My InstaLife : Week 12/23-29 in Photos

My Instagram from the week.

I cannot stop taking photos of the natural beauty around us, especially on snow days. I know people have been living in places where it snows for centuries, but this is all so new to us and I just can’t get used the beauty of it all… and I hope I never do. But in the mean time, I also hope that I’m not boring you with my photos and excitement.

winter wonderland, our street covered in snow

After about a week without snow, it finally came down quick and hard yesterday afternoon and covered everything around us in a thick puffy white layer of gorgeousness within a few hours. We got all bundled up to take a walk and on our way home, I slipped and fell so quickly that I didn’t know what had happened until I looked up from the ground, my head and body covered in snow… laughing. It’s hard not to laugh when you fall. It’s just a complete outer body experience that wakes you up and puts you right in the moment and really is one of the funniest things ever. While I was a little sore from the fall, the husband and I replayed it about a million times throughout the remainder of the day and laughed harder each time we thought about it.

snow day puzzle outfit post in the snow

carrying salt for the snow lake arrowhead near sunset

1. The husband got me a 2000 piece puzzle for Christmas and since this week was a little difficult to get into work mode, I decided a puzzle was the way to go. However, it didn’t keep me from feeling guilty about not working and/or staring outside at the snowfall.
2. Walking in a winter wonderland outfit post a favorite so far
3. The husband carrying a salt bag to our car… so cute ;)
4. The lake near sunset

christmas tree in our master coloring with delilah

leroy sleeping on his new toy melted snow, shining sun, trees

5. The Christmas tree in our master bedroom
6. Coloring fun with Delilah on Christmas Day
7. LeRoy using his new doggy dog toy as a pillow
8. The trees outside our house on Christmas day… as soon as most of the snow melts away from everything, it snows again and covers it all just as quickly. Have I mentioned how much I love living here?

chocolate peanut clusters Vogue magazine november 2006, Cate Blanchett

9. We have been stopping by the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory once a week to stock up on chocolates and these are by far my favorites; dark chocolate covered peanut clusters… I ate them for breakfast a few times last week as a Christmas treat!
10. A favorite Vogue cover from November 2006 {I haven’t quite finished unpacking just yet :/}

Happy Sunday!

• Jessi

December 30, 2012 | Reply

I am so happy that you’re so happy in your new digs! And no way, you keep the snow pics coming, they’re great :)
    Happy New Year!
    xoxo J

December 30, 2012 | Reply

Everyone in our family who lived/are living to be 95+ loved/loves dark chocolate-covered almonds, walnuts, and peanuts! There is something very healthy about dark chocolate and almonds, walnuts, peanuts, etc. Love your photos. You should frame a few of the snow-scapes. Love the first one, I believe…..have to go back and review them. So glad you four are so very happy in your new home. We love your photos and will never be bored viewing them!

December 30, 2012 | Reply

Hey, I’m just thinking….How about selling a few of your snow-scape photos, maybe in 8×10″ or 9X12″ sizes….Easy to mail, etc. We could frame them ourselves. It’s just a thought.

• gheidi

December 30, 2012 | Reply

The snow and winter climate suit your beauty! Keep ‘em coming, although it does make me very envious. I live in the central valley and yes, it’s nice to only have to drive 2 hrs. to get to mountains or ocean BUT I love, love, LOVE the snow and would love to live smack dab in the middle of it all. Especially w/California winters not getting unbearably cold.

• Rhe Christine

December 31, 2012 | Reply

i just love your instaphotos for the week. always makes me happy :)

• Audrey K.

December 31, 2012 | Reply

You should make an Instagram calendar for 2013! Like this one:

• astr!d

December 31, 2012 | Reply

i would be gushing about the beauty of nature too, so no worries!!! i’m in arkansas and the winters are usually dull, brown, gray, no sun for days in a row and it’s always dreary. BUT….we had a huge snow on christmas night and it has stuck around since then and i cannot keep from admiring the beauty! i always catch myself saying, oooohhh look at that field, or look at those trees with snow. or wondering if i could sled down hills that i see covered in snow! my husband is like, babe- see snow much?!?! lol i just appreciate it so much!

December 31, 2012 | Reply

Your hair always looks so effortless and beautiful! Would you consider a hair tutorial on your curls (again if it’s different from the other curl tutorials)? Your winter posts totally kick ass!!!! Lindsay C.

• Rimsha Marium

January 3, 2013 | Reply

you are impeccable like a Royal princess !!….and you are so beautiful…God Bless you :)