FB?) pic of you guys signing! :D YAY!!!

Can’t wait for you to move and share various things with us!

• Kelly

December 5, 2012 | Reply

Congratulations! I think you all will love it :)